Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2018, 06:10:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Team Z Motorsports
Tech Section
* SBFTECH Membership Required *
435267 Posts in 37272 Topics by 9537 Members
Latest Member: Mgabski
Search: Advanced search
Advertiser Inquiries
+ My Community
|-+ General Tech
| |-+ Transmissions/Differentials
| | |-+ Ordered My Ultimate Converter today
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ordered My Ultimate Converter today  (Read 1200 times)
Bradone
Big Block

« on: August 30, 2007, 05:59:15 pm »

I ordered my custom converter from Lenny at Ultimate Converter Concepts today. It was as interesting experience as dealing with Jay. Details, details, details. I knew my car was not cookie cutter but after spending multiple times with me on the phone and through email Lenny decided today what would be best for my project. We had discussed at length the details of my car from of course its 4000lb weight, suspension changes, IRS (diff) setup including gear and case material, driveshaft, transmission and it's gear ratios down to tires to launch the car. Then we discussed the engine at length. Lenny has a very detailed build sheet that only scratches the surface of what he wants to know. He had Jay's information to work with also which makes his work more exact.

Ultimately, after adding in what I want the car to drive like, he made a decision what I need. Before telling me what his converter will do for me he told me the cost. Upfront and honest approach. After I agreed, then he told me what strip performance to expect, where he is going to flash stall the converter, what to expect street and highway performance to be, etc. There was no A, B, or C recommendations offered. That is what we pay these true professionals to provide us with and I totally appreciate it and want to pass it on to all here. The hours that Lenny and Jay have spent with me on this project so far make there products very cost effective. I would not have made the decisions they have guided me to, by listening, questioning, etc, on my own. I don't have the 50+ years worth of experience. Buy it right, ONCE! Only the true professional can provide that.

Thanks
Brad

'93 Thunderbird LX 5.0

(click on picture)

93 5.0 Thunderbird LX "Loaded" 81k original at purchase(have maintenance records) Suspension rebuilt front & rear, Solid rubber mm's, Tokico Blues, SCPP 3.5" CAI with box, True Duals (Pypes Bullets 2.5" MVR200R, Magnaflow Resonators 14416), MAC Ceramic Coated 1 5/8 Longtube Headers, FRPP case (IRC) & 3.73 gears, Dynatech MMC driveshaft, Walbro 255lph,  Tru Cool (28k), Cervini hood,Moates QuarterHorse, Innovate LC-1 Wide Band and gauge, J4J1 (94' Cobra) ECM and VMP Slot Blade MAF, '97 TBird Fan, PBR Calipers ////////

15.06@93.48 (4040lb race weight)

To Be Installed: WRGearset (FRPP) AOD w/Art Carr VB (transbrake/electric OD_non-lockup), Ultimate Converter Concepts 9.5" 4100, Hurst V-Matic 2, Camshaft Innovations "Custom" cam & TFS 190 FAC head package by Jay Allen, Holley Systemax II, 75mm TB, 275/50/15 MT D/R's,
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: