Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2018, 11:22:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Team Z Motorsports
Tech Section
* SBFTECH Membership Required *
435277 Posts in 37275 Topics by 9537 Members
Latest Member: Mgabski
Search: Advanced search
Advertiser Inquiries
+ My Community
|-+ Small Block Talk
| |-+ Other Ford Engines
| | |-+ 351c, 351M, & 400 Small Blocks
| | | |-+ I know they are quite rare, but some still use this motor
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I know they are quite rare, but some still use this motor  (Read 23927 times)
fidstang
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2006, 03:47:56 pm »

Some classes?  Lots of classes - and more and more every year. . . Iowa demanding as much or more CLE in ethics as any other state.  So yes - that previous post was all - sarcasim!

Thats me just playing on the stereotypes we lawyers deal with every day. . .

Being an Attorney used to command respect - people would wish for their kids to grow up and become Doctors or lawyers . . . that is all different.  Most people view lawyers as bottom dwelling scum that charge to much.   Until they need one of course. . . . kinda like cops, everybody hates them till they need one, then they are the second comming.

Its a shame that a few lawyers ruined the profession for the rest of us. . . 
Yeah, I just had one take me for 3,468.00 and then request to withdrawl as my lawyer. Told me I had the case no problem and he would do the research before we went any further. Then 2 months later says, "Hey I just had my new assistant research the case and it looks like you don't have much of a defense." "It's a 50/50 chance." What a prick, damn western union money order scam! 4years now I've had to deal with 5Th 3rd delaying everthing and not being able to get a debit card or checking account. Bastards, It's always shit on the little people. I got ripped off not only by the scam, but also by the bank!

Spend time with your family to, not just your car.

"The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher states. The great teacher inspires."-- William Author Ward
wildcobrar
Big Block

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2006, 09:06:32 pm »

Always seems to be the way.  I had a guy message me on a diff forum about an intake I had for sale.  Wanted to send me a cheque, and get me to cash it.  $5000.00 and keep 300 for my trouble and send hime the remanider in a money order along with the intake.  Can you say scam??  I forwarded his e-mail adress to the authorities. And went no further.  Would have been out $5000.00 plus the intake and shipping. 
fidstang
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2006, 09:29:51 pm »

Always seems to be the way.  I had a guy message me on a diff forum about an intake I had for sale.  Wanted to send me a cheque, and get me to cash it.  $5000.00 and keep 300 for my trouble and send hime the remanider in a money order along with the intake.  Can you say scam??  I forwarded his e-mail adress to the authorities. And went no further.  Would have been out $5000.00 plus the intake and shipping. 
Yep, that's the one. Only it happened to me on ebay when I was trying to start up my business.
I lost more money to my lawyer then I did in the scam! Only difference is that the bank cleared the check after holding it 10 days. EFT only takes 3 days to find out if a check is good or not. That and I requested a notice of withholding from the bank till the M.O. cleared. I even went in the bank and asked the manager to verify it was good before I withdrew the money from my account. They told me 10 days was more then enough to know if it's good or not. Then they waited 2 years before they even contacted me for a hearing date. Which has finally been set for this Dec. Talk about fucking over the small person. All I was tring to do was start my own business, you can't go around not trusting anyone or you'll have no customers. Always someone out there to have to fuck it all up for people. This time it was someone from Nigeria, South America

Spend time with your family to, not just your car.

"The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher states. The great teacher inspires."-- William Author Ward
grabbem88
Self_Deleted
2stroke

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2006, 11:29:04 pm »

hey i have a 79 bronco with a 400 and it pops under hard acceleration also...came out of nowhere...changed plugs/cap/coil/rebuilt carb/wires/filter.

now when i went check timing...the dizzy was frozen..i have yet sprayed it to get it loose.

you think it jumped a tooth or that vac cannistor is shot?

those who beg in silence...starve in silence
Joel5.0
El Hombre
Administrator
Big Block

Miracles?.... by appointment only!

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2006, 09:19:18 am »

Did you overhaul the carb.?....LUK

ACRONYMS:
LUK  LMK  JIC  BTSTDTRT  YCYDYP  NFI-YTM  SPOBI, and the classic... DILLIGAS

'86 Mustang GT, X-303 cam, Holley DP 700, RG Tran., 289 Heads   Ford Smilie 2

Quote from: Joel5.0
The right to be stupid is inalienable for sure however, there is no such thing as a right to impose stupidity onto others
Great Thoughts will Overwhelm a Feeble Mind
There is never money to do it right, but there's always money to do it over.
Knowledge based on external evidence is unreliable.
He, who doesn't ask, does not deserve an answer.
A mind is like a parachute it only works when it is open.  (oldmanjoe)
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. (Albert Einstein)
Tuning on a Dyno for the track, is like swim practice in a bathtub.
I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you. (90lxcoupe)
The proof of understanding is the ability to explain it. (H. Torruella)
Ignorance is bliss, but stupidity is orgasmic.
Fraud and falsehood only dread examination. Truth invites it. (Samuel Johnson)
The chaotic resistance of the opponents leads to the conclusion that they are not prepared to meet the challenge. The problem is already much more psychological then technological. [Bojidar Djordjev]
Individuals are rational and humane... Crowds are reactionary and barbaric. (Jason)
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it. –Chinese Proverb
Nothing sways the stupid more than arguments they can't understand - Cardinal de Retz
grabbem88
Self_Deleted
2stroke

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2006, 02:33:15 pm »

well the kit didn't come with a float..so it wasn't a complete rebuild

those who beg in silence...starve in silence
rmodel65
4 Banger

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2006, 01:00:41 am »

they detonate because of the combustion chamber being the open style
ranchopower
Big Block

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2010, 11:09:49 am »

hey i have a 79 bronco with a 400 and it pops under hard acceleration also...came out of nowhere...changed plugs/cap/coil/rebuilt carb/wires/filter.

now when i went check timing...the dizzy was frozen..i have yet sprayed it to get it loose.

you think it jumped a tooth or that vac cannistor is shot?
you wiped out an exhaust lobe on the camshaft.
cut open the oil filter you should see raining metal in the engine.

lubricant quality today is not sufficient for 80s engines minimum requierment is SG rated oils

Javier

a petty man knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.
69 Merc
The Ricer King
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2010, 11:14:08 am »

Dude -- this thread is four years old!   Whistling

Robert's 1969 Mercury Montego (FordStrokers 408W, QFT 850cfm RQ-AN, Super Victor, 1" aluminum open spacer, CamMotion HR .624"/.609" 251*/256* 108* LSA, 1-3/4"x3-1/2" headers, Dynomax Ultra #17224 mufflers, C6/4R100 trans, 8"/9" 5500 converter, Broader Performance manual V/B, 9" 4.56 Detroit Truetrac, Hoosier Pro Street 31x12.5R15 on 10" rims)

The Merc started here = http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,27178.0.html  Now = http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,34648.0.html

Thanks to Jim "Woody" and Nicole Woods @ FordStrokers 408W, Westminster Performance Transmission (W.P.T.) transmissions, TCS Performance converters, Broader Performance valvebodies and last but not least a BIG thanks (always) to my friends here and abroad in the World!
ranchopower
Big Block

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2010, 11:27:03 am »

Dude -- this thread is four years old!   Whistling

LOL! I didnt even look! guess the guy used the engine for a 600lb piece of cast iron scrap.

69 Merc
The Ricer King
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2010, 12:14:00 pm »

I'm glad that you did post here because it got me to see that grabbem88 self-deleted himself.

What happened to him?   

Robert's 1969 Mercury Montego (FordStrokers 408W, QFT 850cfm RQ-AN, Super Victor, 1" aluminum open spacer, CamMotion HR .624"/.609" 251*/256* 108* LSA, 1-3/4"x3-1/2" headers, Dynomax Ultra #17224 mufflers, C6/4R100 trans, 8"/9" 5500 converter, Broader Performance manual V/B, 9" 4.56 Detroit Truetrac, Hoosier Pro Street 31x12.5R15 on 10" rims)

The Merc started here = http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,27178.0.html  Now = http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,34648.0.html

Thanks to Jim "Woody" and Nicole Woods @ FordStrokers 408W, Westminster Performance Transmission (W.P.T.) transmissions, TCS Performance converters, Broader Performance valvebodies and last but not least a BIG thanks (always) to my friends here and abroad in the World!
95GTspeeddemon
Big Block

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2010, 01:38:21 pm »

Are 400M's worth having/modifying?
From what i gather thats a no.

95gt, stock forged 302 shirtblock, canfield 195's, canfield efi intake; efi sheetmetal elbow, xe258 (208/216 .550), 90mm accufab TB, 69mm gt45, 3in cold side, a/a intercooler, water injection, ba5000 maf, 80lb injectors, moates quarterhorse, stock manifold modified & a log manifold, twin 2in up pipes, 60mm wg, 3.5 dp dumped, 14psi, 3.27s, solid bushing rear upper/lower team z suspension, team z tubular k member and A arms, front coil overs with strange 10 way all the way around. TKO600, stock flywheel, ram replacement pressure plate and kevlar/organic disc. 450rwhp 12.39 @ 123.5mph 3400lbs
ranchopower
Big Block

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2010, 02:04:43 pm »

Are 400M's worth having/modifying?
From what i gather thats a no.

I think a 351/400M is worth the effort for a street/strip engine
get the 400 and you only need a custom set of pistons.
Add some CHI/TFS heads and away we go!

Javier

95GTspeeddemon
Big Block

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2010, 02:06:49 pm »

Someone my dad knows has a old farm pickup with a 400m in it, said $500 and its mine.
I doubt it would be worth it though.
what does it take to make 400hp with it?

95gt, stock forged 302 shirtblock, canfield 195's, canfield efi intake; efi sheetmetal elbow, xe258 (208/216 .550), 90mm accufab TB, 69mm gt45, 3in cold side, a/a intercooler, water injection, ba5000 maf, 80lb injectors, moates quarterhorse, stock manifold modified & a log manifold, twin 2in up pipes, 60mm wg, 3.5 dp dumped, 14psi, 3.27s, solid bushing rear upper/lower team z suspension, team z tubular k member and A arms, front coil overs with strange 10 way all the way around. TKO600, stock flywheel, ram replacement pressure plate and kevlar/organic disc. 450rwhp 12.39 @ 123.5mph 3400lbs
SteveL
Big Block

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2010, 03:24:49 pm »

HotRod mag did a 385ish HP build a few years ago,  A set of 4V CC heads and the
right cam/pistons/tidy build should be in the neighborhood..

Steve.K.Bates

To be honest, when you buy cheap, you invest in disappointment...
-Invalidboy
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: