Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 25, 2014, 07:00:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Team Z Motorsports
Tech Section
* SBFTECH Membership Required *
415174 Posts in 35506 Topics by 8885 Members
Latest Member: councilxvb32
Search: Advanced search
Advertiser Inquiries
+ SBFTECH.com Experienced Small Block Ford Tech
|-+ Off-Topic Bullshittin'
| |-+ Introduce Yourself
| | |-+ What are you a Professional at?
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What are you a Professional at?  (Read 62108 times)
90lxcoupe
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #510 on: December 29, 2011, 09:58:09 pm »

Was a Project Manager contracted in a major refinery.  It was not my cup of tea.  Going back to being a lead mechanical engineer in Jan/Feb back at our home office, as i close out some projects.  I spent more time engineering than managing any way.

I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you. 

It's good to know how to read, but it's dangerous to know how to read and not how to interpret what you're reading.
Mike Tyson

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth.
Mike Tyson
jon_daniels
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #511 on: December 31, 2011, 04:46:58 pm »

Was a Project Manager contracted in a major refinery.  It was not my cup of tea.
I watch the PMs at my work and have come to the same conclusion. Ours don't really even do any engineering though, just a lot of office politics.

Jon - 89 GT 3.73
juiced coupe
Six figures worth of don't give a f*ck
Global Moderator
Big Block

The land mass between New Orleans and Mobile

« Reply #512 on: December 31, 2011, 04:52:05 pm »

Was a Project Manager contracted in a major refinery.  It was not my cup of tea.
I watch the PMs at my work and have come to the same conclusion. Ours don't really even do any engineering though, just a lot of office politics.

Oh man, don't I know. I work at a large refinery and just came off a project (opps rep). The BS seemed like a cross between rival politics and teen girl drama.

Just a 12 second car with a 11 second engine.....that runs 10s
http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,20009.0.html

Quote from: Monte Smith
Bottom line, if it was the hot ticket, the fast guys would do it.............they don't

You might need some Titanium rods and a flow bench!  LMAO on floor
90lxcoupe
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #513 on: January 03, 2012, 02:00:18 pm »

Doing the engineering out of neccesity.  The guy that work through the early stages quit.  I was the only one that knew what needed to be done.  The rest of it, getting you're dick drug in the mud because somebody else missed a deadline or something didn't work out as well as planned (we are working around stuff that was originally built in the '40's, shit happens) and being a contractor so I have limited power to make anyone in this place that is an actual employee do anything,  I can certainly do without.   

I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you. 

It's good to know how to read, but it's dangerous to know how to read and not how to interpret what you're reading.
Mike Tyson

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth.
Mike Tyson
Matts
4 Banger

« Reply #514 on: February 28, 2012, 11:49:32 pm »

Been doing telecom & IT related stuff for quite a while now, wish I was still doing what I was learning when I was a teenager (machining, welding, CNC, engineering), but currently have the most important job I'll ever have, taking care of my little girl.
289nate
"IL BUONO"
Global Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #515 on: February 29, 2012, 12:12:38 am »

currently have the most important job I'll ever have, taking care of my little girl.

Thumb up

\'65 fastback pump gas 289, 4.56 gears, and faceplated T5.  11.123 at 122.4
daoneishere
Small Block

« Reply #516 on: February 29, 2012, 12:53:23 am »

imma vehicle mechanic at a air force base in az

i like learning.
347HO
A-1 Super Genious / Director of Maintenance
Section Moderator
Big Block

I believe they landed on the moon.

« Reply #517 on: February 29, 2012, 01:51:07 am »

imma vehicle mechanic at a air force base in az
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Luke AFB perhaps?

... it was REALLY revving at like 4K...
If I saw that thing in my rear view Im pulling over to let you by, I be scared of that thing Huh? i dont know wich car is uglier ur or mine?
Javier
Ugly?  Easy now -- that's my baby and it's got lots of unique character!  When I drop that built 445" stroker in it you won't have any time to "pull over to let me pass" because I'll have already blown past you when you figure out what the hell was that loud noise behind you . . .  
daoneishere
Small Block

« Reply #518 on: February 29, 2012, 08:32:18 am »

DAVIS MONTHAN

i like learning.
Vehicle A.D.D.
Adv_SBFTechie
2stroke

« Reply #519 on: April 23, 2012, 06:17:01 pm »

Currently a Police Officer with the Department of Defense.  Been in law enforcement since 95' when I got out of the Marine Corps.  I was also in the Navy and Army.
Tominator
Small Block

« Reply #520 on: April 28, 2012, 09:21:11 am »

Interesting mix of experience and occupations. Wonder, Ponder

For the last 23 years I've driven a semi for various companys. For the last 9 years for Overnite/UPS Freight.

This is my 4th occupation. I went from corporate officer when very young to truck driver! WTF

I enjoy my job as it is quite a challenge and delivering to many that own small business has been an education in how things work. Get to meet new people every day and from every corner of this earth.

95 Ford Ranger 5.0 Ford GT40 crate motor w/GT40X,GT40 Intake, 65MM TB, E303 Cam, Tri-Y headers/ Flow Masters, Accel 300+ Racing Ignition, 200a 3G alternator, 5/7 Drop, Baer Racing brakes. Tremec 6 spdw/Custom Hurst Shifter. OZ Racing 18X9+18X10 w/Sumitomo HTZR II , Carpeted Bed w/tonneau. Corbeau Toplines,1600W RMS into 12 speakers! Dakota Digital Dash. S-Trim. PMS. Zetronix.
mxracer652
I'm Brendan, not Brandon!
Big Block

« Reply #521 on: April 28, 2012, 10:14:46 am »

Mechanical Engineer by training, now a Project Manager in bulk material handling (coal/ore/grain for import/export/processing) during the day.  Opened a brewery this year that is my night/weekend job, which makes having two jobs tolerable since drinking is a requirement at one. 

86 LTD wagon, stock longblock 302 & 70mm turbo
95 Ranger + 302/362 + 4 link
http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,26347.0.html
Gregor5.0
6 Banger

« Reply #522 on: July 05, 2012, 08:12:38 pm »

long haul fiber optics transmission installer.

WIANG for 6 years.
347HO
A-1 Super Genious / Director of Maintenance
Section Moderator
Big Block

I believe they landed on the moon.

« Reply #523 on: July 05, 2012, 10:52:00 pm »

Mechanical Engineer by training, now a Project Manager in bulk material handling (coal/ore/grain for import/export/processing) during the day.  Opened a brewery this year that is my night/weekend job, which makes having two jobs tolerable since drinking is a requirement at one. 
Dude!
I didn't even get an invite to your Grand Opening!

... it was REALLY revving at like 4K...
If I saw that thing in my rear view Im pulling over to let you by, I be scared of that thing Huh? i dont know wich car is uglier ur or mine?
Javier
Ugly?  Easy now -- that's my baby and it's got lots of unique character!  When I drop that built 445" stroker in it you won't have any time to "pull over to let me pass" because I'll have already blown past you when you figure out what the hell was that loud noise behind you . . .  
mxracer652
I'm Brendan, not Brandon!
Big Block

« Reply #524 on: July 06, 2012, 09:29:39 am »

Dude!
I didn't even get an invite to your Grand Opening!
I didn't have it yet!  The locals wouldn't approve a zoning variance unless I agreed to no on-site sales (which was fine as it was nothing more than a temporary solution anyway).  The permanent home is in a much friendlier municipality 3 miles down the road without all of the regulatory bullshit.  As soon as it's built-out, I'll throw a party!

86 LTD wagon, stock longblock 302 & 70mm turbo
95 Ranger + 302/362 + 4 link
http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,26347.0.html
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: