Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 08, 2019, 04:32:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Team Z Motorsports
Tech Section
* SBFTECH Membership Required *
435293 Posts in 37285 Topics by 9537 Members
Latest Member: Mgabski
Search: Advanced search
Advertiser Inquiries
+ My Community
|-+ General Tech
| |-+ Forced Induction
| | |-+ Turbos
| | | |-+ wanting to go turbo
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: wanting to go turbo  (Read 2987 times)
fast_88redgt
4 Banger

« on: March 04, 2007, 09:46:13 pm »

Ok heres the deal i am a nos man have no clue about turbos but wanna go this direction....i have a 393 fresh build just setting there for a back up.I built the motor for a fogger but got different plans now.Its a stock windsor block with main girdle solid roller cam steal heads supervictor intake h beams and dome pistons going to go with a blow through set up.Have no clue about anything here in this department dont wanna ask around here cause want some supriseses come next spring..now what mods to the motor do i need to make i am runnin a msd 6al box.c4 automatic just on a foot brake i wanna go single but would really like twins but i am lookin for 560s in a 1/8 mile is this even possible...please help me any advice at all is helpfull i mean anyhthing
bigbub1968
Small Block

1984 GT350 347cid

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 11:02:49 am »

For starters you must change the dome pistons to reverse dome pistons to lower the compression ratio, and surely change the camshaft for a blower/turbo camshaft ....But a lot more things are involved in a turbo/carburated combination....good luck
project50
Small Block

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 03:57:27 pm »

There are alot of kits being made that are 'almost' bolt and go. Check out turbomustangs they have alot of info and also a cool DIY section- You can spend days in there- I have.
Good luck

gone - charged 5.0.........
96 gt with 02 pi swap/ trans/dirtydog 3500 convertor- full tubek member front back/lth

now diesels- 10.5@131 @5500lbs
11.1@124 @ 7450lbs
StrokerAce
2stroke

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 12:50:18 pm »

Reverse dome pistons to drop compression to around 8-8.5 static, find a stock EFI cam works wonders with a turbo car. EFI is the way to go. and get some really good (read-MLS) head gaskets & ARP head studs. As far as turbos go a street twin 57mm kit would get you where you wanna be. Check out some good shops. Good Luck!
flysti06
2stroke

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2007, 10:56:27 pm »

i would lower the compression ratio, thats number one 9.0 or less go with a hydraulic roller cam if you have the provision's f-cam or talk to Jay allen for a custom grind, and i would go with a single pt76 or twin 61's i think that the 57s are going to be too small for what your going to do  and run out of steam on the big end and for how fast you want to go.me personaly i would tak with banard newton at www.quicktimeturbosystems.com he is awesome and he runs a windor based twin turbo carbed car and is runing where you are looking to run,   i am in the middle of doing a turbo build 351w with a single pt74 turbo with a .96 exhaust housing, so i know quite a bit about the turbo magic
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: