Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2017, 12:36:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Director PLEASE!!!!
Add your location information to your personal profile. Thanx!
433491 Posts in 37081 Topics by 9458 Members
Latest Member: Rich351
Search: Advanced search
Advertiser Inquiries
+ SBFTECH.com Experienced Small Block Ford Tech
|-+ Off-Topic Bullshittin'
| |-+ Introduce Yourself
| | |-+ Stop in and introduce yourself
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stop in and introduce yourself  (Read 280661 times)
289nate
"IL BUONO"
Global Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #1200 on: April 16, 2016, 01:42:43 am »

Sounds great 2customs. Thumb up  Welcome

\'65 fastback pump gas 289, 4.56 gears, and faceplated T5.  11.123 at 122.4
ASEMechanic
4 Banger

« Reply #1201 on: May 19, 2016, 10:05:07 am »

Hey all,

My name is Bill. (Hi, Bill...) Glad to be on here and hope to be able to contribute as well as learn from the forum. Cheesy

I've been in the automotive/mechanical industry in some form or another for the last 35 years, starting off at the age of 12 working on lawnmowers and dirtbikes. By 15 I was already wrenching on half of my friends cars and by the time 20 was working as a full-time mechanic. (We weren't "Techs" back then.)

My first real playtoy was a '65 Galaxie 500 4-door with a 352. I was never able to drive the car, but spent a lot of time under the hood playing with the engine. The first manual trans I ever drove was a '70 Maverick with a 250 6-cyl and 3 on the tree. Fun car that was.

Growing up, my dad and my grandfather both worked for Ford and I have always had a sweet spot for the Blue Oval. I was originally a Small Block Chevy guy, as my first car (which was given to me) was a '77 Malibu. I bounced around the GM line for a while, but was always still partial to Fords.

In the late '90s, I got a real break and ended up working for Superchips as one of the Ford calibrators. This single event firmly planted my feet back in the Ford family and I've never looked back. After working for Superchips for 3 years, Working for Edge Products almost 4 years, and running by own Ford performance tuning business for the last 9 years, I've really come full circle on the automotive systems.

Over the years I have work on countless cars (Domestic, European, and Japanese), built dozens of engines (some street, some race), and owned in the area of 25 different vehicles. Throughout the late '90s and up through today, I've been doing mostly PCM tuning with the occasional engine build here and there. Lately, however, I've been getting burned out with all the tuning and really feeling the pull to go back to my muscle car roots. Maybe it's just me getting older and feeling nostalgic, or maybe it's just getting tired of dealing with the rat race of performance tuning. 

My current personal project is a '67 Fairlane XL 2-Door Hard Top. (Actually, I have 2 of them... Whistling ) I'll post up the build pics in an appropriate thread for everyone to enjoy. This project, while costing quite a bit, has brought me great joy. The ability to go in and work with my hands again, not just sitting behind a computer all day, feels good and brings a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction.

Anyway, thanks for reading. I hope that I can find some ways to share my knowledge and experience with folks who enjoy the same endeavors.

Take care and God bless.

~Bill

I'm that "Loose nut behind the wheel." Cheesy
darwyn
2stroke

« Reply #1202 on: August 02, 2016, 08:39:16 am »

I am in the process of putting together a '67 fastback. When I say in the process I mean I spend a lot of time looking at it.  Smiley I owned a '69 coupe in high school, then I got away from cars and into motorcycles. Long story, but I'm back to cars now.

I purchased a 289 and a toploader to go in the 'Stang, now trying to decide what I want to do with it.
I was hoping to get 350-400hp out of that combo. The question is going to be can I get that kind of horsepower reliably without spending so much that I could be well on the way to a Coyote swap. I've got some reading to do!

'67 Fastback
Fst Blk
Bill Watson
Big Block

Re:
« Reply #1203 on: August 07, 2016, 04:28:26 pm »

I want to see some pics of the fb.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

67 MUSTANG FASTBACK... on Jackstands

Living the dream or running it down... Haven't figured out which yet.

http://67fastback.webs.com/
Rich351
2stroke

« Reply #1204 on: April 05, 2017, 07:01:28 pm »

My name is Rich. I'd consider myself an advanced beginner. I've built many smalll block fords including a 600hp 310 with a stock camshaft (blown class racing motor). I know a little but realize I have a TON to learn. I have been stalking the forums for a while, now I'm legit and hope to both learn and contribute.
289nate
"IL BUONO"
Global Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #1205 on: April 09, 2017, 01:35:16 am »

My name is Rich. I'd consider myself an advanced beginner. I've built many smalll block fords including a 600hp 310 with a stock camshaft (blown class racing motor). I know a little but realize I have a TON to learn. I have been stalking the forums for a while, now I'm legit and hope to both learn and contribute.

Welcome!  Not a small feat with a stock cam.  It's not just about engines and dyno charts around here.  It's about getting a vehicle to accelerate when you need it to.

Happy to have you aboard.   

\'65 fastback pump gas 289, 4.56 gears, and faceplated T5.  11.123 at 122.4
Rich351
2stroke

« Reply #1206 on: April 10, 2017, 05:34:58 pm »

I know about making them accelerate too, I was nationally ranked in nmra in 2006 and 2007. That car is gone and I'm ready to flex my N/A muscle for a while and work my way back to forced induction eventually.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: