Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2017, 12:37:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Team Z Motorsports
Tech Section
* SBFTECH Membership Required *
434102 Posts in 37143 Topics by 9479 Members
Latest Member: joerberg
Search: Advanced search
Advertiser Inquiries
+ SBFTECH.com Experienced Small Block Ford Tech
|-+ Off-Topic Bullshittin'
| |-+ Introduce Yourself
| | |-+ Stop in and introduce yourself
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stop in and introduce yourself  (Read 307964 times)
CDW6212R
Big Block

« Reply #1185 on: March 22, 2015, 01:42:28 pm »

Hello, I am Jim from Fort Wayne, IN.  I am working on getting my 1970 Boss 302 back on the road.  I have the #'s matching block and don't want to hurt it.  Going to put together a 3.25" stroke Dart block with my Boss heads.  Was thinking about running E85.  FordStrokers isn't far from me, so I will probably head there for my work. 

Welcome Jim, I love the 70 Mustang, and the Boss was amazing. I dreamed of getting one some day and doing just what you are, saving the original engine/trans and installing a nice modern combo.

Show us some pics for sure. Post up that real Boss block, and I'll dig out my 400 block that too, has four bolt mains and screw in freeze plugs. Wonder, Ponder

Don

1991 Mark VII LSC Special Edition, soon to be OBDII and 4R70W, then GTC body kit and 347.
1998 Mountaineer, plans for A4WD and KB 2200 blower later, XP8 parts, paint and a 332.
1973 Ranchero and 72 Sport front end ...will be a 351 Clevor, EFI and 4R70W.
jarhead
4 Banger

« Reply #1186 on: April 26, 2015, 09:47:44 pm »

name is Joe, from Colorado. Just turned 59, as my forum name states I was a Jarhead many, many years ago.

Working on a 63 Fairlane with my Daughter, and a 68 Torino GT.

Fairlane has a MII front suspension, and will have a Freakride four-link. We have been working on it since she was 13, off and on for 7 years. It will have a 351, and T5, and all the safety features, and comforts of a new car.

We bought the 68 GT so she could drive it to high school while we worked on the 63. Itt puked the FMX right away, then the 351 went south. Put in a rebuilt 351, and a swap meet C4. The C4 made it 5 miles and grenaded, So we went all  out on this one and put a TKO 600 in it, Global West front suspension, hydraulic clutch, Quicktime bell housing, etc.

So here were are nearly 7 years later and she is in college and her Fairlane is on hold. The GT is just now on the road.

That's me for now...

68 Torino GT~351~TKO 600
Joel5.0
El Hombre
Administrator
Big Block

Miracles?.... by appointment only!

« Reply #1187 on: April 26, 2015, 10:12:44 pm »

Welcome..... don't forget to add your location to your profile. Got pics?.... of those classics?

ACRONYMS:
LUK  LMK  JIC  BTSTDTRT  YCYDYP  NFI-YTM  SPOBI, and the classic... DILLIGAS

'86 Mustang GT, X-303 cam, Holley DP 700, RG Tran., 289 Heads   Ford Smilie 2

Quote from: Joel5.0
The right to be stupid is inalienable for sure however, there is no such thing as a right to impose stupidity onto others
Great Thoughts will Overwhelm a Feeble Mind
There is never money to do it right, but there's always money to do it over.
Knowledge based on external evidence is unreliable.
He, who doesn't ask, does not deserve an answer.
A mind is like a parachute it only works when it is open.  (oldmanjoe)
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. (Albert Einstein)
Tuning on a Dyno for the track, is like swim practice in a bathtub.
I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you. (90lxcoupe)
The proof of understanding is the ability to explain it. (H. Torruella)
Ignorance is bliss, but stupidity is orgasmic.
Fraud and falsehood only dread examination. Truth invites it. (Samuel Johnson)
The chaotic resistance of the opponents leads to the conclusion that they are not prepared to meet the challenge. The problem is already much more psychological then technological. [Bojidar Djordjev]
Individuals are rational and humane... Crowds are reactionary and barbaric. (Jason)
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it. –Chinese Proverb
Nothing sways the stupid more than arguments they can't understand - Cardinal de Retz
blue04.5
Stroked Small Block

« Reply #1188 on: April 26, 2015, 10:17:08 pm »

Welcome to the forum, and I'll second the picture request.

1974 f100, 347
jarhead
4 Banger

« Reply #1189 on: April 27, 2015, 01:04:09 am »

Welcome to the forum, and I'll second the picture request.
[/quote

As requested

68 GT

daughters 63 Fairlane

The Rendering

68 Torino GT~351~TKO 600
CDW6212R
Big Block

« Reply #1190 on: April 27, 2015, 03:42:45 pm »

Welcome, and great cars, the story, and the daughter who is into cars.

Don

1991 Mark VII LSC Special Edition, soon to be OBDII and 4R70W, then GTC body kit and 347.
1998 Mountaineer, plans for A4WD and KB 2200 blower later, XP8 parts, paint and a 332.
1973 Ranchero and 72 Sport front end ...will be a 351 Clevor, EFI and 4R70W.
r347gt
4 Banger

« Reply #1191 on: May 05, 2015, 03:33:43 pm »

Will not give personal info on any website. I'm out of central ky area and like all engines not just fords. But do like SBFs. Not here to scam anyone or cause trouble. Enjoy learning new and different ways of doing things. I've had a mustang for bout 15plus years. And yes it is a fox body the best drag chassis to ever come out of the factory.  I've lerked  on the website seems to be a decent place to be. Thanks SBFtech
OttoBahn
2stroke

« Reply #1192 on: December 24, 2015, 12:50:19 pm »

Hello and Merry Christmas to everyone, I'm another new "old" member to SBFT. My background
is automotive, former ASE Master Tech for 20+ years, left the business and currently work in the
Utility Industry. Recently purchased a 95 F250 4wd 351W. Would like to do a budget minded, emissions
compliant, EFI build (using a recalibrated factory PCM, if at all possible) with the best combination of usable torque and horsepower.  I appreciate, in advance, all of your opinions and suggestions. Looks like a great website with valuable expert information. Looking forward to meeting you all, and your input. Thank you and Happy New Year too! Otto
FORD93GTFREAK
Stroked Small Block

« Reply #1193 on: January 28, 2016, 07:43:32 am »

New here and boy am I happy I got my account approved!!
Thanks SBFTECH!

I just traded my 1987 Toyota truck for this 1993 Mustang Gt:)
And have a lot of work ahead of me trying to fix all the gremlins it has.

I'll be searching this fantastic knowledgeable site for some needed info and will be asking lots and lots of questions
Thanks in advance!!!
dennis112
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #1194 on: January 28, 2016, 09:55:09 am »

Welcome to SBFtech.  

Hang around, check stuff out, and get a feel for the place.

Remember that once you get over 10 posts, more sections become available to you.  Suggestions are to post some pics of your rides (Fords preferred) and tell us something about your car and your plans for it.

Enjoy.

Dennis

65' Stang, 434W NA, Victor Heads, Super Vic Intake, 11:1, Braswell Carb, Bullet SR Cam, G101A 4-Speed, 4:56 rear, 93 Octane Pump Gas  9.82@138.00
FORD93GTFREAK
Stroked Small Block

« Reply #1195 on: January 28, 2016, 03:00:12 pm »

Welcome to SBFtech.  

Hang around, check stuff out, and get a feel for the place.

Remember that once you get over 10 posts, more sections become available to you.  Suggestions are to post some pics of your rides (Fords preferred) and tell us something about your car and your plans for it.

Enjoy.
Thanks! Dennis. I appreciate it!!

Now which category would I post pics of my ride and tell about it?
Thanks
juiced coupe
Six figures worth of don't give a f*ck
Global Moderator
Big Block

The land mass between New Orleans and Mobile

« Reply #1196 on: January 28, 2016, 03:56:45 pm »

Now which category would I post pics of my ride and tell about it?

http://sbftech.com/index.php/board,91.0.html

Thats the most common.

If that doesn't really fit, there are also sections based on engine type and the drag combo areas.

Doing more with less, or something like that.
http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,20009.0.html

Quote from: Monte Smith
Bottom line, if it was the hot ticket, the fast guys would do it.............they don't

You might need some Titanium rods and a flow bench!  LMAO on floor

I honestly don't get it.

I'm sweating, my heart is racing, my clutch foot is twichin', and my right arm punched the computer screen doing an involentary 2-3 shift while reading all that. 
ddillon
Big Block

« Reply #1197 on: January 28, 2016, 09:07:25 pm »

Welcome to SBFTECH.... this site is full of info.....

darren
FORD93GTFREAK
Stroked Small Block

« Reply #1198 on: January 29, 2016, 07:10:27 am »

Welcome to SBFTECH.... this site is full of info.....

darren
Thanks! Darren and I wanted to come here for the good info. I know it will help me and others get solid good advice from folks that know there stuff!
2customs
4 Banger

1987 Bronco Custom

« Reply #1199 on: April 15, 2016, 01:05:16 pm »

Im from Texas. Born and raised. I have loved Fords since my first F100 in 1979. Right now Im in the process of tearing down a 1968 302 out of a Mustang and swaping it into a 1983 F150 Explorer pkg. Its got a rod thru the block of a 300-6. Its kinda a dad and son project. Ive always wanted to do. He is 13 and a good kid in school to his friends and I want to do this for him. Got a daughter who is a freshman in college and drives a 04 Mustang with the lil 3.9 of which im not a fan, but thats a different story. Happily married to the best woman a man could ask for 26 yrs.. Go Ford or go home.. She does drive a turbo beetle and thats ok, Im partial to VW's too. It will run

Government is not the solution to the problem. Government is the problem.-Ronald Reagan
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: