Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2018, 04:37:30 am

Login with username, password and session length
Director PLEASE!!!!
Add your location information to your personal profile. Thanx!
435266 Posts in 37271 Topics by 9537 Members
Latest Member: Mgabski
Search: Advanced search
Advertiser Inquiries
+ My Community
|-+ Small Block Talk
| |-+ Small Block Windsors
| | |-+ Welcome 5.0 people
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Welcome 5.0 people  (Read 43799 times)
69 Merc
The Ricer King
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2010, 01:41:01 pm »

Looking for more torque than horsepower cause I want to win races, not be the best dyno queen.

Horsepower is what wins the races.  HP = RPM x torque/5252.  Remember that the motor produces torque across it's entire usable RPM powerband.  Large amounts of horsepower in the upper RPM's is what accelerates your car and which is what will help you win the race.

Robert's 1969 Mercury Montego (FordStrokers 408W, QFT 850cfm RQ-AN, Super Victor, 1" aluminum open spacer, CamMotion HR .624"/.609" 251*/256* 108* LSA, 1-3/4"x3-1/2" headers, Dynomax Ultra #17224 mufflers, C6/4R100 trans, 8"/9" 5500 converter, Broader Performance manual V/B, 9" 4.56 Detroit Truetrac, Hoosier Pro Street 31x12.5R15 on 10" rims)

The Merc started here = http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,27178.0.html  Now = http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,34648.0.html

Thanks to Jim "Woody" and Nicole Woods @ FordStrokers 408W, Westminster Performance Transmission (W.P.T.) transmissions, TCS Performance converters, Broader Performance valvebodies and last but not least a BIG thanks (always) to my friends here and abroad in the World!
TheBlackPlague
2stroke

« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2010, 12:20:08 am »

Looking for more torque than horsepower cause I want to win races, not be the best dyno queen.

Horsepower is what wins the races.  HP = RPM x torque/5252.  Remember that the motor produces torque across it's entire usable RPM powerband.  Large amounts of horsepower in the upper RPM's is what accelerates your car and which is what will help you win the race.

Torque gets you off the line and gets your car moving. I race from a dig, I can put a monkey in my car and punch the gas pedal from a roll for the  top end.

94 Mustang(project RED BARRON)
TheBlackPlague
2stroke

« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2010, 12:20:52 am »

My Cobra is also Vibrant Red - Shit give me a hard on!!!  Spt at PC

Welcome

WTF is a crab claw spoiler? Hope it's not fast and furious....

You never heard of a 94/95 cobra spoiler, WTF.

94 Mustang(project RED BARRON)
mmb
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2010, 12:31:03 am »

Never heard of crab claw parts!! I chunked my spolier long time ago, prefer a 94 notch....
69 Merc
The Ricer King
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2010, 10:26:31 am »

Horsepower is what wins the races.  HP = RPM x torque/5252.  Remember that the motor produces torque across it's entire usable RPM powerband.  Large amounts of horsepower in the upper RPM's is what accelerates your car and which is what will help you win the race.

Torque gets you off the line and gets your car moving. I race from a dig, I can put a monkey in my car and punch the gas pedal from a roll for the  top end.

You do know that torque is the only "thing" that the motor produces, right?  Horsepower is derived from a formula which takes into account at what RPM the torque is being produced.  More torque in the upper RPM band makes for more work being produced quicker so you'll accelerate that much faster . . .

Pretend that your monkey's ride produces a lot of torque "down low" to get your ride off of the line as you say it.  Pretend that your ride doesn't make that much torque at 6000RPM.  Pretend that my Merc makes a lot of torque at 6000RPM.  You can gear your ride as you like and I can choose my TC, too.  If our rides' weight and suspensions are the same who do you think is going to win a speed contest between us?

Robert's 1969 Mercury Montego (FordStrokers 408W, QFT 850cfm RQ-AN, Super Victor, 1" aluminum open spacer, CamMotion HR .624"/.609" 251*/256* 108* LSA, 1-3/4"x3-1/2" headers, Dynomax Ultra #17224 mufflers, C6/4R100 trans, 8"/9" 5500 converter, Broader Performance manual V/B, 9" 4.56 Detroit Truetrac, Hoosier Pro Street 31x12.5R15 on 10" rims)

The Merc started here = http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,27178.0.html  Now = http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,34648.0.html

Thanks to Jim "Woody" and Nicole Woods @ FordStrokers 408W, Westminster Performance Transmission (W.P.T.) transmissions, TCS Performance converters, Broader Performance valvebodies and last but not least a BIG thanks (always) to my friends here and abroad in the World!
69 Merc
The Ricer King
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2010, 09:10:30 pm »

Pretend that your monkey's ride produces a lot of torque "down low" to get your ride off of the line as you say it.  Pretend that your ride doesn't make that much torque at 6000RPM.  Pretend that my Merc makes a lot of torque at 6000RPM.  You can gear your ride as you like and I can choose my TC, too.  If our rides' weight and suspensions are the same who do you think is going to win a speed contest between us?

I'm Waiting!

windsordeath
"The Chad"
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2010, 09:17:30 pm »

Torque gets you off the line and gets your car moving. I race from a dig, I can put a monkey in my car and punch the gas pedal from a roll for the  top end.

You're just talking out your ass.."Crab Claw"...He has a nickname now.

Kgarrison7993
2stroke

« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2010, 06:42:04 pm »

Hi, I have a 94 Mazda B4000 4X4 that I am going to attempt to put a 302 in. I am up for any ideas. This is my everyday truck but the 4.0 cracked both heads and I need a new motor and I said why the hell not.

Keith D. Garrison
gtvert90
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2010, 07:59:20 pm »

Hi, I have a 94 Mazda B4000 4X4 that I am going to attempt to put a 302 in. I am up for any ideas. This is my everyday truck but the 4.0 cracked both heads and I need a new motor and I said why the hell not.

Its similar if not identical to the ranger isn't it? Or am I way off in left field?

Welcome

Phil.
Sabre
4 Banger

« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2010, 07:36:56 am »

hey does any one know where i can find a 302 boss i am looking 2 buy one 2 put in my 65 mustang

If you are still look for a real 302 boss I might be able to help you, the only problem is it is here in Australia,
If your interested, let me know
Joel5.0
El Hombre
Administrator
Big Block

Miracles?.... by appointment only!

« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2010, 10:28:36 am »

Its similar if not identical to the ranger isn't it? Or am I way off in left field?

Welcome

Nope.... it IS a Ranger.......  Naughty .... the Mazda P/Up's are made by Ford Smilie 2

ACRONYMS:
LUK  LMK  JIC  BTSTDTRT  YCYDYP  NFI-YTM  SPOBI, and the classic... DILLIGAS

'86 Mustang GT, X-303 cam, Holley DP 700, RG Tran., 289 Heads   Ford Smilie 2

Quote from: Joel5.0
The right to be stupid is inalienable for sure however, there is no such thing as a right to impose stupidity onto others
Great Thoughts will Overwhelm a Feeble Mind
There is never money to do it right, but there's always money to do it over.
Knowledge based on external evidence is unreliable.
He, who doesn't ask, does not deserve an answer.
A mind is like a parachute it only works when it is open.  (oldmanjoe)
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. (Albert Einstein)
Tuning on a Dyno for the track, is like swim practice in a bathtub.
I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you. (90lxcoupe)
The proof of understanding is the ability to explain it. (H. Torruella)
Ignorance is bliss, but stupidity is orgasmic.
Fraud and falsehood only dread examination. Truth invites it. (Samuel Johnson)
The chaotic resistance of the opponents leads to the conclusion that they are not prepared to meet the challenge. The problem is already much more psychological then technological. [Bojidar Djordjev]
Individuals are rational and humane... Crowds are reactionary and barbaric. (Jason)
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it. –Chinese Proverb
Nothing sways the stupid more than arguments they can't understand - Cardinal de Retz
dragogt
Small Block

« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2011, 08:38:58 am »

One of the best write ups I've seen for a ranger 5.0 swap..

http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/V8Conversions.html

88 E350 5.8 C6

Aaron
FJ5.0
2stroke

« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2012, 02:14:44 pm »

New guy with a 5.0 in an offroad buggy.

* 2011-10-20 New Buggy 003.JPG (300.37 KB, 1024x576 - viewed 432 times.)
Joel5.0
El Hombre
Administrator
Big Block

Miracles?.... by appointment only!

« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2012, 02:24:39 pm »

Welcome .... don't forget to add your location to your profile.

ACRONYMS:
LUK  LMK  JIC  BTSTDTRT  YCYDYP  NFI-YTM  SPOBI, and the classic... DILLIGAS

'86 Mustang GT, X-303 cam, Holley DP 700, RG Tran., 289 Heads   Ford Smilie 2

Quote from: Joel5.0
The right to be stupid is inalienable for sure however, there is no such thing as a right to impose stupidity onto others
Great Thoughts will Overwhelm a Feeble Mind
There is never money to do it right, but there's always money to do it over.
Knowledge based on external evidence is unreliable.
He, who doesn't ask, does not deserve an answer.
A mind is like a parachute it only works when it is open.  (oldmanjoe)
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. (Albert Einstein)
Tuning on a Dyno for the track, is like swim practice in a bathtub.
I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you. (90lxcoupe)
The proof of understanding is the ability to explain it. (H. Torruella)
Ignorance is bliss, but stupidity is orgasmic.
Fraud and falsehood only dread examination. Truth invites it. (Samuel Johnson)
The chaotic resistance of the opponents leads to the conclusion that they are not prepared to meet the challenge. The problem is already much more psychological then technological. [Bojidar Djordjev]
Individuals are rational and humane... Crowds are reactionary and barbaric. (Jason)
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it. –Chinese Proverb
Nothing sways the stupid more than arguments they can't understand - Cardinal de Retz
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: