Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2018, 06:49:44 am

Login with username, password and session length
435265 Posts in 37271 Topics by 9537 Members
Latest Member: Mgabski
Search: Advanced search
Advertiser Inquiries
+ My Community
|-+ Small Block Talk
| |-+ Small Block Windsors
| | |-+ 351W Small Blocks
| | | |-+ Parts needed for 351W fox body swap
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Parts needed for 351W fox body swap  (Read 92393 times)
sn95cobra
Small Block

« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2008, 11:50:54 pm »

what yeat block ezactly, some early blocks have a deck height of 9.48 and newer blocks have a deck height of 9.5
mighty mouse
"Prom King Mista Nathan Moonen"
Administrator
Big Block

I'll be the Judge of that

« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2008, 10:14:36 am »

Would I have a problem using a early 69 windsor block with a newer efi intake??

No!

1986 Mustang GT Convertible
Suspension and Differential by Team Z Motorsports
9.5 Deck Forged Stroker Shortblock by FordStrokers
Trick Flow High Ports and Super Vic EFI intake by Duane Busch

I'd rather be a fool who is loyal to his friends than a POS that jumps ship to save face. We were wrong in the end, but nobody can ever call us disloyal. I can live with that.
housegoat
4 Banger

« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2009, 02:33:07 pm »

hey guys im new to the form i got a 2002 gt with 351w
Im doing something similar, 427w in a 01 bullitt.. Have a 69 block and trying to find out which timing cover I can run adm do an electric WP..

Here's the deal. I'm the best there is, plain and simple. I mean, I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence..
eljavy
Stroked Small Block

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2010, 03:37:38 am »

i know this post is old but i have a problem with my 351w swap

i have a roller cam with the convertion to used a cam from a regular 5.0ho in my non roller block

but my 351w distributor have a cast iron gear and what i have read is that is not compatible with the roller cam because the cam is billet steel

i dont what to buy a msd distribuitor can i just get the gear from a oem ford ditribuitor and install in my distribuitor

what 351w oem distribuitors have steel gear?

looks too complicated to buy a gear from fordracing have to drill the gear take measurements here and there so looks less complicated to just remove the gear from another distribuitor 

408 stroker "o" ring 351w block,tcy damper,afm b41hr cam,TF heads ported,TF R box imtake.arp head studs,LT.BBK headers,BBK x pipe,BASSANI side exahust cat-back,roller lifters conv.,TF rockers,TF pushrods,accel 48lbs injectors,aeromotive fuel p. reg,vortech t rex external pump,255 in tank holley fuel pump,75 mm tb,75 mm egr spacer,centerforce dual friction cluch,3.73 gears,b&m shifter,vortech supercharger@??psi of boost vortech blowoff valve,snow performance water and methanol injection,afm power pipe,80mm vortech mass air,griffing aluminum radiator,anderson motorsport pms,ngk wideband a/f,full ford racing gauges oil p.,water temp.,volts,boost,fuel p.,tach
vristang
Mr. Coffee
Global Moderator
Big Block

What I look like in a tie...

« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2010, 09:23:47 am »

I believe MSD still sells just the gears...

- jason
Quote from: Albert Einstein
If we knew what we were doing, we wouldn’t call it research, would we?
Quote from: My Grandma
Find a young one, so you can raise her right.
eljavy
Stroked Small Block

« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2010, 12:33:32 pm »

thanks i just got a mallory steel dist gear  have to drill the dist shaft

408 stroker "o" ring 351w block,tcy damper,afm b41hr cam,TF heads ported,TF R box imtake.arp head studs,LT.BBK headers,BBK x pipe,BASSANI side exahust cat-back,roller lifters conv.,TF rockers,TF pushrods,accel 48lbs injectors,aeromotive fuel p. reg,vortech t rex external pump,255 in tank holley fuel pump,75 mm tb,75 mm egr spacer,centerforce dual friction cluch,3.73 gears,b&m shifter,vortech supercharger@??psi of boost vortech blowoff valve,snow performance water and methanol injection,afm power pipe,80mm vortech mass air,griffing aluminum radiator,anderson motorsport pms,ngk wideband a/f,full ford racing gauges oil p.,water temp.,volts,boost,fuel p.,tach
FASTERBACK
4 Banger

« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2010, 03:03:22 pm »

First Timer !!   Gentlemen how much of this post applies to a conversion from a 289 in a 66 fastback to a 351W. I realize this is a loaded question and not 100% in the correct section but it would be nice to know "ALL" that I'm up against. I would greatly appreciate any recommended posts from the past that would help in "ALL" areas of this modification. The car is going to need everything eventually but my way of thinking is to start with the HEARTBEAT a WOODY special 408 - 418.   Thank you all " FASTERBACK".
quickshift
Big Block

...I'm old as dirt (says Lil joe)

« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2010, 10:08:41 pm »

This was first posted almost 4yrs ago. With so much development in the 347 area, is this still a viable option or has the 347 made this post obsolete?   Wonder, Ponder  I personally would make a 347 if starting from scratch based on the unlimited amount of info provided here by some very respected individuals. However, I have a fresh .030 over 351 sitting on an engine stand less cam and lifters that could replace my mild 5.0 HO presently in my 84 Cougar, allowing that 5.0 short block to become a base for a more streetable build (my racing days are over) in my Comet which is limited to a short deck due to the shock towers.   Naughty

71 Comet, 289,351w heads,RR's,12.5 TRWs,ported torker/750DP, Liberty Top Loader (2.78), 9"/6.00s, tubbed,ladder bars,11.9xs@110 ..bla,bla,bla
84Cougar,88HO,Eddy RPM/700DP, 1.7RRs, shorty's, 8.8/4.10s,T-5/Hurst Pro Billet, K/C clutch...bla,bla,bla

Never shoot your mouth off unless your brain is loaded.   If you're not laughing...you're not living!
quickshift
Big Block

...I'm old as dirt (says Lil joe)

« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2011, 12:44:34 pm »

It looks like I have a little time available now to put towards the Comet, and as stated above I've got a number of options.

As a basic question, if you have the room for either, would you choose a stock 69 351 4bbl or a stock 5.0 HO (with a carb) as your base for a mild dependable street build?    Wonder, Ponder

71 Comet, 289,351w heads,RR's,12.5 TRWs,ported torker/750DP, Liberty Top Loader (2.78), 9"/6.00s, tubbed,ladder bars,11.9xs@110 ..bla,bla,bla
84Cougar,88HO,Eddy RPM/700DP, 1.7RRs, shorty's, 8.8/4.10s,T-5/Hurst Pro Billet, K/C clutch...bla,bla,bla

Never shoot your mouth off unless your brain is loaded.   If you're not laughing...you're not living!
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: