Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2018, 07:30:50 am

Login with username, password and session length
435155 Posts in 37248 Topics by 9534 Members
Latest Member: 88_GT
Search: Advanced search
Advertiser Inquiries
+ SBFTECH.com Experienced Small Block Ford Tech
|-+ Small Block Talk
| |-+ Small Block Windsors
| | |-+ What are the major short comings to a sumped stock gas tank on a street car?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What are the major short comings to a sumped stock gas tank on a street car?  (Read 1101 times)
juiced coupe
Six figures worth of don't give a f*ck
Global Moderator
Big Block

The land mass between New Orleans and Mobile

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2018, 05:14:53 pm »

You would use the kit for the methanol pump or regulator, depending on which one you are referring to.

I suggested the E85 hose because it holds up better to the ethanol blended gasoline made today. PTFE holds up even better, but requires specific hose ends and costs more.

I have switched all my regulator diaphragms over to GFLT versions to extend service life. As soon as I use up my current supply of carburetor accelerator pump diaphragms, I will be switching them as well (I typically replace them every year).

Doing more with less, or something like that.
http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,20009.0.html

Quote from: Monte Smith
Bottom line, if it was the hot ticket, the fast guys would do it.............they don't

You might need some Titanium rods and a flow bench!  LMAO on floor

I honestly don't get it.

I'm sweating, my heart is racing, my clutch foot is twichin', and my right arm punched the computer screen doing an involentary 2-3 shift while reading all that. 
289nate
"IL BUONO"
Global Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2018, 04:21:34 pm »

Thanks for clarifying.  You're not joking about the diaphragms on the accelerator pumps.  Couldn't figure out why my car ran like garbage one day and it turned out the accelerator pump diaphragms were hard as a rock.  Now have the light green ones.  The additional alcohol in today's fuel screws with small carbureted engines (pressure washers and generators in my experience) as well.

\'65 fastback pump gas 289, 4.56 gears, and faceplated T5.  11.123 at 122.4
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: