Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 19, 2018, 01:51:40 am

Login with username, password and session length
Team Z Motorsports
Tech Section
* SBFTECH Membership Required *
435246 Posts in 37263 Topics by 9537 Members
Latest Member: Mgabski
Search: Advanced search
Advertiser Inquiries
+ My Community
|-+ Grass Roots Tech
| |-+ Grass Roots Small Block Windsor
| | |-+ Remanufactured Tranny
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Remanufactured Tranny  (Read 684 times)
joerberg
4 Banger

« on: February 07, 2018, 03:39:20 pm »

I'm looking for a rebuilt T-5 and I'm talking to the people at Man Trans in Tallahassee, FL. They're a good size shop with 22 employees. I don't believe all reviews I read but they have some that are pretty harsh. But usually there are two sides to the story. So, I'd like to hear if anyone here has dealt with this company and what kind of experience did you have.  How about Jasper rebuilt trannys?

Joe
knucklefux
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 05:45:31 pm »

i don't care who you are, you're going to have problems or repairs that don't work out.  it's normal.

what's key is how it's dealt with.  i don't know anything about that shop, so no valuable info there.  just pay more attention to the parts about how the problems were handled IMO.

last i heard, jasper had a good reputation.  the problem you're going to find is that unless something's changed, you have to buy jasper stuff from a "dealer" who is likely going to insist that they install it in order for you to get the warranty.

i have a t5 for sale.  came out of my 95gt.  $400.  if you're near tallahassee, we could meet up to save shipping.  it worked great when i wrecked the car.

95 gt-R.I.P.
2004 cobra-needs more boost
85_GT
Big Block

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 08:03:08 am »

D & D use to be a big T5 house back in the day.  Not sure these days. Offered rebuild kits, gear sets, new transmissions.  Might want to try them.

I recall there's something like a 5/8" difference in input shaft length between the Fox and SN95 T5s you may want to pay attention too.

85GT, Dart Windsor Jr, Crane 2030 equiv. Performer 5.0, 75mm TB, 88mm Slot, 34lbs injectors, 1 5/8" shorties, 5spd converted to 4R70W with Baumann controller, 3.25 9"
A9L running A9P bin via Quarterhorse with LC-1
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: