Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 19, 2018, 11:52:37 am

Login with username, password and session length
435277 Posts in 37275 Topics by 9537 Members
Latest Member: Mgabski
Search: Advanced search
Advertiser Inquiries
+ My Community
|-+ General Tech
| |-+ Nitrous
| | |-+ Wet Nitrous Systems (Moderator: juiced coupe)
| | | |-+ Fuel system questions
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fuel system questions  (Read 4837 times)
al2
Big Block

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2018, 09:43:59 am »

Not for nitrous side . Holley 803
dads67coupe
Small Block

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2018, 10:48:10 am »

so if I use the moroso fuel log (65145) I would run -8 to regulator, and -6 from reg. to carb and n2o? do I need a -8 return or will -6 suffice? can do either, just want to buy parts once....

also with the 65145, is there a need for a separate reg. for nitrous or carb afterwards?
juiced coupe
Six figures worth of don't give a f*ck
Global Moderator
Big Block

The land mass between New Orleans and Mobile

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2018, 12:06:49 pm »

any thoughts on the mallory 29387 regulator? A buddy has one I can grab on the cheap new in box

Very good return style regulator. It is the same thing as a 4309, just a new number since Mallory got bought out.

Doing more with less, or something like that.
http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,20009.0.html

Quote from: Monte Smith
Bottom line, if it was the hot ticket, the fast guys would do it.............they don't

You might need some Titanium rods and a flow bench!  LMAO on floor

I honestly don't get it.

I'm sweating, my heart is racing, my clutch foot is twichin', and my right arm punched the computer screen doing an involentary 2-3 shift while reading all that. 
juiced coupe
Global Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2018, 12:14:50 pm »

so if I use the moroso fuel log (65145) I would run -8 to regulator, and -6 from reg. to carb and n2o? do I need a -8 return or will -6 suffice? can do either, just want to buy parts once....

also with the 65145, is there a need for a separate reg. for nitrous or carb afterwards?

Everything here applies.

You can't split the supply line on a return style fuel system and use two regulators. The whole system will default to thd lower pressure.

If you wanted separate adjustments for each with a return system, it can be done with three regulators, one bypass type and two deadhead types. You would have to run the return setup at a higher pressure and use it to supply both deadhead regulators.

---------------------------------------------

Option two would be to use one return regulator for both. While you loose some adjustability, I don't think it will be as critical on such a small shot.

Plumbing it is easy, as the regulator goes downstream of the carb and nitrous system. Everything before the regulator will be roughly the same pressure.

Or you can get a fuel log, such as the one Moroso sells. It is a return style with four outlets.

The Moroso fuel log is basically same thing as a return regulator, just with a distribution log built on to it.

Bottom line, if it was the hot ticket, the fast guys would do it.............they don't

I honestly don't get it.

I'm sweating, my heart is racing, my clutch foot is twichin', and my right arm punched the computer screen doing an involentary 2-3 shift while reading all that. 
dads67coupe
Small Block

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2018, 01:43:17 pm »

ok, so I'll get the moroso log, and run -8 for everything, including return. That should be the only reg I need as long as I stay 100 shot or less?

is there a mount for that fuel log somewhere to buy? it looks like a nice unit, just dont want it flopping around
juiced coupe
Global Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2018, 02:18:42 pm »

is there a mount for that fuel log somewhere to buy? it looks like a nice unit, just dont want it flopping around

Nothing specific.

The best way that I've seen is with the rubber insulated clamps, like you get at Lowes.

I honestly don't get it.

juiced coupe
Global Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2018, 03:59:44 pm »

That should be the only reg I need as long as I stay 100 shot or less?

At a 100 shot, I try not to get too picky.

Unless its pig rich, extremely lean, or the timing is completely wrong, it'll probably be fine. Depending on the engine, some may be a little more finicky than others.

Depending on what you run the primary pressure at, there still may be some fine tuning to be had on the nitrous side with a Holley 803 feeding from the log.

I honestly don't get it.

dads67coupe
Small Block

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2018, 04:18:21 pm »

That should be the only reg I need as long as I stay 100 shot or less?

At a 100 shot, I try not to get too picky.

Unless its pig rich, extremely lean, or the timing is completely wrong, it'll probably be fine. Depending on the engine, some may be a little more finicky than others.

Depending on what you run the primary pressure at, there still may be some fine tuning to be had on the nitrous side with a Holley 803 feeding from the log.

ok, but if I run an 803 for nitrous, do I also need one for the carb? or will the carb be fine off the primary regulator? (moroso log)

Sorry for all the questions, just want to spend my cash once and have it right. cant afford to toast my engine from the wrong parts lol
juiced coupe
Global Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2018, 04:59:28 pm »

ok, but if I run an 803 for nitrous, do I also need one for the carb? or will the carb be fine off the primary regulator? (moroso log)

Sorry for all the questions, just want to spend my cash once and have it right. cant afford to toast my engine from the wrong parts lol

Not to sound vague, but it depends.

I typically run the fuel side of my nitrous system at 5.5#. If the fuel log was set at 6.5#, you could still attach a small deadhead regulator to it and be able to adjust below that pressure. There is nothing wrong with this method, it will work and be easier on the fuel pump.

If you decided to run the log at 9 or 10# (for example), you could hook two deadhead regulators up to it and have pressure control for either at anything below that pressure. Of the two, this would be my preference. It would put a little more load on the fuel pump (but not as much as running it as a deadheaded pump, which it was designed for), but offers much more control. But it does also add another point that could fail.

Both of these methods would maintain full fuel circulation through the log. The Holley black pump has a internal regulator that limits it to 14# maximum pressure.

If you do decide to run the small Holley regulators with pump fuel, I'd probably swap out the diaphragms to the Quick Fuel version designed for alcohol.

I honestly don't get it.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: