Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 22, 2018, 05:50:23 am

Login with username, password and session length
434852 Posts in 37223 Topics by 9534 Members
Latest Member: 88_GT
Search: Advanced search
Advertiser Inquiries
+ SBFTECH.com Experienced Small Block Ford Tech
|-+ Grass Roots Tech
| |-+ Grass Roots Cylinder Heads
| | |-+ quick sanding bit question
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: quick sanding bit question  (Read 786 times)
rob342
Adv_SBFTechie
Stroked Small Block

« on: January 04, 2018, 02:29:16 pm »

so i was going to clean up a couple little flaws in the castings of my tw170's... one tiny touch-up led to another, and another, and another.. looked silly after a while so ifigured i may as well just keep going now.  what type of bit would you use to clean up these narrow channels on a 45 angle? the tiny sanding drum on the dremel is all that seems to fit in there, but only the leading edge seems to make contact. if i continue with these i'll end up using like 50 of them...which is fine if that's what needs to happen, but if there's a better was, i'm all ears.

i'm not reshaping anything, just after a smoother finish on the exhaust ports/trying to finish what i started.

* Capture.JPG (79.18 KB, 639x642 - viewed 33 times.)

white 92GT, with a black interior, pony rims, 5 speed with a 3.73 gear. came with a gear, exhaust, and a powerdyne. nice little cruiser, i didn't change much yet.

have tw170's, systemax II, 75mm accufab, anderson n41, t5z, ford racing 23lb billet flywheel, and a quarterhorse sitting here. cam may change
rob342
Adv_SBFTechie
Stroked Small Block

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 03:07:26 pm »

nevermind. tried it without having a beer first and my 1" long x 3/8" diameter cartridge rolls work great. durr

white 92GT, with a black interior, pony rims, 5 speed with a 3.73 gear. came with a gear, exhaust, and a powerdyne. nice little cruiser, i didn't change much yet.

have tw170's, systemax II, 75mm accufab, anderson n41, t5z, ford racing 23lb billet flywheel, and a quarterhorse sitting here. cam may change
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: