Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 21, 2018, 11:28:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Team Z Motorsports
Tech Section
* SBFTECH Membership Required *
434530 Posts in 37192 Topics by 9526 Members
Latest Member: notchbackjoe
Search: Advanced search
Advertiser Inquiries
+ SBFTECH.com Experienced Small Block Ford Tech
|-+ General Tech
| |-+ General Tech
| | |-+ Line Lock Questions
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Line Lock Questions  (Read 345 times)
Chickenbone
Small Block

« on: January 02, 2018, 11:15:14 am »

Hi Guys,

So I'm considering installing a line lock since the engine bay is still empty in my Crown Vic.  I downloaded the instructions for the Hurst Roll Control and the diagrams are all different from the system that my car has.  Each one of those diagrams has a pressure differential block and a separate distribution block for the front brakes.  My car just has the distribution block that has ports for each of the front brake lines and one port for the rear brakes.  I am unsure how this would work with my system.  Would I have to get a proportioning valve and run the primary front and rear lines off of that; and then either use my stock distribution block or get another distribution block exclusively for the front brake lines?  I haven't been under the car in a few months; perhaps I missed something; this is just off of memory when I rebuilt the front suspension.  Sorry for my misunderstanding or incoherent questions   
juiced coupe
Six figures worth of don't give a f*ck
Global Moderator
Big Block

The land mass between New Orleans and Mobile

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 04:44:03 pm »

As long as the car doesn't have ABS, just install the line lock downstream of the factory proportioning block. You may have to plug off one of the ports to do so. Then install both front brake lines to the line lock.

The Hurst piece has multiple outlets, so both lines can be attached directly to it. Some others have single outlets and will require a T in the line. I used a B&M with a T, because it is less bulky than the Hurst (and is generally considered to be a better valve).

If you have ABS, you will need two line locks. One on each front line, downstream of the ABS controller.

Doing more with less, or something like that.
http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,20009.0.html

Quote from: Monte Smith
Bottom line, if it was the hot ticket, the fast guys would do it.............they don't

You might need some Titanium rods and a flow bench!  LMAO on floor

I honestly don't get it.

I'm sweating, my heart is racing, my clutch foot is twichin', and my right arm punched the computer screen doing an involentary 2-3 shift while reading all that. 
Chickenbone
Small Block

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 06:34:33 pm »

Awesome!  I was thinking of doing that while at a meeting this afternoon (totally spaced out).  Now that it's confirmed that will work, I will strongly consider getting the valve and installing it.  Thanks Juiced Coupe  Smiley
sleepy86coupe
Small Block

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 01:23:54 pm »

I had the SRP line-loc kit in my 2003 GT with abs... it mounted directly to the outlet of the proportioning valve pre-ABS module, and everything worked flawlessly.
We also put a Hurst on a 98 Cobra back in the day. We were advised to install 2 of them after the ABS, but after a discussion and a few adult beverages, decided to try a single teed in right after the prop valve, and same results. ABS wasn't affected at all.
just my personal results.
juiced coupe
Six figures worth of don't give a f*ck
Global Moderator
Big Block

The land mass between New Orleans and Mobile

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 04:26:35 pm »

I had the SRP line-loc kit in my 2003 GT with abs... it mounted directly to the outlet of the proportioning valve pre-ABS module, and everything worked flawlessly.
We also put a Hurst on a 98 Cobra back in the day. We were advised to install 2 of them after the ABS, but after a discussion and a few adult beverages, decided to try a single teed in right after the prop valve, and same results. ABS wasn't affected at all.
just my personal results.

If two wheels are spinning and two aren't, the ABS should be trying to correct it. If it isn't, I'd consider it suspect.

Just saying, thats its job.

Doing more with less, or something like that.
http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,20009.0.html

Quote from: Monte Smith
Bottom line, if it was the hot ticket, the fast guys would do it.............they don't

You might need some Titanium rods and a flow bench!  LMAO on floor

I honestly don't get it.

I'm sweating, my heart is racing, my clutch foot is twichin', and my right arm punched the computer screen doing an involentary 2-3 shift while reading all that. 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: