Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 16, 2018, 10:49:42 am

Login with username, password and session length
Team Z Motorsports
Tech Section
* SBFTECH Membership Required *
435246 Posts in 37263 Topics by 9537 Members
Latest Member: Mgabski
Search: Advanced search
Advertiser Inquiries
+ My Community
|-+ Membership Tech
| |-+ Projects Under Construction
| | |-+ Well, I'm back and continuing my project 93 Mustang gt basket case
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Well, I'm back and continuing my project 93 Mustang gt basket case  (Read 2110 times)
FORD93GTFREAK
Stroked Small Block

« on: October 16, 2017, 07:58:57 pm »

Well, I'm back and working on the ole mustang again after dealing with some personal issues.

I unluckily hosted several families of mice in the ole mustang for several months and had to do a major cleaning, also had a leaking sunroof gasket and some interior parts got wet and moldy, seats ect are ok.

I thought about just throwing in the towel again....but not going to happen!!
here are some pics. I lost a lot of my older photos, however I saved them to my pc and will upload them to flicker at some point and then put them back in this thread
20170603_131509 by , on Flickr
20170603_131455 by , on Flickr
20170603_131515 by , on Flickr

Now I don't have any interior in the mustang at all except for the dash. I plan on uploading a pic of that too. I'm not sure if I'm gonna put that interior back it...
juiced coupe
Six figures worth of don't give a f*ck
Global Moderator
Big Block

The land mass between New Orleans and Mobile

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 02:05:50 am »

Looks like a good excuse to remove some weight.

Doing more with less, or something like that.
http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,20009.0.html

Quote from: Monte Smith
Bottom line, if it was the hot ticket, the fast guys would do it.............they don't

You might need some Titanium rods and a flow bench!  LMAO on floor

I honestly don't get it.

I'm sweating, my heart is racing, my clutch foot is twichin', and my right arm punched the computer screen doing an involentary 2-3 shift while reading all that. 
I.C.E
Big Block

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 06:01:13 pm »

So once the rats are evicted, what's the master plan for this rig?

I.C.E - I.nternal C.ombustion E.ngine

1995 GT    ... work in progress ...
| Factory 302 SB | 195 Canfields | RPM2 Intake | CI Cam | Probe Shafts 1.6 | 80mm PMAS | 39# Inj | Tweecer R/T | Mac LTs 1 3/4 | Pro chamber 3" | Mac Cat-back 3" |
FORD93GTFREAK
Stroked Small Block

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 06:24:45 pm »

Looks like a good excuse to remove some weight.

juiced, I know what your saying and I plan on doing just that.
FORD93GTFREAK
Stroked Small Block

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2017, 07:04:49 pm »

I.C.E, I think I have a plan of some sorts but it kinda like this at the moment.

Wing it! as I go along, because I really need to take my time and figure out what I'm going to do with it. The Mustang at this point is a blank canvas so to speak.

I can say that I really don't want a drag racer at my age, not saying I'm too old at this point in life, however I do like the look of the Road racing Fox and my sisters 2016 Lamborghini Aventador, but the Lambo is nothing I can afford, besides that Lambo is really tight to get into...the Mustang is much easier for me.

Thanks for asking
I.C.E
Big Block

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 12:16:52 pm »

I.C.E, I think I have a plan of some sorts but it kinda like this at the moment.

Wing it! as I go along, because I really need to take my time and figure out what I'm going to do with it. The Mustang at this point is a blank canvas so to speak.

I can say that I really don't want a drag racer at my age, not saying I'm too old at this point in life, however I do like the look of the Road racing Fox and my sisters 2016 Lamborghini Aventador, but the Lambo is nothing I can afford, besides that Lambo is really tight to get into...the Mustang is much easier for me.

Thanks for asking

Sounds like fun.

Probably the easiest way to help you pick a direction is to determine the main use of the car. I decided I want a street car that can run the 12 sec index, so I'm picking components that work for that use and will put me in the 12s. Personally, I want to keep mine simple and reliable, so I'm not gonna get into any exotic parts. Keep it simple, keep it fun.

I.C.E - I.nternal C.ombustion E.ngine

1995 GT    ... work in progress ...
| Factory 302 SB | 195 Canfields | RPM2 Intake | CI Cam | Probe Shafts 1.6 | 80mm PMAS | 39# Inj | Tweecer R/T | Mac LTs 1 3/4 | Pro chamber 3" | Mac Cat-back 3" |
FORD93GTFREAK
Stroked Small Block

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2017, 06:29:44 pm »

Thanks for asking

Sounds like fun.

Probably the easiest way to help you pick a direction is to determine the main use of the car. I decided I want a street car that can run the 12 sec index, so I'm picking components that work for that use and will put me in the 12s. Personally, I want to keep mine simple and reliable, so I'm not gonna get into any exotic parts. Keep it simple, keep it fun.
thanks for your input. I appreciate it!
I do know the Mustang will be simple and hopefully reliable in the future once I get to the point where I can drive it.
 I have removed all the EFI stuff a while back because of shotty roadkill wiring and a ECM that was so damaged by corrosion, it was the best choice for me and this Mustang.
I will post some before pics when I got the car, some during pulling all the wiring and crap out, some of the shotty roadkill wiring, some of what it looks like at the present time.
FORD93GTFREAK
Stroked Small Block

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2017, 07:26:53 pm »

some pics that I posted a while ago here, however my photo bucket account went down
These pics are not in order just kinda random they are, but you can get the just of what I'm dealing with
Ford Mustang Engine3 by , on Flickr
20160113_110115 by , on Flickr
20160116_120806_zpskdmhwisl by , on Flickr
20160116_121400 by , on Flickr
20160221_171538 by , on Flickr
20160118_143433_001 by , on Flickr
20160228_144258 by , on Flickr
20160222_191259 by , on Flickr
20160221_171819 by , on Flickr
20160227_113147 by , on Flickr
20160227_113441 by , on Flickr
20160311_192010 by , on Flickr
20160305_103749 by , on Flickr
20160403_131536 by , on Flickr
20160116_122555_zps9hcwv9az by , on Flickr
20160116_121518 by , on Flickr
20160116_115716 by , on Flickr
20160227_104344 by , on Flickr
20160228_145206 by , on Flickr
20160323_090012 by , on Flickr
20160323_090522 by , on Flickr

My sisters car. I know it isn't a Mustang but it's FAST!!
Screenshot_2016-02-11-11-00-03 by , on Flickr
Screenshot_2016-02-11-11-01-49 by , on Flickr
FORD93GTFREAK
Stroked Small Block

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2018, 06:28:23 pm »

Well, I wanted to update this thread.

I have recently pulled the timing cover to install a new gaskets ect. I also wanted to pull the camshaft to see what I really had. I was told the X303 cam was installed, however I found out that it was the F303 cam.

I feel like the installed cam is probably a much better cam for this slightly modded engine, however I'm not a professional and don't claim to be one. I did have a crank gear that had the BTDC & ATDC indentions on it so when I reinstalled that gear I put it at 4* BTDC. I put it all back together last week and fired it up for the first time a few days ago. The engine ran and sounded much better than I remembered..maybe it's just been a while since I heard it run, so maybe it sounds the same....

I ordered a electric fan relay kit with a intake water temp sensor that installed in the intake but I had to install it into the water neck. I did get that kit temporary wired and it has been working as it should...fan on at 185* fan off at 175* I may install an override switch but not sure at this point.

I did a while back install a Carter P4070 inline gravity feed pump, in place of the stock intank pump that was going out. I think I may have an issue with the gravity feed pump now. The pump is losing pressure over a period of time maybe 15m of idling I can see the PSI on the go from around 5 to 2.5 so I either have a suction issue, filter issue,  pump diaphragm issue, voltage drop issue, ground issue  or all the above. I was going to go with a sumped tank at some point and maybe it's time to do so.

Well, I think I have rambled on enough now and will update this thread again soon.

now time to go read what others on here are doing

juiced coupe
Six figures worth of don't give a f*ck
Global Moderator
Big Block

The land mass between New Orleans and Mobile

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2018, 10:26:27 pm »

I did a while back install a Carter P4070 inline gravity feed pump, in place of the stock intank pump that was going out. I think I may have an issue with the gravity feed pump now. The pump is losing pressure over a period of time maybe 15m of idling I can see the PSI on the go from around 5 to 2.5 so I either have a suction issue, filter issue,  pump diaphragm issue, voltage drop issue, ground issue  or all the above. I was going to go with a sumped tank at some point and maybe it's time to do so.

If you are still using this arrangement, it may be the source of your problem.

Out of curiosity, how did you connect it to the factory efi tank?I removed the old electric in intank fuel pump and installed a rubber fuel line in it's place. It is just temporary for now but it is working

Most cheaper rubber fuel hoses will not withstand being submerged in modern reformulated gasoline. Even when used correctly, modern gasoline will degrade common rubber hose. I've seen some of it turned into a gooey mess.

There are some hoses that are rated for use with gasoline with ethanol in it. I'd still replace the pickup tube with a metal one, and use the correct hose to make the junction between two tubes.

If possible, I'd limit the use of the hose as much as possible. I'd use tubing to make the runs and short pieces of hose to make connections.

If you have a filter on the suction of the pump, I wouldn't use a very restrictive filter. I'd use a 85-100 micron screen type filter. The purpose of that filter is to protect the pump from debris that could damage it. You want to limit restrictions on the suction side of the pump

If you want, a finer grade element can be used downstream of the pump.

Doing more with less, or something like that.
http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,20009.0.html

Quote from: Monte Smith
Bottom line, if it was the hot ticket, the fast guys would do it.............they don't

You might need some Titanium rods and a flow bench!  LMAO on floor

I honestly don't get it.

I'm sweating, my heart is racing, my clutch foot is twichin', and my right arm punched the computer screen doing an involentary 2-3 shift while reading all that. 
FORD93GTFREAK
Stroked Small Block

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2018, 05:51:39 pm »

If you are still using this arrangement, it may be the source of your problem.I think I will check into it further this weekend and see what's going on

Out of curiosity, how did you connect it to the factory efi tank?I removed the old electric in intank fuel pump and installed a rubber fuel line in it's place. It is just temporary for now but it is working

Most cheaper rubber fuel hoses will not withstand being submerged in modern reformulated gasoline. Even when used correctly, modern gasoline will degrade common rubber hose. I've seen some of it turned into a gooey mess. I really didn't think about that on, however with all the shit stuff is made from these days it makes sense.

There are some hoses that are rated for use with gasoline with ethanol in it. I'd still replace the pickup tube with a metal one, and use the correct hose to make the junction between two tubes. I think I will do just that. I do have some metal fuel line that I removed from an old carburetor to use in place of that rubber tube.

If possible, I'd limit the use of the hose as much as possible. I'd use tubing to make the runs and short pieces of hose to make connections.I did use the existing supply and return lines to plumb the external fuel pump into. I with ya on that.

If you have a filter on the suction of the pump, I wouldn't use a very restrictive filter. I'd use a 85-100 micron screen type filter. The purpose of that filter is to protect the pump from debris that could damage it. You want to limit restrictions on the suction side of the pumpI do have a filter before that pump, however it is the paper encased within the plastic barrel. I'm a bit old school and used that one, however it may not be what I needed to use or stopped up some from debris

If you want, a finer grade element can be used downstream of the pump.I will check into that one as well.

thanks for all your input. I appreciate it!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: