Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 16, 2018, 10:48:08 am

Login with username, password and session length
435246 Posts in 37263 Topics by 9537 Members
Latest Member: Mgabski
Search: Advanced search
Advertiser Inquiries
+ My Community
|-+ Membership Tech
| |-+ Projects Under Construction
| | |-+ My 93 fox project that I have decided to continue working on...
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My 93 fox project that I have decided to continue working on...  (Read 8185 times)
FORD93GTFREAK
Stroked Small Block

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2017, 06:32:25 pm »

1- No, they use a triangulated four link system.ok, so I guess they were removed to ...

2- Yes, 8.8.Well, I thought I had something special LOL

3- It looks quite possible. Is it wet, or just a oil stain. Considering the amount of sitting up that the car has seen, I wouldn't doubt some seeping. It may or may not seal back with a little driving.
I will investigate that area further

4- Common box style lowers and tubular uppers, most likely with poly bushings. A decent improvement over stock but not serious race quality.Well, that's good to know

The front is a tubular K member, A arms, and coilover kit. I don't recognize the brand from the limited pics, but a definite improvement. Short of serious road racing, I'd use that setup for just about anything else.ok, that's good to know, I see some sort of adjustment at the top of the shock. I would like to know is that adjustment for soft or firm?

5- Stick with the electric. Other than the noise, it holds every advantage over a mechanical. Ok, well I have read somewhere that the mechanical pump was better that the electric one, however maybe that is a matter of opinion

Out of curiosity, how did you connect it to the factory efi tank?I removed the old electric in intank fuel pump and installed a rubber fuel line in it's place. It is just temporary for now but it is working

6- Those look like Proform rockers, ratio unknown. There may be a part number on the underside.I believe I remember the rockers had 1.6 on each of them.

I also see what looks to be stock valve springs and retainers/rotators. That makes the likelihood of you actually having a X-303 cam pretty slim. The springs would be in coil bind at full lift, causing other issues. I have been told that before and I agree with what your saying and understand the coil binding issue. I can say that when I drive it she has plenty of torque but I can feel and hear when I'm about at maximum rpms for the setup and will have to do something else, but she pulls strong
FORD93GTFREAK
Stroked Small Block

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2017, 06:54:08 pm »

The brackets on top of the axle at the ends are for the factory 'quad shocks'. It's like a shock absorber that mounts horizontally. There should be mounting points on the chassis behind the axle. A lot of people remove them to make room for larger tires. They are supposed to control axle wrap-up/wheel hop.
O ok I get it now! I do have 50s on the rear with traction bars. I suppose they had to install the traction bars when those shocks were removed?

I have a question: what makes this car really hook up? I mean when I start out from a dead stop she really hooks up. I noticed a while back the engine was moved back towards the firewall, maybe that helps with the hookup...
juiced coupe
Six figures worth of don't give a f*ck
Global Moderator
Big Block

The land mass between New Orleans and Mobile

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2017, 07:33:58 pm »

I have a question: what makes this car really hook up? I mean when I start out from a dead stop she really hooks up. I noticed a while back the engine was moved back towards the firewall, maybe that helps with the hookup...

Between the suspension modifications and the setback engine, thats all most cars need. I've hooked up more powerful cars than yours with less suspension.

Doing more with less, or something like that.
http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,20009.0.html

Quote from: Monte Smith
Bottom line, if it was the hot ticket, the fast guys would do it.............they don't

You might need some Titanium rods and a flow bench!  LMAO on floor

I honestly don't get it.

I'm sweating, my heart is racing, my clutch foot is twichin', and my right arm punched the computer screen doing an involentary 2-3 shift while reading all that. 
FORD93GTFREAK
Stroked Small Block

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2017, 07:36:24 pm »

Between the suspension modifications and the setback engine, thats all most cars need. I've hooked up more powerful cars than yours with less suspension.

WOW! cool... I'm wondering now how many HP at the rear wheels...maybe 250...just guessing here
juiced coupe
Global Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2017, 07:39:33 pm »

WOW! cool... I'm wondering now how many HP at the rear wheels...maybe 250...just guessing here

That doesn't sound unreasonable.

About the struts. Its quite possible that they are adjustable. Some designs use a knob while others used an adjustment at the shaft.

Bottom line, if it was the hot ticket, the fast guys would do it.............they don't

I honestly don't get it.

I'm sweating, my heart is racing, my clutch foot is twichin', and my right arm punched the computer screen doing an involentary 2-3 shift while reading all that. 
FORD93GTFREAK
Stroked Small Block

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2017, 05:34:06 pm »

Well, I took out the car for another test drive this afternoon, after I did some work on the carburetor. I finally got into the engine for the first time and started smelling burning engine oil, so I pulled over. I popped the hood to see what was going on and apparently the rear intake oil leak got much worse and now I developed a oil leak around the distributor shaft at the engine block. I pulled the distributor and looked at the O-ring and didn't see any issues with it.

I also pulled my carb and intake off and it looks like I may have had a seeping rear water jacket(because of the blocked off water jacket rear passages on the RPM intake) into the lifter valley...well now that I have all this shit back off maybe it's time to consider just pulling the engine and doing that 351w or something else. I just feel like not really knowing what has been done to this engine and what I need to do to get it where I can trust driving it. I may need to look at other options...

juiced coupe
Global Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2017, 07:28:42 pm »

I also pulled my carb and intake off and it looks like I may have had a seeping rear water jacket(because of the blocked off water jacket rear passages on the RPM intake) into the lifter valley...

Your leak has absolutely nothing to do with the lack of a rear crossover. The intake simply wasn't properly sealed to begin with.

Due to the coolant flow path in a SBF, a rear coolant crossover offers no cooling advantages. The only real use that it could have was a rear port to connect the heater hose, but it would operate at a lower temperature.

I honestly don't get it.

GregG
2stroke

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2017, 07:42:35 pm »

Clean all that junk off and use The Right Stuff to get a proper intake seal
juiced coupe
Global Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2017, 07:53:34 pm »

Clean all that junk off and use The Right Stuff to get a proper intake seal

While I don't disagree in that the stuff is awesome, I try to avoid it. Its a bitch when you have to remove the intake. I use Ultra Black and never have any issues. But when done properly, I've used other products without leaks too.

I honestly don't get it.

FORD93GTFREAK
Stroked Small Block

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2017, 07:58:02 pm »

Yep! I agree with the junk sealant, however there are so many on the market to choose from.

What is preferred?
RunninHorse
Big Block

Órale!

« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2017, 12:32:39 am »

+1 for ultra black rtv.  A fat bead of that hasn't let me down yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Rob.  Working on my '93 Reef Blue coupe.  Stock internal 302, 80 MAF, 75 TB, Victor 5.0, High Ports, 30# inj., B303, 1.6s, Tremec TKO 3550, Quicktime bell, Fidanza Al flywheel, stage 3 ceramic clutch, & 4.10s.  12.68 @ 111.69
'66 F100 shortbed, 352ci, 3 on the tree - on hold
'65 Coupe rolling chassis - on hold
Parts I'm selling: 
Hardened Push Rods - Trick Flow 6.2" .080 - $60
Misc. Fox Body Interior Pieces
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: