Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 22, 2018, 01:04:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Director PLEASE!!!!
Add your location information to your personal profile. Thanx!
434532 Posts in 37192 Topics by 9527 Members
Latest Member: notchbackjoe
Search: Advanced search
Advertiser Inquiries
+ SBFTECH.com Experienced Small Block Ford Tech
|-+ Membership Tech
| |-+ Projects Under Construction
| | |-+ My 93 fox project that I have decided to continue working on...
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: My 93 fox project that I have decided to continue working on...  (Read 5596 times)
FORD93GTFREAK
Stroked Small Block

« on: February 03, 2017, 08:01:21 pm »

My 93 fox project that I have decided to continue working on after much thought and soul searching. I'm back in to making this my own and the way I want it.

I hope ya'll will bare with me as I move forward with this project as my time permits me to and I may want something to look out of the ordinary but that's just me Grin

I will have plenty of questions to ask as I go along and I appreciate any help, advice and shit even a laugh or two...

I don't really like the wheels. It has skinnys on front and 50s on the rear and I'm not sure about those rims
  just not my style...I want to change the color too at some point, but now I just want be able to temporarily drive it.
I also will remove the old ac compressor once I figure out what size belt I need to replace the old one with
I will post more pics soon  

juiced coupe
Six figures worth of don't give a f*ck
Global Moderator
Big Block

The land mass between New Orleans and Mobile

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 08:47:06 pm »

Other than you having the dash out, it looks pretty decent overall. And it has the desirable black interior too. I don't see what your friends are talking about, I'd drive it.

I'd change to a cotton (K&N type) or paper element air filter. The foam in those will fall apart and suck into the carb. I've seen it happen, it ain't pretty.

There are a few different A/C delete kits available, based on your budget and style.

Doing more with less, or something like that.
http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,20009.0.html

Quote from: Monte Smith
Bottom line, if it was the hot ticket, the fast guys would do it.............they don't

You might need some Titanium rods and a flow bench!  LMAO on floor

I honestly don't get it.

I'm sweating, my heart is racing, my clutch foot is twichin', and my right arm punched the computer screen doing an involentary 2-3 shift while reading all that. 
FORD93GTFREAK
Stroked Small Block

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 08:57:11 pm »

Other than you having the dash out, it looks pretty decent overall. And it has the desirable black interior too. I don't see what your friends are talking about, I'd drive it.

I'd change to a cotton (K&N type) or paper element air filter. The foam in those will fall apart and suck into the carb. I've seen it happen, it ain't pretty.

There are a few different A/C delete kits available, based on your budget and style.

yep the dash...I do have the housing that goes around where the cluster used to go, now I will make something to go in it's place Grin. The car is pretty decent I think but. it is what it is, for now.The black interior I like, however I'm gonna tweak it some because of age.

I appreciate the heads up on the ac delete kits. I will check into it. I think there are several aftermarket brackets already on the engine and not sure why they were added? 
FORD93GTFREAK
Stroked Small Block

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 09:00:44 pm »

I saved this pic from some research a while back

can I just use a 73" belt and no delete kit?
juiced coupe
Global Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 09:07:15 pm »

I've tried a few different ways, none of them quite fit.

Trick Flow and Jegs sell a basic delete kit for $35 that greatly simplifies things.

Bottom line, if it was the hot ticket, the fast guys would do it.............they don't

I honestly don't get it.

I'm sweating, my heart is racing, my clutch foot is twichin', and my right arm punched the computer screen doing an involentary 2-3 shift while reading all that. 
FORD93GTFREAK
Stroked Small Block

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2017, 09:14:26 pm »

I gotcha! I'll check into that, thanks!
FORD93GTFREAK
Stroked Small Block

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2017, 04:22:39 pm »

Well, I got the aftermarket universal blinkers, low beam headlights, brake lights wired and a new battery installed. I haven't really ran all the wires nice and tight at the moment, however I will when I get more time to cut to length and wrap and secure in place.

I'm starting to enjoy working on her again Grin

RunninHorse
Big Block

Órale!

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2017, 08:05:22 pm »

That's a nice GT and a great start.  Keep us updated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Rob.  Working on my '93 Reef Blue coupe.  Stock internal 302, 80 MAF, 75 TB, Victor 5.0, High Ports, 30# inj., B303, 1.6s, Tremec TKO 3550, Quicktime bell, Fidanza Al flywheel, stage 3 ceramic clutch, & 4.10s.  12.68 @ 111.69
'66 F100 shortbed, 352ci, 3 on the tree - on hold
'65 Coupe rolling chassis - on hold
Parts I'm selling: 
Hardened Push Rods - Trick Flow 6.2" .080 - $60
Misc. Fox Body Interior Pieces
///M302
4 Banger

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2017, 11:42:49 pm »

Is that a aftermarket underdrive water pump pulley? I had a hard time trying to find a belt since my engine came with aftermarket crank and water pump pulley. I had to measure and  make several runs to autozone. Eventually I ordered a belt that was stupid difficult to put on.
FORD93GTFREAK
Stroked Small Block

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2017, 06:27:34 pm »

That's a nice GT and a great start.  Keep us updated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks! I appreciate it! I hope she will turn out to be the diamond in the rough
FORD93GTFREAK
Stroked Small Block

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2017, 06:36:30 pm »

Is that a aftermarket underdrive water pump pulley? I had a hard time trying to find a belt since my engine came with aftermarket crank and water pump pulley. I had to measure and  make several runs to autozone. Eventually I ordered a belt that was stupid difficult to put on.
I think that is a aftermarket pulley? it was on the mustang when I got it. I'm glad you got the correct size belt that you needed Thumb up

Now that you mentioned that pulley, there is a lot of aftermarket parts on this mustang that I need to take pics of and post up, so I can get answers on what is what.
FORD93GTFREAK
Stroked Small Block

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2017, 07:20:33 pm »

Just a few things I really don't care for and will at some point change

1. The "Big Ass" HEI dizzy I purchased
2. The Carburetor breather
3. The look of the plain tall rocker covers
4. The electric radiator fan
5. The wheels, skinny on the front and 50's on the rear. I like the same size wheels all the way around.
6. The Plastic ground effects. I'm not sure if I will do anything about that...
7. ugly engine bay
8. Exhaust termination turned down just behind the mufflers.
9. TBD
10. TBD
FORD93GTFREAK
Stroked Small Block

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2017, 08:25:51 pm »

Okay, I need some help with a few questions about this rear end and a few other other aftermarket parts,

1. Is there some sort of upper link missing above the axle shaft, from the left and right ends?
2. Is this the original stock rear end?
3. Does it look like I have a pinion seal leaking?

any additional info on on what is in the picture will be helpful
thanks!

pics front suspension part, good or bad parts?

pic of the aftermarket external fuel pump I installed, good for this application or should I go with a mechanical setup?, which I feel is a better way to go IMO.

pics of rockers...not sure of the brand? they are on stock heads, so I have been told?

juiced coupe
Global Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2017, 09:54:26 pm »

1- No, they use a triangulated four link system.

2- Yes, 8.8.

3- It looks quite possible. Is it wet, or just a oil stain. Considering the amount of sitting up that the car has seen, I wouldn't doubt some seeping. It may or may not seal back with a little driving.

4- Common box style lowers and tubular uppers, most likely with poly bushings. A decent improvement over stock but not serious race quality.

The front is a tubular K member, A arms, and coilover kit. I don't recognize the brand from the limited pics, but a definite improvement. Short of serious road racing, I'd use that setup for just about anything else.

5- Stick with the electric. Other than the noise, it holds every advantage over a mechanical.

Out of curiosity, how did you connect it to the factory efi tank?

6- Those look like Proform rockers, ratio unknown. There may be a part number on the underside.

I also see what looks to be stock valve springs and retainers/rotators. That makes the likelihood of you actually having a X-303 cam pretty slim. The springs would be in coil bind at full lift, causing other issues.

I honestly don't get it.

gmatt9858
Big Block

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2017, 06:22:24 am »

The brackets on top of the axle at the ends are for the factory 'quad shocks'. It's like a shock absorber that mounts horizontally. There should be mounting points on the chassis behind the axle. A lot of people remove them to make room for larger tires. They are supposed to control axle wrap-up/wheel hop.

* quadshock.jpg (380.49 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 66 times.)
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: