Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 10, 2018, 12:35:53 am

Login with username, password and session length
Team Z Motorsports
Tech Section
* SBFTECH Membership Required *
435277 Posts in 37275 Topics by 9537 Members
Latest Member: Mgabski
Search: Advanced search
Advertiser Inquiries
+ My Community
|-+ Small Block Talk
| |-+ Small Block Windsors
| | |-+ 351W Small Blocks
| | | |-+ Upgrades for Ford Racing 351?
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Upgrades for Ford Racing 351?  (Read 14931 times)
Blake
2stroke

« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2016, 04:27:57 pm »

Jeez, I didn't mean to stir up a shit storm on my first thread.... But it has been entertaining nonetheless.

The Holley 750 is one of kenny bumberra's custom jobs, and it should be able to handle whatever we do to that motor. So I'll probably at least give it a try after heads, intake, and a cam.

I'm kinda leaning towards afr heads, matched victor jr, and a cam. Any suggestions on a particular cam?

I'll chassis dyno it before and after and get the results.
Camshaft depends on many factors such as transmission type(auto or manual), torque converter stall speed, idle quality and etc.

It's a manual, which is why we aren't messing with forced induction.
garsten
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2016, 06:10:33 pm »

The Holley 750 is one of kenny bumberra's custom jobs, and it should be able to handle whatever we do to that motor. So I'll probably at least give it a try after heads, intake, and a cam.

are you in texas somewhere?  cuz my guess is kenny's in Katy TX?  when you got a minute, please add your location to your profile, if you don't mind.

cheers, claude

81 fairmont, 347, MS3X ECU, Accufab 4-barrel TB, mass-flo efi intake, canfield 195's, CI cam, 42# injectors, powerglide, REF headers, 3 1/2" exhaust, 4.10 gears.
z-adamson
#1 fucktard
Big Block

« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2016, 04:23:45 pm »

Here's all that needs to be said:  summit racing won't do business with the guy any more.  It cost them too much money. 

That problem was handled years ago and yes they will sell to me. A guy in their returns department felt that I was trying to "hide" the fact that I had installed parts then tried to return them claiming that I never installed them. He thought I was trying to decieve them. I was then put on their blacklist. I got this misunderstanding taken care of a LONG time ago.
z-adamson
#1 fucktard
Big Block

« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2016, 04:54:41 pm »

You talk about rationalization to me?  You don't know what I've done or what I've done it with.

I know what you've done, what it was done with, and what it cost you.  (Well, what you claim.  You're probably full of shit on all of it) Then I've watched you rationalize the ever living shit out of it. 

You're an idiot.  You think you can be right about things that you know nothing about because you cling to minor technicalities that occur during normal discourse on forums.

I haven't (yet) owned a pair of 225 high ports.  I haven't needed to.  I do, however, own a pair of heads that run offset valves...and I run stud rockers with no issues.  Getting them set up WAS a PITA (had to use adjustable guideplates), but they work fine.  Shaft rockers aren't needed even if they would have been better.

I'm currently running bigger heads on a 302 than have been recommended by anyone other than me for this guy's 351.

My suggestion is that you take your (claimed) $10k 347 that does what a warmed over 302 will do and shove it up your ass.  You are not wanted here, nobody likes you, and your particular brand of stupid doesn't do any of us any good unless the pure comedy of it helps us feel better about ourselves.  I'm sure there's a place for you somewhere on the internet, but this ain't it.

How was that, JC?

Yes, I want to talk rationalization.

Yes, you know what I have done. I have talked about it and posted pics. I did rationalize it.

You in this thread, the way you talked, was no minor technicality.

I know you have not used the 225 high ports. THAT is obvious to anyone reading this thread.

Thanks for pointing out how big your heads are on your 302.

That 347 boss block in my van is nearing 100,000miles and is still running like a champ. If you know of a 302 that will make that much power RIGHT off of idle then let me know. I would like to see it.

Do you really need JC's approval? Thats funny!
juiced coupe
Six figures worth of don't give a f*ck
Global Moderator
Big Block

The land mass between New Orleans and Mobile

« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2016, 06:55:44 pm »

* Facepalm.jpg (57.78 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 441 times.)

Doing more with less, or something like that.
http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,20009.0.html

Quote from: Monte Smith
Bottom line, if it was the hot ticket, the fast guys would do it.............they don't

You might need some Titanium rods and a flow bench!  LMAO on floor

I honestly don't get it.

I'm sweating, my heart is racing, my clutch foot is twichin', and my right arm punched the computer screen doing an involentary 2-3 shift while reading all that. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: