Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 21, 2018, 03:11:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length
TRADER Feedback System
IS NOW AVAILABLE
* SBFTECH Membership Required *
435247 Posts in 37263 Topics by 9537 Members
Latest Member: Mgabski
Search: Advanced search
Advertiser Inquiries
+ My Community
|-+ Small Block Talk
| |-+ Small Block Windsors
| | |-+ 351W Small Blocks
| | | |-+ Upgrades for Ford Racing 351?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Upgrades for Ford Racing 351?  (Read 12709 times)
knucklefux
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2016, 09:01:55 pm »

True.  My thinking here wouldn't be ideal initially.

My preference is to plan for the future.  That 450ish hp motor would be cool for a while...but when rebuild time comes, I'd go 408.  That's when those heads start to make sense.

But hey, different strokes yeah?

The cheapest way to get another 100hp is nitrous, but it's not the route I'd take.

95 gt-R.I.P.
2004 cobra-needs more boost
Blake
2stroke

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2016, 09:22:43 pm »

Well the game plan for this 2 bolt block will end with these mods. If we ever wanna upgrade to a stroker then we'll most likely get a dedicated block for a 427, and sell this entire motor. I'd like to do that now, but I'd rather save some budget for other things.
Outlaw Bill
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2016, 10:02:41 pm »

Well the game plan for this 2 bolt block will end with these mods. If we ever wanna upgrade to a stroker then we'll most likely get a dedicated block for a 427, and sell this entire motor. I'd like to do that now, but I'd rather save some budget for other things.
Well you can pick up 50hp with the heads you have or spend money on aftermarket heads and etc to pick up 100hp. Its up to you how much you want to spend on this engine.

www.TeamZmotorsports.net

TeamZmotorsports 25.2 outlaw drag radial stock suspension 1991 Mustang
Thank You to the following for their help
TeamZmotorsports
Marcella Manifolds
Schoneck Composite
Ultimate Converter Concepts

"Stupid is as stupid does", "You can't fix stupid"
"Common sense is not common"
z-adamson
#1 fucktard
Big Block

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2016, 10:21:22 am »

True.  My thinking here wouldn't be ideal initially.

My preference is to plan for the future.  That 450ish hp motor would be cool for a while...but when rebuild time comes, I'd go 408.  That's when those heads start to make sense.

But hey, different strokes yeah?

You didnt read the OP's post, you have never worked with the head you suggest, you don't really even know what you are talking about then you rationalize with THIS.

The great "knucklefux" ladies and gentleman....

juiced coupe
Six figures worth of don't give a f*ck
Global Moderator
Big Block

The land mass between New Orleans and Mobile

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2016, 11:03:37 am »

The great "knucklefux" ladies and gentleman....

Yeah, thats going to go over well.

Doing more with less, or something like that.
http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,20009.0.html

Quote from: Monte Smith
Bottom line, if it was the hot ticket, the fast guys would do it.............they don't

You might need some Titanium rods and a flow bench!  LMAO on floor

I honestly don't get it.

I'm sweating, my heart is racing, my clutch foot is twichin', and my right arm punched the computer screen doing an involentary 2-3 shift while reading all that. 
knucklefux
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2016, 10:13:41 pm »

You talk about rationalization to me?  You don't know what I've done or what I've done it with.

I know what you've done, what it was done with, and what it cost you.  (Well, what you claim.  You're probably full of shit on all of it) Then I've watched you rationalize the ever living shit out of it. 

You're an idiot.  You think you can be right about things that you know nothing about because you cling to minor technicalities that occur during normal discourse on forums.

I haven't (yet) owned a pair of 225 high ports.  I haven't needed to.  I do, however, own a pair of heads that run offset valves...and I run stud rockers with no issues.  Getting them set up WAS a PITA (had to use adjustable guideplates), but they work fine.  Shaft rockers aren't needed even if they would have been better.

I'm currently running bigger heads on a 302 than have been recommended by anyone other than me for this guy's 351.

My suggestion is that you take your (claimed) $10k 347 that does what a warmed over 302 will do and shove it up your ass.  You are not wanted here, nobody likes you, and your particular brand of stupid doesn't do any of us any good unless the pure comedy of it helps us feel better about ourselves.  I'm sure there's a place for you somewhere on the internet, but this ain't it.

How was that, JC?

95 gt-R.I.P.
juiced coupe
Global Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2016, 10:29:34 pm »

How was that, JC?

Looked pretty damn good to me. Excellent wording, and I really got a feel for what you were trying to convey.

All things considered, you were way nicer than I would be. My head would have exploded if that had been aimed at me.

Having said that, I have no doubt that he won't get it and will be back to infest our lives with his "intelligence".

Bottom line, if it was the hot ticket, the fast guys would do it.............they don't

I honestly don't get it.

I'm sweating, my heart is racing, my clutch foot is twichin', and my right arm punched the computer screen doing an involentary 2-3 shift while reading all that. 
knucklefux
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2016, 10:39:46 pm »

See...the thing with dealing with idiots is that first they drag you down to their level, then they beat you with experience.  I prefer to keep things above his head  Grin

Here's all that needs to be said:  summit racing won't do business with the guy any more.  It cost them too much money.  Conversely, when I have an issue with something that I buy from summit or jegs, they generally fall down all over themselves to make it right.

That should tell you just about everything you need to know.

95 gt-R.I.P.
juiced coupe
Global Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2016, 10:44:56 pm »

Its funny that you mention that. When people PM me asking about our resident idiot, that is what I tell them about. Gets the point across every time.

I honestly don't get it.

knucklefux
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2016, 10:59:32 pm »

Spt at PC

95 gt-R.I.P.
Blake
2stroke

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2016, 11:51:47 pm »

Jeez, I didn't mean to stir up a shit storm on my first thread.... But it has been entertaining nonetheless.

The Holley 750 is one of kenny bumberra's custom jobs, and it should be able to handle whatever we do to that motor. So I'll probably at least give it a try after heads, intake, and a cam.

I'm kinda leaning towards afr heads, matched victor jr, and a cam. Any suggestions on a particular cam?

I'll chassis dyno it before and after and get the results.
knucklefux
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2016, 08:04:40 am »

It's not you, man.  The village idiot is off his meds again.

95 gt-R.I.P.
knucklefux
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2016, 11:21:29 am »

A lot of people use bullet to spec the cam.  Another option is to get the whole top end from fordstrokers...woody can get a cam ground for you that should suit your application .

95 gt-R.I.P.
FordRacing250
Big Block

« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2016, 02:20:07 pm »

I seen something about head specific pistons...
From my point of view and experience, yes they would need to be head specific.
Valve location for stock inline heads, vs Victor Jr, vs AFR, vs High ports all have different valve locations. It may or may not be an issue for most using smaller cams and such, but once you get to situations where valve reliefs need to be 100% correct you can have P to V issues. just my .02 cents.

RaceTec Pistons
tim@racetecpistons.com
Outlaw Bill
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2016, 03:28:38 pm »

Jeez, I didn't mean to stir up a shit storm on my first thread.... But it has been entertaining nonetheless.

The Holley 750 is one of kenny bumberra's custom jobs, and it should be able to handle whatever we do to that motor. So I'll probably at least give it a try after heads, intake, and a cam.

I'm kinda leaning towards afr heads, matched victor jr, and a cam. Any suggestions on a particular cam?

I'll chassis dyno it before and after and get the results.
Camshaft depends on many factors such as transmission type(auto or manual), torque converter stall speed, idle quality and etc.

www.TeamZmotorsports.net

TeamZmotorsports 25.2 outlaw drag radial stock suspension 1991 Mustang
Thank You to the following for their help
TeamZmotorsports
Marcella Manifolds
Schoneck Composite
Ultimate Converter Concepts

"Stupid is as stupid does", "You can't fix stupid"
"Common sense is not common"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: