Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 01, 2020, 12:19:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length
435311 Posts in 37295 Topics by 9537 Members
Latest Member: Mgabski
Search: Advanced search
Advertiser Inquiries
+ My Community
|-+ Library Tech Library Tech
| |-+ Power and Drivetrain Combos
| | |-+ 289/302 - non-stroker combos
| | | |-+ Not a proven combo..............yes, more of my junk..........
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Not a proven combo..............yes, more of my junk..........  (Read 6707 times)
Mr.Blue
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« on: March 31, 2016, 11:56:15 am »

Provided by: Rodney Tolleson/1991 LX Hatch

01. Block
Displacement: 302
CR: stock

02. Heads
Brand: FORD
Model: GT-40
Ported?: No

03. Camshaft (If the camshaft is custom, NOT providing this information is understandable, and NOT expected)
Brand: FORD
Grind Number/Model: Stock AWESOMENESS
Int./Exh. Duration @.050":
Int./Exh. Lift:
Lobe Separation Angle:

04. Induction
Carbureted/EFI: Fuelie
Intake: X-perimental Tubular GT40
Carb/Injector Size: 24lb.
Throttle Body Size: 75mm
Mass Air Size: 80mm Pro-M

05. Tuner: ford

06. Exhaust
Style:  flo-tech
Diameter: 1-5/8
Catted: no
"X" or "H":
Mufflers: 2-1/2 bullets mounted off headers

07. Power Adder:

08. Transmission
Manual/Auto: Man-stick
Model: 1989 T5 syncro'd
Plate/Clutch: stock gazillion miles
Converter Stall:

09. Gears
Style: Motorsport
Ratio: 4.10
Differential Style: 8.8/28 spline t-lok/mosers axles

10. Rear Suspension Setup: UPR solid upper/lowers/50-50 shocks

11. Front Suspension Setup: stock k-mem/arms/moroso springs/Lakewood struts

12. Tires: nankang FR's/MT 26x10 slicks

13. Car Weight: 2800ish race weight

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Time Slip:

60ft: 1.61
330ft: 4.83
1/8th ET: 7.57
1/8th MPH: 89.58
1/4 ET:
1/4 MPH:
Dyno Data:

FWHP: 
FWTQ:
RWHP:
RWTQ:

COMMENTS/OBSERVATIONS:

Oh yeah.............itz gotz a racin carank pulley also!

Rodney Tolleson/VP SBFTech van club
juiced coupe
Six figures worth of don't give a f*ck
Global Moderator
Big Block

The land mass between New Orleans and Mobile

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 12:16:33 pm »

I've been trying to tell people this for years. That aftermarket heads and "XYZ" cam aren't needed to have a quick car. Thanks for proving the masses wrong again.

Oh yeah. If those are the Flowtech long tubes, go ahead and be prepared for leaks around the slip fit tubes. I've had three sets and they all leak there. And copper collector gaskets aren't a bad idea either.

Doing more with less, or something like that.
http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,20009.0.html

Quote from: Monte Smith
Bottom line, if it was the hot ticket, the fast guys would do it.............they don't

You might need some Titanium rods and a flow bench!  LMAO on floor

I honestly don't get it.

I'm sweating, my heart is racing, my clutch foot is twichin', and my right arm punched the computer screen doing an involentary 2-3 shift while reading all that. 
Mr.Blue
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 12:28:14 pm »

Story on this one is my ex-wife/girlfriend bought this pile in 1992 with 14,000 miles on it, actually how we met, both having foxes and all...dated for a few years and i added 3.55's and pulleys, ran 10.0's stock with 2.73 and a slush-n-slide...9.70's with gears and pulleys...BEAST MODE!...........we split up and eventually got back together and married a few years later (2001).........split for good in 2009 and i got to keep the car since it was basically a pile by then anyway having endured her brother driving it a few years, sitting in the yard a few years after hurricane ivan and getting fender bended at her work in the parking lot.....got it up and running in 2008 and started tinkering with it.............

Fast forward to 2013 and i'd had enough of the AOD and needed the trans (lentech VB/B&M 3000 NL) for my daily driver fox and i figured i'd do the swap......................................someday..................................................................................

Fast forward again..................new years resolution time.................a buddy had also commented years ago that it wouldnt be faster with a stick (7.68@89 aod) than auto without changing a bunch of stuff.................challenge accepted!

As it sat since fall of 2013.............

Crew hanging out wishing their brother well................

First light lol.............

Had a junkyard t5 i wiped some ju-ju on to propel this stock cammed weapon!

This thing needed exhaust since i had robbed the mac aod headers for my other car........so a buddy traded me some stuff for some flo-techs and a shifter.....got my pit crew to cut and weld it all

Ponied up for some new tires for the front on some used wheels i'd had stashed for 4-5 years........and washed it WTF

i first fired it up and the fp reg was leaking like a bitch...........remembered i had tried to scavenge it for the van and threw a stocker on.....one o-ring later we were in business but it felt like it had a miss....which it did...after a week i found i had left #3 injector unplugged messing with the reg

Felt better but still felt slow? Anyway we took it up to the track............

Where it fell flat on its ass...............
8.07@84
8.14@81.5
9.18 letting out
9.36 letting out
 WTF WTF WTF

Packed up and headed home discouraged....maybe fuel pump? eec? etc. etc...........................on the way home the battery light lit up...could barely see it behind the shift lite...volt gauge was good?....got home and found a broken stator wire ..............track was closed for a weekend............so i decided to swap the STOCK exploder springs (i know! ) for some beehives i had lying around.........to their credit the stk springs were holding there own at 5600 lol

Headed back up with new found confidence! Stared out slow with 4500 launch and the 180,000 mile stock clutch felt a little weird but still handed me these....

Figured i'd lean on it a little and test that stock t-lok! 5500 launch..........5800 shift........

Cooled it and got one good one.............

Passes in order......clutch felt a little weird on each pass but maybe i'm imagining things........have a cam for it and it needs more gear but i have ANOTHER car i'm working on now lol......

7.70@87.84
7.75@87.99
7.63@88.52
7.76@88.54 foot hung the clutch pedal on the 2/3 
7.65@88.68
7.68@88.87
7.57@89.58
7.62@88.90

Mr.Blue
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 12:30:52 pm »

I've been trying to tell people this for years. That aftermarket heads and "XYZ" cam aren't needed to have a quick car. Thanks for proving the masses wrong again.

Oh yeah. If those are the Flowtech long tubes, go ahead and be prepared for leaks around the slip fit tubes. I've had three sets and they all leak there. And copper collector gaskets aren't a bad idea either.

They do leak a little around the slip fit lol................had a set of these back in '98? lol

I tried the "header buddies" that summit sells instead of the traditional collector flange/gasket....seem to work really well.............

289nate
"IL BUONO"
Global Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2016, 12:05:55 pm »

Got that horse back to life and kickin'.

\'65 fastback pump gas 289, 4.56 gears, and faceplated T5.  11.123 at 122.4
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: