Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2017, 01:19:50 am

Login with username, password and session length
TRADER Feedback System
IS NOW AVAILABLE
* SBFTECH Membership Required *
434110 Posts in 37143 Topics by 9479 Members
Latest Member: joerberg
Search: Advanced search
Advertiser Inquiries
+ SBFTECH.com Experienced Small Block Ford Tech
|-+ Membership Tech
| |-+ Product Reviews
| | |-+ JL Audio ground lug
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: JL Audio ground lug  (Read 8234 times)
juiced coupe
Six figures worth of don't give a f*ck
Global Moderator
Big Block

The land mass between New Orleans and Mobile

« on: January 23, 2016, 02:55:09 pm »

http://www.jlaudio.com/car-audio-connection-systems-power-connections-master-ground-lug

I picked up a couple of these to use in my car rewire. I know its a simple product but nobody else seems to be offering anything similar.

For something that is functional and only cost $10, I thought they did quite well. Stainless construction and the long threads on both sides are nice. The large base cover also ensures plenty of surface area for the terminal.

I'm going to use one in my trunk, at the rear mounted battery. I'll use other on the firewall as a junction between my engine grounds, body, and newly mounted electronics under the dash.

Doing more with less, or something like that.
http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,20009.0.html

Quote from: Monte Smith
Bottom line, if it was the hot ticket, the fast guys would do it.............they don't

You might need some Titanium rods and a flow bench!  LMAO on floor

I honestly don't get it.

I'm sweating, my heart is racing, my clutch foot is twichin', and my right arm punched the computer screen doing an involentary 2-3 shift while reading all that. 
347HO
A-1 Super Genious / Director of Maintenance
Section Moderator
Big Block

I believe they landed on the moon.

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 10:46:29 pm »

I made my own using left-over sway bar link bushings for insulators.

... it was REALLY revving at like 4K...
If I saw that thing in my rear view Im pulling over to let you by, I be scared of that thing Huh? i dont know wich car is uglier ur or mine?
Javier
Ugly?  Easy now -- that's my baby and it's got lots of unique character!  When I drop that built 445" stroker in it you won't have any time to "pull over to let me pass" because I'll have already blown past you when you figure out what the hell was that loud noise behind you . . .  
juiced coupe
Global Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2016, 12:18:01 am »

I made my own using left-over sway bar link bushings for insulators.

I've got a firewall bulkhead. I wanted something that would allow me attach multiple terminals on both sides and make a good connection to the sheet metal.

I've been using a bolt with star washers for years with any issues. It's just a pain when you have to undo something.

Bottom line, if it was the hot ticket, the fast guys would do it.............they don't

I honestly don't get it.

I'm sweating, my heart is racing, my clutch foot is twichin', and my right arm punched the computer screen doing an involentary 2-3 shift while reading all that. 
CDW6212R
Big Block

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2016, 01:58:43 pm »

Good idea, I like all kinds of wiring tricks, supplies, nick knacks etc.

I've been buying supplies/pieces to build a nice set of jumper cables(2ga welding wire is down to $31 for 25'(red or black(I paid extra for blue))).

I just sourced the heat shrink material from Ancor, through Amazon. Theirs has adhesive inside(marine grade), and with careful size/color/length selection(PITA for each choice), you can get decent pricing. I bought 48" sections of about five sizes, and (3) 12" pieces of 1" black to hold the 2ga welding cable together.

I see also that they have tinned wire, which is marine grade, for best uses outside like under hood etc. I didn't buy any of that yet. Soon though, and it's often much cheaper in bulk rolls.

The jumper cable clamps I wanted are back ordered, they only had one pair(red seems to be unavailable at the moment). I chose blue for my power lead, I wanted something different, plus a quick connect(winch connector etc). I'll make two half pieces, 10' and 15' long, we'll see if that's worth the $125ish it's going to cost. Regards,

Don

1991 Mark VII LSC Special Edition, soon to be OBDII and 4R70W, then GTC body kit and 347.
1998 Mountaineer, plans for A4WD and KB 2200 blower later, XP8 parts, paint and a 332.
1973 Ranchero and 72 Sport front end ...will be a 351 Clevor, EFI and 4R70W.
Jeff351w
Big Block

393 build & new trans in progress

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2016, 09:19:43 pm »

http://www.jlaudio.com/car-audio-connection-systems-power-connections-master-ground-lug

I picked up a couple of these to use in my car rewire. I know its a simple product but nobody else seems to be offering anything similar.

For something that is functional and only cost $10, I thought they did quite well. Stainless construction and the long threads on both sides are nice. The large base cover also ensures plenty of surface area for the terminal.

I'm going to use one in my trunk, at the rear mounted battery. I'll use other on the firewall as a junction between my engine grounds, body, and newly mounted electronics under the dash.

Thanks for the link.  I'm going to pick a couple up as well.   Thanx!

Quote from: mighty mouse

I often have tires with just too much tread or a fuel tank that is just too full. Accept no substitutes!
juiced coupe
Global Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2017, 10:50:49 pm »

I installed one of these on my truck the other day and noticed something that I missed the first time.

The nuts aren't stainless, they are nickel plated brass.

Not that its a real problem, I just didn't realize it until I stripped one of them with my impact.

I think that they were M8X1.25.

I honestly don't get it.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: