Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 27, 2017, 12:40:06 am

Login with username, password and session length
TRADER Feedback System
IS NOW AVAILABLE
* SBFTECH Membership Required *
433803 Posts in 37115 Topics by 9458 Members
Latest Member: Rich351
Search: Advanced search
Advertiser Inquiries
+ SBFTECH.com Experienced Small Block Ford Tech
|-+ General Tech
| |-+ Transmissions/Differentials
| | |-+ Automatic Transmissions
| | | |-+ stock e4od ?'s in a truck
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: stock e4od ?'s in a truck  (Read 1393 times)
jetski247
4 Banger

« on: December 27, 2015, 02:05:21 pm »

i have a 95 f150 4x4 and have some quesitons about the tranny

i know absolutely nothing about transmissions, i did install a deep sump pan and trans go shift kit long ago but that was as far as my trans skills will go, it does have around 300k miles on it and still seems fine but im sure its just a matter of time.

how much power can the stock e4od handle?

is there anything in the transmission that limits power to the wheels? I remember reading that getting the truck to go over 100mph will need modification? again, this was something i read a long time ago and did not know if this is a myth or not.

is there anything that i can do to apply power to the wheels better? this truck has always seemed to rev higher to get moving than any other f150 ive driven, ive owned it since it was new and is the original trans. maybe its just me.

what is the factory stall for a 4x4 e4od different between the 2wd and 4wd trans?

I'll take a 2 stroke over 4 any day......
it aint an engine unless it requires a mix drink to run

Man is smart............People are stupid.....
Leroy Bienek
jetski247
4 Banger

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2016, 10:25:52 am »

can i get 100k from a stock e4od w/400HP 400TQ?? will stock converter be good? bad? its in a heavy truck...thanks

Leroy Bienek
knucklefux
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2016, 12:42:25 pm »

The converter needs to be specified to work with the cam with vehicle use and weight in mind. 

You will probably need to get the shift points and/or line pressures adjusted as well.  Additional cooling is a good idea. 

Whether it'll last or not is hard to tell from here.  Some folks run stock e4ods behind 500hp engines with no trouble.  Others burn up the stock tranny with a bone stock engine.  Sometimes part of how long something lasts comes down to luck

95 gt-R.I.P.
2004 cobra-needs more boost
jetski247
4 Banger

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2016, 09:13:15 pm »

yeah, your right about the luck thing, all my tranny buddies find it impossible that my stock e40d has almost 300k on it and is original....well i added a trans go shift kit, deep sump pan and the truck already came with a tranny cooler since it had the tow package but i regularly service it with mobil 1.

anyhow, im going to give it a shot and see what happens, hell they put it behind a strait six back then as well as a powerstroke........strait six would blow it at 75k and the powerstroke would blow it at 120k....so who knows......

so heres a question.......my torque converter has always and i mean always seemed like i had to give it more gas to get the truck going ever since it was new........almost like slipping clutches....been on several truck forums and aparently im the only one that notices it.

btw, i have a baumanator tranny controller already so im sure that will help

Leroy Bienek
knucklefux
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2016, 09:54:23 pm »

The stall could be off, or this truck might be geared different or taller tires or something.  There are too many variables to say definitively.  If it's been like that since new, the clutches are probably ok.

95 gt-R.I.P.
2004 cobra-needs more boost
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: