Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 01, 2020, 12:35:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Director PLEASE!!!!
Add your location information to your personal profile. Thanx!
435311 Posts in 37295 Topics by 9537 Members
Latest Member: Mgabski
Search: Advanced search
Advertiser Inquiries
+ My Community
|-+ Library Tech Library Tech
| |-+ Power and Drivetrain Combos
| | |-+ 289/302 - non-stroker combos
| | | |-+ Not a proven combo, just my van............wait, what?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Not a proven combo, just my van............wait, what?  (Read 78052 times)
SlickTang
Small Block

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2015, 07:48:58 pm »

You probably got a set of 1.7s laying around and some springs.....let her rev!  

+1

The stock HO cam was respectable for what it was, and 1.7's woke it up quite a bit. Several of my friends did that with their 5.0's. I think it gives you about. 470 lift if I remember correctly.

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.
Mr.Blue
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2015, 10:09:53 pm »

Yeah........it shifts outta 1st.@ 5600-5800 WOT with the awesome "hi-rev" gov. supplied with the shift kit and it was the lowest setting which is a little high for a stock cam and i throw the 2-3 at around 5500 doin the shuffle....i let it shift the 2-3 itself and its 5K WOT and it also slowed down et and mph

Rodney Tolleson/VP SBFTech van club
Mr.Blue
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2015, 10:22:47 pm »

Wow I didn't know that, don't I feel like an idiot lol

Throw some slicks on it and get a transbrake. Launch it at 5000 

It hooks great with the DR's right now.........t-brake would kill the stock AOD lol........another good reason for me to go non-lock trying to save the pencil shaft lol

I get around 2600 on the footbrake...................really needs a 351 or maybe depending how far (if) i get into the 8's i'm not a 100% sure i wouldnt juice it and try for the 7's........i have a gt40 plate kit on the shelf, just need a few parts to make it functional

of course its all fun and games when you're not spending "real" money on it,  just nickel and dime stuff havin fun

A bunch of little kids were in a school bus ahead of me today on the way home from work and they were laughin and wavin at me, i stuck my tongue out and waved back and hopped at the bus........they went crazy WTF.....waving at a weirdo in a van is like playin with matches, sneakin out or looking at a dirty magazine...livin dangerous lol

CDW6212R
Big Block

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2015, 10:30:17 pm »

Great fun, lots of things will work for anything like that van.

I've still got a couple of things I bought from Art Carr, in 1988 when the AOD was a kid just starting to get upgrades. I have a non lockup(one input shaft(not two)) shaft and the matching TC for it. I doubt I'll ever use it now, and the stall would be on a lower side(street - not chosen for a high rpm). I think Art Carr had two TC's then, and called them a C6 TC(probably a direct C6 unit).

Don

1991 Mark VII LSC Special Edition, soon to be OBDII and 4R70W, then GTC body kit and 347.
1998 Mountaineer, plans for A4WD and KB 2200 blower later, XP8 parts, paint and a 332.
1973 Ranchero and 72 Sport front end ...will be a 351 Clevor, EFI and 4R70W.
Mr.Blue
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2015, 11:09:10 pm »

Yeah i really should have ponied up at least $165 for a hardened pencil shaft but i'm a total skin flint on some things......................and end up regretting it down the road

I cant bitch to much about the converter.....its loose but for what i paid i'm happy, time will tell.....really need a bigger tranny cooler and thought about putting a temp gauge in just to keep an eye on it........

SlickTang
Small Block

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2015, 01:20:09 am »

Yeah........it shifts outta 1st.@ 5600-5800 WOT with the awesome "hi-rev" gov. supplied with the shift kit and it was the lowest setting which is a little high for a stock cam and i throw the 2-3 at around 5500 doin the shuffle....i let it shift the 2-3 itself and its 5K WOT and it also slowed down et and mph

With an Aod start with it in L, push to D when ready to shift to 2nd but immediately pull it back to L after it shifts to 2nd, that locks it in 2nd. When ready to shift to 3rd push it to D again. Voila, driving an Aod manual style.

Mr.Blue
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2015, 09:10:14 am »

Yep....thats how i do, it old school term is AOD shuffle..............it shifts the 1-2@56/58 WOT whether you shift it or not...........once in a blue moon it will start in 2nd from a stoplight so i just started leaving in 1st. and clickin it up once its rollin...........launching at the track consists of prestage, bring up to 2k...ease off the brakes just enough to slide it in shallow as possible while  still bringin it up to 26/27, launching and clickin it up as soon as it rolls out, pullin it back down after the 1/2 and clickin it back up to D around 54/55..............this thing is more of a pain to drive than my stick cars lol

z-adamson
#1 fucktard
Big Block

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2015, 11:14:30 am »

Finally, someone with some taste.
dennis112
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2015, 12:02:34 pm »

Finally, someone with some taste.

Beer budget taste . . . . .

Dennis

65' Stang, 434W NA, Victor Heads, Super Vic Intake, 11:1, Braswell Carb, Bullet SR Cam, G101A 4-Speed, 4:56 rear, 93 Octane Pump Gas  9.82@138.00
SlickTang
Small Block

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2015, 02:23:52 pm »

Mr Blue, when I had an aod fox,  I was going to change valve bodies. I found one that made the shifter  1,2,D and the OD was a toggle switch...... Or maybe I dreamed it, I drank a lot back then lol

Mr.Blue
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2015, 02:57:29 pm »

I've got a lentech valvebody in one of my foxes like that.............i've had it for around 15 years and it still works flawless.............just didnt want to drop $400+ on a vb for this crapbox but maybe in the future if i keep playing with it..............

z-adamson..............i think everyone likes the fact that i own it and not them....they want to but then realize its better knowing someone with one than being the guy with one..............my significant other cringes that i've started DD it lol

289nate
"IL BUONO"
Global Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2015, 03:30:52 pm »

Always fun reading about your projects Rodney.  I'm surprised nobody has given any credit to the double roof wings.  Those alone should have been worth .2.

\'65 fastback pump gas 289, 4.56 gears, and faceplated T5.  11.123 at 122.4
SlickTang
Small Block

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2015, 03:39:30 pm »

Find some used drag lites for it, save some weight wherever you can.

Mr.Blue
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2015, 04:41:53 pm »

Always fun reading about your projects Rodney.  I'm surprised nobody has given any credit to the double roof wings.  Those alone should have been worth .2.

Lol...roof racks keepin it stealthy Nate..............i keep sayin i'm gonna throw a ladder up there for race day............i've also got a neck brace i found at the jy with mike and dave that i've promised to wear for a pass.........get the locals that line the fence betting on TNT day all stirred up

Honestly the front space savers and rear alums. are maybe a pound or so heavier than d-lites...plus the bolt pattern is a problem for the rears.....not really enough savings to justify cost.........

Mr.Blue
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2015, 04:50:17 pm »

Weight savings...................i also run it with no pass, seat and the doghouse off....sounds like the crank is coming out at the top of first

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: