Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2017, 12:37:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length
433491 Posts in 37081 Topics by 9458 Members
Latest Member: Rich351
Search: Advanced search
Advertiser Inquiries
+ SBFTECH.com Experienced Small Block Ford Tech
|-+ Grass Roots Tech
| |-+ Grass Roots Cylinder Heads
| | |-+ Head Hierarchy?
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Head Hierarchy?  (Read 7951 times)
LiteEmUp
Stroked Small Block

I have accepted my car is the Spawn of Satan.

« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2017, 05:52:45 pm »

Canfield 192's 195's ??
 Wonder, Ponder

Just for the record I never threatened that assclown ... I just let him know I don't like thieves!
juiced coupe
Six figures worth of don't give a f*ck
Global Moderator
Big Block

The land mass between New Orleans and Mobile

« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2017, 06:18:51 pm »

Canfield 192's 195's ??
 Wonder, Ponder

About equal to a unported TFS High Port, especially considering that they are basically copies of the HP heads.

Doing more with less, or something like that.
http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,20009.0.html

Quote from: Monte Smith
Bottom line, if it was the hot ticket, the fast guys would do it.............they don't

You might need some Titanium rods and a flow bench!  LMAO on floor

I honestly don't get it.

I'm sweating, my heart is racing, my clutch foot is twichin', and my right arm punched the computer screen doing an involentary 2-3 shift while reading all that. 
289nate
"IL BUONO"
Global Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2017, 11:42:43 pm »

Canfield 192's 195's ??
 Wonder, Ponder

Stay away from the 192.  They are prone to cracking.  The 195 does not suffer the same problem and was a very good cylinder head for the money.  I've been told they are a little better out of the box than the 192 High Port.  But, the High Port can be opened up more than the Canfield.  I haven't seen much over 330 cfm on the intake port after porting on a Canfield because it gets too thin to take them further.  I've been happy with the set I have.

\'65 fastback pump gas 289, 4.56 gears, and faceplated T5.  11.123 at 122.4
289nate
"IL BUONO"
Global Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2017, 11:51:38 pm »

That's why I asked.  They seem to make considerably more power than the TW of old.

While I'm sure that the new heads are an improvement, I don't know about the way more power thing.

People are getting better at making power, no doubt about it. But people are also making more power with older stuff too.

Many Renegade and Drag Radial cars ran mid/low 8s with the old heads, several years ago. Hell, a member here ran mid 9s N/A with a factory block and crank 306 with a set, and low 9s with a aftermarket block stroker before a engine failure took it out. There is a member on several other forms that ran high 9s with a set of unported 170s on a 408, N/A.

As far as I  know, the old school Renegade TW heads are still the badest stock intake/exhaust port location heads out there. There may be something out there now that is actually better, but those are some tough shoes to fill.

Plus, people are running the 11r 185 head where they used to run the as cast TW 170.

I have a set of those old Renegade TW heads.  They are really getting on my nerve to do a small inch high compression, high rpm, E85 build with them.

\'65 fastback pump gas 289, 4.56 gears, and faceplated T5.  11.123 at 122.4
Cobra109
Small Block

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2017, 11:27:31 am »

I can not believe that with all this input from HP ford gurus, that no one has brought up the e6se heads. the ultimate.........
juiced coupe
Six figures worth of don't give a f*ck
Global Moderator
Big Block

The land mass between New Orleans and Mobile

« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2017, 04:29:38 pm »

I can not believe that with all this input from HP ford gurus, that no one has brought up the e6se heads. the ultimate.........

Its funny how some things just line up.

Quote from: 86
When used as a verb in American English, eighty-six, eighty-sixed, 86, 86ed, or 86'd, is slang for getting rid of something, ejecting someone, or refusing service.

Meaning:

According to Merriam-Webster's Dictionary, "86" is a slang term that is used in the American popular culture as atransitive verb to mean throw out or get rid of, particularly in the food service industry as a term to describe an item no longer available on the menu, or to refuse service to a customer.[1] The Merriam Webster dictionary suggests the term may be associated with the word "nix" ("no" or a more general prohibition).[1]

Doing more with less, or something like that.
http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,20009.0.html

Quote from: Monte Smith
Bottom line, if it was the hot ticket, the fast guys would do it.............they don't

You might need some Titanium rods and a flow bench!  LMAO on floor

I honestly don't get it.

I'm sweating, my heart is racing, my clutch foot is twichin', and my right arm punched the computer screen doing an involentary 2-3 shift while reading all that. 
Cobra109
Small Block

« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2017, 09:17:06 am »

Im afraid that e6se are not going to line at all.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: