Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2018, 01:49:49 am

Login with username, password and session length
Team Z Motorsports
Tech Section
* SBFTECH Membership Required *
435164 Posts in 37251 Topics by 9534 Members
Latest Member: 88_GT
Search: Advanced search
Advertiser Inquiries
+ SBFTECH.com Experienced Small Block Ford Tech
|-+ Membership Tech
| |-+ Projects Under Construction
| | |-+ 74 F100
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 74 F100  (Read 25554 times)
blue04.5
Stroked Small Block

« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2015, 12:13:33 pm »

Thanks Cluade.
Yes it is a short bed, and that weight is with no driver.

1974 f100, 347
blue04.5
Stroked Small Block

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2015, 11:10:31 pm »

I ordered a new ignition set up that should be here probably Tuesday.

Wanted to link this here incase I forget later.
http://www.onallcylinders.com/2012/07/05/swap-feat-upgrading-ford-9-inch-rear-axle-larger-gears/
Did a little looking and found I have a 31 spline axle. I think I might do a gear swap next.

1974 f100, 347
blue04.5
Stroked Small Block

« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2015, 10:11:50 am »

My recent project has been installing a new ignition box. The other night I figured I would get a start by pulling the old one out. A couple hours later I had the old one out and the new one in and fired the truck up on the first try, success! Last night the plan was to finalize wire placements and get everything mounted, box and coil, well then it turned into this....When I first acquired the truck the ignition box was bad so out it came and in went an aftermarket ignition. We cut and removed a bunch of unused wires in the process though there were still quite a bit left just cut and wrapped up. So I decided to trace all the cut wires back and remove them.

While I was in the cab chasing wires I removed my cracked dash pad, I have had a replacement for the last year and a half, and found this under the dash pad. I thought it was cool.

So, I went out to the garage to finalize the wiring and one thing led to another and it turned into a wire exorcism, and I didn't get the box or coil mounted like I wanted to Grin

1974 f100, 347
blue04.5
Stroked Small Block

« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2015, 10:21:56 pm »

Progress hasn't been a good as it could be, work has been busy not complaining just limits truck time. I also had my 9 year anniversary yesterday, crazy how time flies. I still find her attractive so I guess I'll keep her around for another 9 years  Grin

So a couple updates. For the most part I finished up my wiring for now, its not professional level by any means but I like what I accomplished with what I had.

I chose not to put a loom directly on the wires like it came with from the factory, instead I used zip ties, a lot of zip ties lol, to loom and route the wires as neatly as I could.

I put my braided loom back on to clean up the appearance some. My wires run slightly different than they did before so my loom doesn't quite fit like it did prior.

I was also able to address the bad u joint. When I pulled the drive shaft one of the cups just fell to the floor, I picked it up and looked at it and something was missing....

So I scooped some of the grease out and realized the needle bearings had turned into a fine grain sand texture in a grease paste, the biggest piece being about the size of a ball point pen. Wheel hop= bad..

Bad picture but that shiny stuff is whats left of the needle bearings.

So I need to replace the u joint and she'll be a runner again.

Oh yeah and its hotter than Hades in Oregon today, that's it for the weather report. Stay frosty my friends  

1974 f100, 347
blue04.5
Stroked Small Block

« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2015, 11:13:42 pm »

My brother is getting rid of his 76 F100, so I helped him pull his motor and a few other things he wanted out of it. I scored a straight front bumper and....

before

After

275/60/15 all around. Side by side they looked an inch shorter than my previous tires. They give the truck a more square look IMO.

1974 f100, 347
RunninHorse
Big Block

Órale!

« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2015, 10:37:20 pm »

Nice work.  That's a good looking truck!

I'm Rob.  Working on my '93 Reef Blue coupe.  Stock internal 302, 80 MAF, 75 TB, Victor 5.0, High Ports, 30# inj., B303, 1.6s, Tremec TKO 3550, Quicktime bell, Fidanza Al flywheel, stage 3 ceramic clutch, & 4.10s.  12.68 @ 111.69
'66 F100 shortbed, 352ci, 3 on the tree - on hold
'65 Coupe rolling chassis - on hold
Parts I'm selling: 
Hardened Push Rods - Trick Flow 6.2" .080 - $60
Misc. Fox Body Interior Pieces
blue04.5
Stroked Small Block

« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2015, 12:59:09 am »

Nice work.  That's a good looking truck!
Thank you.

Well, I had the wing window and wind shield gaskets replaced last Friday, not something I wanted to attempt myself Whistling

I finally pulled the trigger on 4.11 gears and a LSD. I plan on installing it all over this extended weekend.

I also found out I need to roll my fender lip as it has been kissing the side of the rear tires a bit Should be an easy fix just haven't gotten around to doing it yet.

I hope everyone gets to enjoy their labor day weekend, stay safe and have fun, if you cant do both then have fun

1974 f100, 347
blue04.5
Stroked Small Block

« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2016, 02:56:17 am »

Evening all.
Little update since I posted last. I've since swapped a crown vic front suspension under my truck and installed a camber kit and dropped the front about an inch. The truck now sits on 18x10.5 inch wheels with 285/40/18 at all four corners.  I ended up having to stretch the bedsides about 2 inches rack side to clear the wheel/tire combo. About a month ago I bought a 8.8 with 3.73 gears out of an 08 mustang gt that I plan to run as a three link setup under my truck. It should be fun.

1974 f100, 347
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: