Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 22, 2018, 12:34:21 am

Login with username, password and session length
TRADER Feedback System
IS NOW AVAILABLE
* SBFTECH Membership Required *
435248 Posts in 37264 Topics by 9537 Members
Latest Member: Mgabski
Search: Advanced search
Advertiser Inquiries
+ My Community
|-+ General Tech
| |-+ Joel 5.0's Electronic Engine Management
| | |-+ Aftermarket Tuners - Generally
| | | |-+ 24 lbers enough @ 45 psi? 363 Procomp 210 Typhoon EFI
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 24 lbers enough @ 45 psi? 363 Procomp 210 Typhoon EFI  (Read 7220 times)
skratpiece
Stroked Small Block

« on: March 02, 2015, 08:53:44 pm »

The car spits and sputters at 40 psi. Codes show it's sensing lean. I'm entertaining a few solutions. Temporary solution to crank up to 45 psi. It us running a lot better during normal driving. Second solution is to swap in some 36 lb injectors for $80 and see how it runs with the 24 lb sensor. Third solution is to bring it to leave the 24s and have a moates chip burned for $250 but risk going to the tuner with injectors that are too small. 4th solution is to buy the 36 lb injectors for $80 and still go pay $250 for the tune.
wywindsor
Big Block

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 09:17:36 pm »

What maf do you have now? Tell us more about the engine combo. What hp do you expect it to make?
skratpiece
Stroked Small Block

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 10:28:44 pm »

I've got a granatellu 75 mm calibrated to 24 lbers. I'm just trying to keep it dtiveable until I buy a Quarter horse. I'm considering the low cost alternatives until that happens. Thr Moates, binary, and wideband along with a new or used laptop are gonna cost me in excess of $600 that I don't have right this second. Its not running very enjoyable so I'm considering biting the bullet and having a time burned on a moates chip either with existing 24s or with the additional cost of 36s.
wywindsor
Big Block

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 11:12:01 pm »

We have know idea of what your motor is capable of. More info needed. Your setup is way off if you are lean all through the power band. your maf is  wrong or ?.  I would guess. 24# inj. will provide fuel for 326 hp at 85%. that's 384 at 100%. You can turn up the fuel pressure but you need to do the math. 45/40 = 1.125=1.06 x 24 =  25.44 lbs per hour. 30 lbs inj. will get you 408 hp at 85%.

bottom line you have a dart 363 with a lot of $$$$ in it buy the shit to tune it.
juiced coupe
Six figures worth of don't give a f*ck
Global Moderator
Big Block

The land mass between New Orleans and Mobile

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 11:17:07 pm »

bottom line you have a dart 363 with a lot of $$$$ in it buy the shit to tune it.

Spt at PC

Wrong 363. He has a .060 over, cast piston 351. With Procomp heads and a Chinese efi intake (Performer copy).

Doing more with less, or something like that.
http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,20009.0.html

Quote from: Monte Smith
Bottom line, if it was the hot ticket, the fast guys would do it.............they don't

You might need some Titanium rods and a flow bench!  LMAO on floor

I honestly don't get it.

I'm sweating, my heart is racing, my clutch foot is twichin', and my right arm punched the computer screen doing an involentary 2-3 shift while reading all that. 
Joel5.0
El Hombre
Administrator
Big Block

Miracles?.... by appointment only!

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 06:39:15 am »

With what you have, 24# injectors shouldn't be a problem.  Regarding the symptoms that you describe, they are a sign of a mismatch of components. IOW..... the 24# injectors should not cause driveability issues. 36# injectors are preferred but like the 24s, it needs to be set correctly.

ACRONYMS:
LUK  LMK  JIC  BTSTDTRT  YCYDYP  NFI-YTM  SPOBI, and the classic... DILLIGAS

'86 Mustang GT, X-303 cam, Holley DP 700, RG Tran., 289 Heads   Ford Smilie 2

Quote from: Joel5.0
The right to be stupid is inalienable for sure however, there is no such thing as a right to impose stupidity onto others
Great Thoughts will Overwhelm a Feeble Mind
There is never money to do it right, but there's always money to do it over.
Knowledge based on external evidence is unreliable.
He, who doesn't ask, does not deserve an answer.
A mind is like a parachute it only works when it is open.  (oldmanjoe)
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. (Albert Einstein)
Tuning on a Dyno for the track, is like swim practice in a bathtub.
I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you. (90lxcoupe)
The proof of understanding is the ability to explain it. (H. Torruella)
Ignorance is bliss, but stupidity is orgasmic.
Fraud and falsehood only dread examination. Truth invites it. (Samuel Johnson)
The chaotic resistance of the opponents leads to the conclusion that they are not prepared to meet the challenge. The problem is already much more psychological then technological. [Bojidar Djordjev]
Individuals are rational and humane... Crowds are reactionary and barbaric. (Jason)
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it. –Chinese Proverb
Nothing sways the stupid more than arguments they can't understand - Cardinal de Retz
85_GT
Big Block

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2015, 08:33:26 am »

You're gonna want the Quarterhorse eventually anyway.  Binary Editor and EEC Analyzer work nice and make things easier.  But you could do with the free TunerPro RT (few bucks to register if you like it) to adjust the tune.  And can look at logs with Excel if you have. 

85GT, Dart Windsor Jr, Crane 2030 equiv. Performer 5.0, 75mm TB, 88mm Slot, 34lbs injectors, 1 5/8" shorties, 5spd converted to 4R70W with Baumann controller, 3.25 9"
A9L running A9P bin via Quarterhorse with LC-1
CDW6212R
Big Block

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 02:28:20 pm »

Check the voltage curve of the MAF, and that calibrated thing is not a good choice anyway. Select a great MAF to begin with, the SCT units were around $230 new a while back.

Don

1991 Mark VII LSC Special Edition, soon to be OBDII and 4R70W, then GTC body kit and 347.
1998 Mountaineer, plans for A4WD and KB 2200 blower later, XP8 parts, paint and a 332.
1973 Ranchero and 72 Sport front end ...will be a 351 Clevor, EFI and 4R70W.
skratpiece
Stroked Small Block

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2015, 04:42:27 pm »

Is there a way to tune using Quarter horse and Tunerpro RT without a wideband?
85_GT
Big Block

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2015, 06:21:22 pm »

Yes.  As long as you keep the o2s and can get into closed loop.  My wideband just confirmed I dialed in fuel correctly

85GT, Dart Windsor Jr, Crane 2030 equiv. Performer 5.0, 75mm TB, 88mm Slot, 34lbs injectors, 1 5/8" shorties, 5spd converted to 4R70W with Baumann controller, 3.25 9"
A9L running A9P bin via Quarterhorse with LC-1
Joel5.0
El Hombre
Administrator
Big Block

Miracles?.... by appointment only!

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2015, 07:00:10 pm »

Is there a way to tune using Quarter horse and Tunerpro RT without a wideband?

Um...Yes..... keep the narrowband lean/rich switching time centered...... and you are set...... but that is not your main concern now.

ACRONYMS:
LUK  LMK  JIC  BTSTDTRT  YCYDYP  NFI-YTM  SPOBI, and the classic... DILLIGAS

'86 Mustang GT, X-303 cam, Holley DP 700, RG Tran., 289 Heads   Ford Smilie 2

Quote from: Joel5.0
The right to be stupid is inalienable for sure however, there is no such thing as a right to impose stupidity onto others
Great Thoughts will Overwhelm a Feeble Mind
There is never money to do it right, but there's always money to do it over.
Knowledge based on external evidence is unreliable.
He, who doesn't ask, does not deserve an answer.
A mind is like a parachute it only works when it is open.  (oldmanjoe)
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. (Albert Einstein)
Tuning on a Dyno for the track, is like swim practice in a bathtub.
I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you. (90lxcoupe)
The proof of understanding is the ability to explain it. (H. Torruella)
Ignorance is bliss, but stupidity is orgasmic.
Fraud and falsehood only dread examination. Truth invites it. (Samuel Johnson)
The chaotic resistance of the opponents leads to the conclusion that they are not prepared to meet the challenge. The problem is already much more psychological then technological. [Bojidar Djordjev]
Individuals are rational and humane... Crowds are reactionary and barbaric. (Jason)
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it. –Chinese Proverb
Nothing sways the stupid more than arguments they can't understand - Cardinal de Retz
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: