Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2018, 06:54:44 am

Login with username, password and session length
435277 Posts in 37275 Topics by 9537 Members
Latest Member: Mgabski
Search: Advanced search
Advertiser Inquiries
+ My Community
|-+ Membership Tech
| |-+ Product Reviews
| | |-+ Has anybody used these jack stands?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Has anybody used these jack stands?  (Read 22532 times)
CDW6212R
Big Block

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2015, 07:59:09 pm »

Price is ridiculous.

Too many steps involved to make it really something I would pay top dollar for.

In order for him to be out of stock. ..He either only made one prototype or practically gave the other sets away to get his name out there.

Its not necessarily the steps. ( the way he did it was ridiculous no reason you can't do front and back on most vehicles not tire by tire) but your still limited as to what you can do while its on the stands. I feel like in the case when I use jackstands they couldn't be used 75% of the time.  I could see them good for someone to do subframe connectors, but if your a shop doing that many of them you should invest in a 4 post lift.

That makes me think, it would be a much better idea to have one similar, to lift a car front one center point. If the top pad size was made, sized to be able to lift at a smaller area, you could lift one end to do more tasks. The stand would have to be able to support more than 2000lbs though, which is where me first question was aimed, how strong are those locks that automatically allow it to go up.

Don

1991 Mark VII LSC Special Edition, soon to be OBDII and 4R70W, then GTC body kit and 347.
1998 Mountaineer, plans for A4WD and KB 2200 blower later, XP8 parts, paint and a 332.
1973 Ranchero and 72 Sport front end ...will be a 351 Clevor, EFI and 4R70W.
289nate
"IL BUONO"
Global Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2015, 09:31:43 pm »

He needs to hit a price point of around 200 for a set of 4...

I agree.  And I would buy a full set of four at that price and would use them.  One of my brother-in-laws moved to Oregon and took his four post lift with him. 

\'65 fastback pump gas 289, 4.56 gears, and faceplated T5.  11.123 at 122.4
juiced coupe
Six figures worth of don't give a f*ck
Global Moderator
Big Block

The land mass between New Orleans and Mobile

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2015, 09:43:53 pm »

He needs to hit a price point of around 200 for a set of 4...

I don't see that happening, not something designed for that kind of weight. A economy version with pins instead of the auto-locking feature might save a little.

I'd probably be willing to pay more like $400 a set, shipped. $600 a set (shipped) is still a bit much. But I can think of a few times where they would have been worth it.

Doing more with less, or something like that.
http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,20009.0.html

Quote from: Monte Smith
Bottom line, if it was the hot ticket, the fast guys would do it.............they don't

You might need some Titanium rods and a flow bench!  LMAO on floor

I honestly don't get it.

I'm sweating, my heart is racing, my clutch foot is twichin', and my right arm punched the computer screen doing an involentary 2-3 shift while reading all that. 
85_GT
Big Block

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2015, 10:07:47 pm »

That's not that much weight. WAY back in high school mechanical design class, they tested a plain stamp steel jack stand.  Kind with 3 height holes and slide in pin.  Rated 1 1/2 tons.  IIRC, it wasn't until at least 10,000 pounds before it started giving.  And the failure was the thru hole in the out tube started stretching downward.

He's got 4 pins.. please... lol

85GT, Dart Windsor Jr, Crane 2030 equiv. Performer 5.0, 75mm TB, 88mm Slot, 34lbs injectors, 1 5/8" shorties, 5spd converted to 4R70W with Baumann controller, 3.25 9"
A9L running A9P bin via Quarterhorse with LC-1
juiced coupe
Six figures worth of don't give a f*ck
Global Moderator
Big Block

The land mass between New Orleans and Mobile

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2015, 10:18:28 pm »

That's not that much weight. WAY back in high school mechanical design class, they tested a plain stamp steel jack stand.  Kind with 3 height holes and slide in pin.  Rated 1 1/2 tons.  IIRC, it wasn't until at least 10,000 pounds before it started giving.  And the failure was the thru hole in the out tube started stretching downward.

He's got 4 pins.. please... lol

That was just vertical force. When things start getting shaken and slammed around the vehicle, load capacity goes down fast.

Regardless of their design, I'm not sure that I'd trust them with with my 6000# truck on them. Its already trashed a couple lighter duty jacks and jack stands.

Doing more with less, or something like that.
http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,20009.0.html

Quote from: Monte Smith
Bottom line, if it was the hot ticket, the fast guys would do it.............they don't

You might need some Titanium rods and a flow bench!  LMAO on floor

I honestly don't get it.

I'm sweating, my heart is racing, my clutch foot is twichin', and my right arm punched the computer screen doing an involentary 2-3 shift while reading all that. 
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: