Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2018, 11:59:20 am

Login with username, password and session length
TRADER Feedback System
IS NOW AVAILABLE
* SBFTECH Membership Required *
435277 Posts in 37275 Topics by 9537 Members
Latest Member: Mgabski
Search: Advanced search
Advertiser Inquiries
+ My Community
|-+ General Tech
| |-+ Transmissions/Differentials
| | |-+ Automatic Transmissions
| | | |-+ Good C6 Performance Rebuild Kits To Buy
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Good C6 Performance Rebuild Kits To Buy  (Read 4199 times)
chuck90lx
4 Banger

« on: November 29, 2014, 11:21:52 pm »

A couple weeks ago I bought my Dad a 79 Mustang for his birthday, it has an 460 and C6 with transbrake, launch control and all kinds of good s**t already on the car. There was only one issue but the lady I bought it from didn't know exactly what it was with the C6. The tranny fluid wasn't burnt and was already drained when I bought it. The guy she let drive it just said that the tranny wasn't smoked but wouldn't want to use the transbrake before putting new ring or band in the tranny. So we just dropped the tranny and now are going to buy a rebuild kit but not sure whats good, complete and who sells them. I would like to get a kit with all the seals, steels, valve body, and good quality parts too. Almost forgot, there no ID tag, its broken off, but it appears '75 or newer by looking at the pan. It's also got a TCI Super Street Fighter torque converter, Scat SFI flywheel. It was running 11.20-11.40's consistently, seen that with my own eyes. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks, Charlie

Life isn't about arriving at the grave in a well preserved body, you should arrive skidding in sideways, all worn out, screaming "Holy S**t, what a ride!"
al2
Big Block

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 11:39:04 pm »

Broader performance sells rebuild kits and parts. Weatherford TX. Talk to Jay.
chuck90lx
4 Banger

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2014, 08:37:33 pm »

Sweet, thanks!! I will be getting a hold of them. Sorry for the long delay in my response. I work out of town now and don't have computer access or cell coverage while there. We will be disassembling the tranny tonight and tomorrow to check the internals and get casting/part numbers and specifics before calling him. I did find out that it is a C6 produced in 1975 and appears that the 460 we were told it had is probably a 429 bored .030 over. That should still be fast enough for my Dad and his first time racing at 74. Thanks again!! Charlie   

Life isn't about arriving at the grave in a well preserved body, you should arrive skidding in sideways, all worn out, screaming "Holy S**t, what a ride!"
al2
Big Block

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2014, 09:49:55 pm »

(817) 599-9400. Broader Performance. Jay built the C6 in my 68 mustang. I am very happy. You may want to look on 460 Ford forum and 429-460 forum there are some threads there of building a C6 by Frank Merkyl
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: