Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 29, 2020, 02:34:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length
TRADER Feedback System
IS NOW AVAILABLE
* SBFTECH Membership Required *
435311 Posts in 37295 Topics by 9537 Members
Latest Member: Mgabski
Search: Advanced search
Advertiser Inquiries
+ My Community
|-+ Library Tech Library Tech
| |-+ Power and Drivetrain Combos
| | |-+ 289/302 - non-stroker combos
| | | |-+ Problownchilds junk I
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Problownchilds junk I  (Read 48207 times)
Mr.Blue
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2013, 11:48:05 am »

how are you getting them all down to 2900?

Hell, I've always wondered why all of you guys cars were so heavy. My junk is ~2900# with stock K member, A arms, GT front seats, dash internals, and 60# of ballast. Still has carpet, interior/trunk panels, and power windows/locks.

Rocky - you need to use an actual scale. 

^ This..................i've weighed my GT about 4 different times, my AOD hatch 3 times and my coupe was weighed by the previous owner at certified scales Grin

Rodney Tolleson/VP SBFTech van club
juiced coupe
Six figures worth of don't give a f*ck
Global Moderator
Big Block

The land mass between New Orleans and Mobile

« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2013, 12:15:42 pm »

Got bored today and drove over to the local recycle yard and weighed it. 2760# without me (175) or the nitrous bottle (25).

I did. ABC Recycling, scales calibrated daily.

Since then, I've removed the door bars, converted to coilovers, swapped to Drag lights with skinnys, and cut off a few other items that weren't necessary.

Doing more with less, or something like that.
http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,20009.0.html

Quote from: Monte Smith
Bottom line, if it was the hot ticket, the fast guys would do it.............they don't

You might need some Titanium rods and a flow bench!  LMAO on floor

I honestly don't get it.

I'm sweating, my heart is racing, my clutch foot is twichin', and my right arm punched the computer screen doing an involentary 2-3 shift while reading all that. 
David Claflin
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2013, 02:38:56 pm »

Look at that NMRA stance on Mr. Sinister.... Grin

1990 Red LX, 306, 80MM, ported gt40's, ported explorer upper accufab longtubes, 3" exhaust, 4.30's, 336/331
1985 LTD LX 347, 205 11R's, TFS-R, 90MMTB, MAC 1 3/4" longtubes, 4R70W, mach 1 brakes
1988 GT long term project
juiced coupe
Global Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2013, 03:49:14 pm »

Now i've done my part.................i'm ready to read about some other guys track outtings!

I'm beginning to think that we are about the only ones going. Everyone else must be snowed in. Gotta be it.

We are covered up in overtime at work right now. But I'm gonna get back to the track before it gets hot, even if I have to take vacation time to do it.

Bottom line, if it was the hot ticket, the fast guys would do it.............they don't

I honestly don't get it.

I'm sweating, my heart is racing, my clutch foot is twichin', and my right arm punched the computer screen doing an involentary 2-3 shift while reading all that. 
Mr.Blue
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2013, 04:39:46 pm »

Look at that NMRA stance on Mr. Sinister.... Grin

Thats FACTORY STOCK stance mister!

Ready for some red car action! Since you to dont talk smack i have to talk it for ya!

Now i've done my part.................i'm ready to read about some other guys track outtings!

I'm beginning to think that we are about the only ones going. Everyone else must be snowed in. Gotta be it.

We are covered up in overtime at work right now. But I'm gonna get back to the track before it gets hot, even if I have to take vacation time to do it.

Well once atmore opens and between me, David and Micheal we will have close to 10 functioning cars to race? Be able to get some times, vids and pics up to motorvate the sourpusses on here

David Claflin
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2013, 05:04:23 pm »

Ready for some red car action! Since you to dont talk smack i have to talk it for ya!
IN the immortal words of Ward Burton, I'll let what's under the hood do the talking.

1990 Red LX, 306, 80MM, ported gt40's, ported explorer upper accufab longtubes, 3" exhaust, 4.30's, 336/331
1985 LTD LX 347, 205 11R's, TFS-R, 90MMTB, MAC 1 3/4" longtubes, 4R70W, mach 1 brakes
Bam54
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2013, 05:58:22 pm »

We race all most every weekend over here but I think the Northies get tired of me rubbing it in so I try to keep it down this time of year so I don't put them into a deep depression. Unfortunatley I am not racing this weekend in the "lights out race" I have a family commitment on Saturday but i will go watch tomorrow for a little while. The live feed is on now and first round of qualifying is about to start. www.motormaniatv.com

Bam

"Take the horse out of the barn and let her run baby run"

www.ponyexpressracing.com

CHI headed 454 Clevor
9.24@142 1.30 60ft N/A
5.84@117 1.28 60ft N/A
3040lbs race weight
juiced coupe
Global Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2013, 06:06:33 pm »

We race all most every weekend over here

Yea, I thought about you after I posted that. You guys live at the track.

I honestly don't get it.

289nate
"IL BUONO"
Global Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2013, 07:00:19 pm »

The new house and having a 3.5 year old and 5 month old is killing any chance of me doing darn near anything with the car right now.  I've got plenty more excuses.  Just let me know how many you need to get me off the hook.  Embarrassed

\'65 fastback pump gas 289, 4.56 gears, and faceplated T5.  11.123 at 122.4
Problownchild
4 Banger

El Gato Negro aka Mr Sinister

« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2013, 01:28:03 am »

Update.......Atmore outing, first pass Rodney breaks all four studs on left side.....repairs car to the side of the burnout box. I drive el gato negro (Rodney named car), but went on drag radials.....no good, best pass was an 8.02 at 85ish i believe. 60' in the 1.80's (1.89) i believe, next outing on the 9th of June we hope, and the slicks are coming....all in all....the day was a wash, lots of people, more spectators and cars in the pits than racers.....o joy. Track will hook, just need the slicks. David also had his issues....

Garage full of junk going slow.......
Problownchild
4 Banger

El Gato Negro aka Mr Sinister

« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2013, 01:53:33 am »

Blue/Silver.....uh oh.....that don't look good.....

* image.jpg (200.64 KB, 1280x856 - viewed 520 times.)

Garage full of junk going slow.......
juiced coupe
Global Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2013, 04:11:46 am »

Was that Sunday? If so, my MSD box died the same day at Leakesville. Talk about bad luck going around.

I honestly don't get it.

David Claflin
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2013, 04:53:34 pm »

Was that Sunday? If so, my MSD box died the same day at Leakesville. Talk about bad luck going around.
The 18th I think it was, I had a TFI module shit the bed on the way to the track. It was cutting out at the top of every gear, and just didn't have the normal pull it normally does. First pass was an 8.1@84 I think. Similar to best time I'd ran, but down on MPH, next pass was slightly worse, and next was even worse, so didn't even try anymore. Got the new module from Oreilly's, old one was still under warranty, that's number 3 I think in about 15 months. We're going to give it another try June 9th. Hoping for some high 7's out of my pig.

289nate
"IL BUONO"
Global Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2013, 05:34:26 pm »

Blue/Silver.....uh oh.....that don't look good.....

That's one way to get your car to sit lower.   

\'65 fastback pump gas 289, 4.56 gears, and faceplated T5.  11.123 at 122.4
Mr.Blue
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2014, 09:40:30 am »

Just a quick update................Micheal has 4/5 "race/street" cars like me and David and doesnt get to run that much since he's off pirating most of the time but he did get back up to the track and made a few "decent" passes with this car..........7.63@87 was his best and a few high .60's low .70's but it still has some more in it if we can ever get it to the track when its prepped decent and the air is good...........these runs were made around august or so...........

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: