Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 29, 2020, 03:32:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Director PLEASE!!!!
Add your location information to your personal profile. Thanx!
435311 Posts in 37295 Topics by 9537 Members
Latest Member: Mgabski
Search: Advanced search
Advertiser Inquiries
+ My Community
|-+ Library Tech Library Tech
| |-+ Power and Drivetrain Combos
| | |-+ 289/302 - non-stroker combos
| | | |-+ Problownchilds junk I
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Problownchilds junk I  (Read 48214 times)
RunninHorse
Big Block

Órale!

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2013, 02:14:02 pm »

Mr. Blue thanks for taking the time to write that up.  That was very entertaining.  I hope Michael's luck (with your support) continues to prove fruitful. 

I'm Rob.  Working on my '93 Reef Blue coupe.  Stock internal 302, 80 MAF, 75 TB, Victor 5.0, High Ports, 30# inj., B303, 1.6s, Tremec TKO 3550, Quicktime bell, Fidanza Al flywheel, stage 3 ceramic clutch, & 4.10s.  12.68 @ 111.69
'66 F100 shortbed, 352ci, 3 on the tree - on hold
'65 Coupe rolling chassis - on hold
Parts I'm selling: 
Hardened Push Rods - Trick Flow 6.2" .080 - $60
Misc. Fox Body Interior Pieces
mighty mouse
"Prom King Mista Nathan Moonen"
Administrator
Big Block

I'll be the Judge of that

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2013, 02:30:44 pm »

1986 Mustang GT Convertible
Suspension and Differential by Team Z Motorsports
9.5 Deck Forged Stroker Shortblock by FordStrokers
Trick Flow High Ports and Super Vic EFI intake by Duane Busch

I'd rather be a fool who is loyal to his friends than a POS that jumps ship to save face. We were wrong in the end, but nobody can ever call us disloyal. I can live with that.
69 Merc
The Ricer King
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2013, 02:40:09 pm »

Robert's 1969 Mercury Montego (FordStrokers 408W, QFT 850cfm RQ-AN, Super Victor, 1" aluminum open spacer, CamMotion HR .624"/.609" 251*/256* 108* LSA, 1-3/4"x3-1/2" headers, Dynomax Ultra #17224 mufflers, C6/4R100 trans, 8"/9" 5500 converter, Broader Performance manual V/B, 9" 4.56 Detroit Truetrac, Hoosier Pro Street 31x12.5R15 on 10" rims)

The Merc started here = http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,27178.0.html  Now = http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,34648.0.html

Thanks to Jim "Woody" and Nicole Woods @ FordStrokers 408W, Westminster Performance Transmission (W.P.T.) transmissions, TCS Performance converters, Broader Performance valvebodies and last but not least a BIG thanks (always) to my friends here and abroad in the World!
Mr.Blue
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2013, 02:55:57 pm »

I'd also like to take a quick moment and mention a big THANKS! to David for the TPS diagnosis.........it may have never run with me working on it! Hey, i'm a driver not a mechanic!

Also point out that Micheal is a great sport about all the teasing i give him and has a great sense of humor! He's also much better at completing projects that i am and i dont want anyone to think he's some kind of dummy or anything reading that bit of drivel i posted...........he did a great job in the car sunday (better than me lol) and his "missed" shift was actually the handle had worked its way loose ...........he still slipped it in but it was a throw away pass..........

Me or Micheal will keep this updated as the car hits the strip.....................did i mention he has a AOD coupe driver/racer (smoke) and a newly purchased 5spd. coupe DD (homewrecker)? Nevermind the procharged heap.........i'll get some info on the other cars and maybe he'll post up...........the AOD car makes me sick what it runs lightly modded Cry

Now i've done my part.................i'm ready to read about some other guys track outtings!

The boys all lined up...............
Mr Sinister
Homewrecker
Smoke

Rodney Tolleson/VP SBFTech van club
David Claflin
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2013, 03:09:58 pm »

He's a big boy, and there's no shortage of smack talking and chops busting going on when we all get together.  Spt at PC
Maybe when he buys a chip to use in Mr. Sinister he'll pickup another one for the light grey coupe.

1990 Red LX, 306, 80MM, ported gt40's, ported explorer upper accufab longtubes, 3" exhaust, 4.30's, 336/331
1985 LTD LX 347, 205 11R's, TFS-R, 90MMTB, MAC 1 3/4" longtubes, 4R70W, mach 1 brakes
1988 GT long term project
Mr.Blue
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2013, 03:16:22 pm »

Lol.............thats true............

The code we live by! and yes thats on my car lol...........

289nate
"IL BUONO"
Global Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2013, 07:05:41 pm »

Rodney, you forgot to tell him cars with that nice of paint will never run right at the track.  Sand through some of the clear coat on the hood, roof, and trunk.  He'll pick up a tenth.   Wink

\'65 fastback pump gas 289, 4.56 gears, and faceplated T5.  11.123 at 122.4
jayh
Big Block

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2013, 07:33:42 pm »

the AOD car makes me sick what it runs lightly modded Cry
whats it run?

425" pump gas 6.2@110
Mr.Blue
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2013, 07:29:51 am »

'87/88 LX coupe a/c p/s p/w AOD

mods:
150,000 miles
bumped timing
iced intake
homemade ram-air
short belt
65mm tb
exploder intake
razin carank pulley
electric fan
unequal shorties/2-1/2 h/flowbastard catback
100 year old PI stall
shift kit
4.10's
strange struts/shocks
draglite skinnies/10 holes with 275/50 DR's

front sway bar gone and the passenger/rear seats were out because he carried his tires up there and needed the room..............everything else is stock..........drove 160+ miles one way........

8.13@84+

And thats it shifting itself...........not even sure where it shifts at........it also spit out a few more teens the same day............looking to throw some gt40's on it and sneak a 7.99 out of it in good weather.......

Car now has a real tach in it to start getting some info and whittle the ETs down..........we got to many cars we race lol..........

Mr.Blue
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2013, 07:33:17 am »

Rodney, you forgot to tell him cars with that nice of paint will never run right at the track.  Sand through some of the clear coat on the hood, roof, and trunk.  He'll pick up a tenth.   Wink

Spt at PC.....................whats funny is he whipped out the shammy (no lie!) and meguiars spray and started wiping it down when we got to the track sunday...................yeah, you can imagine what i said

289nate
"IL BUONO"
Global Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2013, 11:11:03 am »

Spt at PC.....................whats funny is he whipped out the shammy (no lie!) and meguiars spray and started wiping it down when we got to the track sunday...................yeah, you can imagine what i said

Well now we know why the two of you were missing shifts.  Must have got some of that spray shine on your car when you weren't looking. 

\'65 fastback pump gas 289, 4.56 gears, and faceplated T5.  11.123 at 122.4
jayh
Big Block

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2013, 08:09:01 am »

do all these cars have built rearends?

how are you getting them all down to 2900?

425" pump gas 6.2@110
Mr.Blue
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2013, 08:27:32 am »

do all these cars have built rearends?

Black GT has 31 spline trac-loc/axles
Grey AOD has stock stuff
My blue coupe has 31 spline trac-loc/aftermarket hardened street axles with c-clip elims
My blu/silv GT has the same as the coupe but with a spool
My AOD hatch has stock stuff..........

Just the basic stuff to lighten them.........no HVAC, manual steering, sound deadner, fiberglass or 4cyl. seats...a few of them have k-members etc. etc..............

juiced coupe
Six figures worth of don't give a f*ck
Global Moderator
Big Block

The land mass between New Orleans and Mobile

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2013, 10:32:32 am »

Hell, I've always wondered why all of you guys cars were so heavy. My junk is ~2900# with stock K member, A arms, GT front seats, dash internals, and 60# of ballast. Still has carpet, interior/trunk panels, and power windows/locks.

Doing more with less, or something like that.
http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,20009.0.html

Quote from: Monte Smith
Bottom line, if it was the hot ticket, the fast guys would do it.............they don't

You might need some Titanium rods and a flow bench!  LMAO on floor

I honestly don't get it.

I'm sweating, my heart is racing, my clutch foot is twichin', and my right arm punched the computer screen doing an involentary 2-3 shift while reading all that. 
mighty mouse
"Prom King Mista Nathan Moonen"
Administrator
Big Block

I'll be the Judge of that

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2013, 11:14:11 am »

Hell, I've always wondered why all of you guys cars were so heavy. My junk is ~2900# with stock K member, A arms, GT front seats, dash internals, and 60# of ballast. Still has carpet, interior/trunk panels, and power windows/locks.

Rocky - you need to use an actual scale.  You cant just guess at the weight of your car...  I have a photo somewhere of what my vert weighed stock.  I also have a photo somewhere after I took a ton of crap off and out.  The lightest its been (that I verified on a calibrated scale) with me in it was 3620#

1986 Mustang GT Convertible
Suspension and Differential by Team Z Motorsports
9.5 Deck Forged Stroker Shortblock by FordStrokers
Trick Flow High Ports and Super Vic EFI intake by Duane Busch

I'd rather be a fool who is loyal to his friends than a POS that jumps ship to save face. We were wrong in the end, but nobody can ever call us disloyal. I can live with that.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: