Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2018, 01:50:56 am

Login with username, password and session length
435164 Posts in 37251 Topics by 9534 Members
Latest Member: 88_GT
Search: Advanced search
Advertiser Inquiries
+ SBFTECH.com Experienced Small Block Ford Tech
|-+ Membership Tech
| |-+ Projects Under Construction
| | |-+ 93 LX project
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 93 LX project  (Read 25841 times)
servo765
SBFTechie
6 Banger

« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2016, 03:13:40 pm »

Got my heads mocked up this morning.  It ended up liking 6.800 (8.2 deck/"old" style Trick Flow 205s) using a converted stock lifter.  That leaves me with 6.750 pushrods to accomodate the Morel linkbar lifters.  I also need to clearance the back of the rockers ("new" style Ultra Gold 1.6s) since the pushrods are either binding or very close.  Roll-out pattern in the marker on the top of the valves was larger than I expected at .055ish

here to learn
servo765
SBFTechie
6 Banger

« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2016, 10:46:39 am »

I am closing in on the finish line!

Can anyone recommend a clutch and flywheel?  Tremec 3550, street car, hoping to be in the 450-475 hp range when its up and running.  I am unable to reuse any of my old stuff since it is all at 50oz.  Not sure if i need to make the jump to a billet/SFI flywheel and so on.  Kind of eyeballing the Ford Performance billet flywheel at $235.  No idea where to land for clutches. 

* IMG_20161230_103859068.jpg (4851.45 KB, 5344x3006 - viewed 101 times.)

here to learn
juiced coupe
Six figures worth of don't give a f*ck
Global Moderator
Big Block

The land mass between New Orleans and Mobile

« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2016, 02:19:55 pm »

Nice, well organized shop.

And I thought my OCD was bad.  Grin

Doing more with less, or something like that.
http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,20009.0.html

Quote from: Monte Smith
Bottom line, if it was the hot ticket, the fast guys would do it.............they don't

You might need some Titanium rods and a flow bench!  LMAO on floor

I honestly don't get it.

I'm sweating, my heart is racing, my clutch foot is twichin', and my right arm punched the computer screen doing an involentary 2-3 shift while reading all that. 
servo765
SBFTechie
6 Banger

« Reply #63 on: December 31, 2016, 09:19:27 am »

Nice, well organized shop.

And I thought my OCD was bad.  Grin

haha, I tell myself it makes it easier to pack-move-unpack since I move every 2-3 years, but I'm pretty sure that's just rationalizing.  The white paint does keep crappy rental garages a little brighter though.

Happy New Years to everyone!

here to learn
servo765
SBFTechie
6 Banger

« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2017, 09:40:05 pm »

I am traveling for work until tomorrow... but... Bolt the hood back on, prime the oil system, stab the distributor, set float levels, and turn the key!    Considering I bought the DIY 347 from Woody almost four years ago, it will be nice to have my car on the road again.

I picked the project up in earnest in October and started over from square one with mic'ing the crank.  It took me four months of nights and weekends to do what I assume people do in a long weekend, but some projects go like that.  I didnt cut any corners with pre-assembly or assembly that I know of and got a hell of an education from SBFBuilding.

FS DIY 347
Stock Roller Block
Scat cast 3.400 crank @28 oz
Scat 5.400 I beams
4.030 Probe SRS pistons
Custom Woody Cam
Woody's TFS Twisted Wedge 205s
1.6 Ultra Golds
Morel Link Bars
OOTB RPM Air Gap
ProSystems 780cfm 4150
7qt Moroso pan
Powerbond balancer
SA Gear timing set w/ bearing
MSD Billet Vac/Mech Advance, 6AL
BBK Shorties to 2.5" exhaust ( )
FRPP Billet Flywheel/10.4" Centerforce DF Clutch
Tremec 3550
4.10 gears
LX Foxbody, full street trim.

It's kind of a cookie cutter build, but it should be an absolute riot for a street car.  Four years ago I wanted to go as fast as possible.  Now I just hope it doesn't grenade during break-in and hope it lasts long enough for me to work through the small stuff, get the suspension right, and have some fun.

*Desperately needs longtubes and 3" exhaust but I am out of money for now.  In my perfect world, I put the longtubes in while installing a Team Z front kit.

1. Anybody have a decent set of headers and X/H pipe for sale?
2. Can anyone point me toward a link or some advice for making A/C work after a carb swap?  If that is a bridge too far, I will re-work my accessories and shed a few more pounds, and then just kill myself in May.

here to learn
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: