Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2018, 11:22:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length
435277 Posts in 37275 Topics by 9537 Members
Latest Member: Mgabski
Search: Advanced search
Advertiser Inquiries
+ My Community
|-+ Off-Topic Bullshittin'
| |-+ Pics Pics and Videos Videos
| | |-+ Super Crew Sub/Amp/Eq
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Super Crew Sub/Amp/Eq  (Read 11593 times)
juiced coupe
Six figures worth of don't give a f*ck
Global Moderator
Big Block

The land mass between New Orleans and Mobile

« on: September 06, 2012, 07:56:30 pm »

Here is a under seat installation of a 10" sub, 4 channel amp, and crossover/equalizer in my truck. I thought some might be interested, mainly as to how much could be fitted under the small seat.

If anyone is going to try this, be aware that I had to strip the seat and build internal brackets to mount the amp and eq too.

And yes, I know its all dirty. I have a limestone driveway and haven't cleaned my truck up yet.

* F-150 Audio 001.JPG (282.67 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 404 times.)

* F-150 Audio 002.JPG (218.15 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 379 times.)

Doing more with less, or something like that.
http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,20009.0.html

Quote from: Monte Smith
Bottom line, if it was the hot ticket, the fast guys would do it.............they don't

You might need some Titanium rods and a flow bench!  LMAO on floor

I honestly don't get it.

I'm sweating, my heart is racing, my clutch foot is twichin', and my right arm punched the computer screen doing an involentary 2-3 shift while reading all that. 
347HO
A-1 Super Genious / Director of Maintenance
Section Moderator
Big Block

I believe they landed on the moon.

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 07:58:32 pm »

Pretty nifty!

... it was REALLY revving at like 4K...
If I saw that thing in my rear view Im pulling over to let you by, I be scared of that thing Huh? i dont know wich car is uglier ur or mine?
Javier
Ugly?  Easy now -- that's my baby and it's got lots of unique character!  When I drop that built 445" stroker in it you won't have any time to "pull over to let me pass" because I'll have already blown past you when you figure out what the hell was that loud noise behind you . . .  
liljoe07
"Gentleman Joe"
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

Feed your MILD side

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 08:08:48 pm »

Full length or Low Profile Sub? That's a down fire box correct?

89 Coupe:
347- Canfield 195's, Holley Systemax II, Jones Cam, 3" Exhaust, 3" Spintechs, QuarterHorse, BE/EA

Well since you friggin disagree with every damn suggestion, just rebuild the piece of shit.
juiced coupe
Global Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 08:37:46 pm »

Full length or Low Profile Sub? That's a down fire box correct?

Its a standard Pioneer sub. I looked at some subs that were too deep or had magnet structures that were too large. I had planned to use a Pioneer or JL from the start, they have excellent output with lower power.

That box is a up-fire, with woofer recess. Probox makes both. I picked that one up used from a local audio shop for $60, less than half price.

Bottom line, if it was the hot ticket, the fast guys would do it.............they don't

I honestly don't get it.

I'm sweating, my heart is racing, my clutch foot is twichin', and my right arm punched the computer screen doing an involentary 2-3 shift while reading all that. 
347HO
Section Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, 08:52:10 pm »

I really like the cross-over and amp install, but I want something that does not sit on the floor like that.  I need that space when the seat is up which is most of the time.
The doors are pretty fat in my F150...   wondering of there is someone who makes something plug and play for that?

If I saw that thing in my rear view Im pulling over to let you by, I be scared of that thing Huh? i dont know wich car is uglier ur or mine?
Javier
Ugly?  Easy now -- that's my baby and it's got lots of unique character!  When I drop that built 445" stroker in it you won't have any time to "pull over to let me pass" because I'll have already blown past you when you figure out what the hell was that loud noise behind you . . .  
liljoe07
"Gentleman Joe"
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

Feed your MILD side

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2012, 08:56:20 pm »

Yeah Pioneers have a pretty high sensitivity level. Have one that I swear sounds better by itself than the two Memphis 12s I have now. But part of that may be my box for the Memphis isn't the right size. I only asked about the Low Profile sub, because I have two of those. And i could never get a good sound out of them even in the correct size enclosure. Im looking for a box I could use under my seat delete. And it looks like that box may work.  Wonder, Ponder

89 Coupe:
347- Canfield 195's, Holley Systemax II, Jones Cam, 3" Exhaust, 3" Spintechs, QuarterHorse, BE/EA

Well since you friggin disagree with every damn suggestion, just rebuild the piece of shit.
juiced coupe
Global Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2012, 09:06:13 pm »

Yeah Pioneers have a pretty high sensitivity level. Have one that I swear sounds better by itself than the two Memphis 12s I have now. But part of that may be my box for the Memphis isn't the right size. I only asked about the Low Profile sub, because I have two of those. And i could never get a good sound out of them even in the correct size enclosure. Im looking for a box I could use under my seat delete. And it looks like that box may work.  Wonder, Ponder

I had to add some poly-fil to get the sound where I wanted. At first, it was flat on low notes. The Audio Control EQX also helps getting the sound right.

I have heard that many low profile subs cant match the output of standard subs. Could be surface area or the fact that the flatter cone isn't as stiff.

That box looks odd when outside the truck. Its formed to the floor.

I honestly don't get it.

juiced coupe
Global Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2012, 09:10:22 pm »

I really like the cross-over and amp install, but I want something that does not sit on the floor like that.  I need that space when the seat is up which is most of the time.
The doors are pretty fat in my F150...   wondering of there is someone who makes something plug and play for that?

There are other options.

I have seen a few that add to or replace part of the console.

There is also some space behind the seat. I have seen people cut the trim panel and build amp racks back there. Maybe one or two compact subs could be fitted, like these:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_20611HS8/Kicker-11HS8.html?tp=114

I honestly don't get it.

liljoe07
"Gentleman Joe"
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

Feed your MILD side

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2012, 09:13:04 pm »

If I get another sub it will be a JL. But their latest 12s are EXPENSIVE!

89 Coupe:

347HO
Section Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2012, 09:21:10 pm »

There are other options.

I have seen a few that add to or replace part of the console.

There is also some space behind the seat. I have seen people cut the trim panel and build amp racks back there. Maybe one or two compact subs could be fitted, like these:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_20611HS8/Kicker-11HS8.html?tp=114
I'll look into some options you're talking about.
Just seems the sound quality will be not so good with the inability to move air with such a flat box.
I don't need anything that rattles my shit...  but it's nice to have the  windows down, driving on the highway and still hear the music and feel the hit of the lows.

Javier
juiced coupe
Global Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2012, 09:21:31 pm »

If I get another sub it will be a JL. But their latest 12s are EXPENSIVE!

Oh yea. I've always been a fan of their cheaper subs like the W0s and W1s. Bad ass subs for the money and excellent output.

I have also had good luck with Infinity Kappas. Kickers sound good but need plenty of power.

I honestly don't get it.

juiced coupe
Global Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2012, 09:31:10 pm »

Dana, I don't know if you can find anywhere to mount fit one, but these are awesome. I heard two of theme in a car and was flat out amazed at the sound from that small box. I mean like, dumbfounded.

http://www.jlaudio.com/cp108lg-w3v3-car-audio-microsub-subwoofer-systems-93133

I honestly don't get it.

95GTspeeddemon
Big Block

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2012, 09:36:12 pm »

i love my probox, but mine is MASSIVE.
big ol 12in ported. i think they guy said its tuned for like 30hz.

95gt, stock forged 302 shirtblock, canfield 195's, canfield efi intake; efi sheetmetal elbow, xe258 (208/216 .550), 90mm accufab TB, 69mm gt45, 3in cold side, a/a intercooler, water injection, ba5000 maf, 80lb injectors, moates quarterhorse, stock manifold modified & a log manifold, twin 2in up pipes, 60mm wg, 3.5 dp dumped, 14psi, 3.27s, solid bushing rear upper/lower team z suspension, team z tubular k member and A arms, front coil overs with strange 10 way all the way around. TKO600, stock flywheel, ram replacement pressure plate and kevlar/organic disc. 450rwhp 12.39 @ 123.5mph 3400lbs
347HO
Section Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2012, 11:02:38 pm »

Dana, I don't know if you can find anywhere to mount fit one, but these are awesome. I heard two of theme in a car and was flat out amazed at the sound from that small box. I mean like, dumbfounded.

http://www.jlaudio.com/cp108lg-w3v3-car-audio-microsub-subwoofer-systems-93133
LOL...  I'm going to make some measurements!
There's gotta be a space for these li'l things.

Javier
juiced coupe
Global Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2014, 09:33:45 pm »

Ran across this and thought I should update it.

Replaced the Pioneer sub with a Kicker Comp. A real Comp, not one of the re-badged Impulses that Walmart sells.

The Kicker doesn't have the overall output of the Pioneer, but is MUCH more stable on low notes. So much so, I was able to recover much of the output with the EQ while retaining the better low notes.

Also got some pics of the doors. Two way Rockford Fosgate 6X8s in each door along with RF tweets in the front.

* front.jpg (53.83 KB, 955x537 - viewed 209 times.)

* back.jpg (35.75 KB, 955x537 - viewed 199 times.)

I honestly don't get it.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: