Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2019, 06:13:44 am

Login with username, password and session length
Team Z Motorsports
Tech Section
* SBFTECH Membership Required *
435293 Posts in 37285 Topics by 9537 Members
Latest Member: Mgabski
Search: Advanced search
Advertiser Inquiries
+ My Community
|-+ General Tech
| |-+ Forced Induction
| | |-+ Turbos
| | | |-+ How much boost
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How much boost  (Read 3239 times)
thewestie
Small Block

« on: July 18, 2012, 08:53:05 pm »

Im rolling the idea of a turbo around in my head. I know little to nothing about setting up a system. I have short term and long term goals. First car is a turbocoupe swaped to a stock bottom end 94 f350 5.8 botom end with 9 to 1 comp. I can't imaging with cast pistons and tight rings I cant hit it to hard with boost. Later good aftermarket block and megasquirt. Now blowthrough and factory. Currently 310 HP rwhp with turbo would like to add another 100 to 150 on this set up and with new set up turn it up and do some rolling burnouts:
I don't even know if the platform I have can handle the initial boost without damage.
Thanks

87 Thunderbird Turbocoupe. 5.8 swap from a rusty plow truck with a five speed
mighty mouse
"Prom King Mista Nathan Moonen"
Administrator
Big Block

I'll be the Judge of that

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 10:41:07 am »

It can be done.  The 94 351w's had Hyper pistons if memory serves, which are better than straight cast pistons (and are actually pretty damn good for stock pistons).

With 9:1 compression, if the cam timing is good (like a stock HO roller cam), you could put some decent boost through it on pump gas.

Get a decent buzz box (Mallory makes a good one) and a 3 bar MAP so you can pull timing with increased boost.  Also get a boost referenced FPR to add fuel with increased boost.

What are your goals here?  Just to add some power?  What is the rest of your combo?

1986 Mustang GT Convertible
Suspension and Differential by Team Z Motorsports
9.5 Deck Forged Stroker Shortblock by FordStrokers
Trick Flow High Ports and Super Vic EFI intake by Duane Busch

I'd rather be a fool who is loyal to his friends than a POS that jumps ship to save face. We were wrong in the end, but nobody can ever call us disloyal. I can live with that.
thewestie
Small Block

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 04:57:45 pm »

My short term goal is add some more power and run11.49 I don't want to put in a cage Im 6'6 and 300 lbs and can't see it being easy getting in and out. But some day with after market block and fuel infection it would be nice to turn up the boost and run a 10.99 and get asked to leave the track Smiley. Car is mostly street I enjoy the car It's my first fast car I was intimidated by it at first and now I want more. It goes (in my mind) a respectful 13.01 at 109 mph with a 2.0 60' on 225/60/16 street tires.  The motors backed by a TKO 600 with a stock 3.73 8.8.  I have a 31 spline built 8.8 with 3.73 sitting in the garage for the five lug swap. A friend who is a professional at building motors said he can convert my 750 HP to blow thru and lock my MSD probillit. I have a 255 lph pump and 3/8 feed and return.

87 Thunderbird Turbocoupe. 5.8 swap from a rusty plow truck with a five speed
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: