Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 29, 2020, 03:26:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length
435311 Posts in 37295 Topics by 9537 Members
Latest Member: Mgabski
Search: Advanced search
Advertiser Inquiries
+ My Community
|-+ Library Tech Library Tech
| |-+ Power and Drivetrain Combos
| | |-+ 289/302 - non-stroker combos
| | | |-+ Not a proven combo, just my junk...............III
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Not a proven combo, just my junk...............III  (Read 25924 times)
Mr.Blue
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2013, 11:03:53 am »

Pic of this junk after i bought it............damn dummy cones always run these pics lol
 Another right after i got it.............David in the background (yellow shirt)

Me whoopin it with my GT when my buddy owned it! Stock motor GT kickin it  whoo hooo!

And the poor old short bus, blue lug nutz FTW!.....................I miss you buddy!!!!

Rodney Tolleson/VP SBFTech van club
289nate
"IL BUONO"
Global Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2013, 11:22:30 am »

You're serious about your ram air on the shiney car!  Nice pictures of your cars coming out of the hole. 

\'65 fastback pump gas 289, 4.56 gears, and faceplated T5.  11.123 at 122.4
David Claflin
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2013, 11:42:39 am »

You're serious about your ram air on the shiney car!  Nice pictures of your cars coming out of the hole. 
That ram air helps,w e've found putting a box around the air filter after pulling the headlight out helps too. ON the datalogs it shows a load of 130 and up depending which car it is, that's supercharger territory. Wink

1990 Red LX, 306, 80MM, ported gt40's, ported explorer upper accufab longtubes, 3" exhaust, 4.30's, 336/331
1985 LTD LX 347, 205 11R's, TFS-R, 90MMTB, MAC 1 3/4" longtubes, 4R70W, mach 1 brakes
1988 GT long term project
Mr.Blue
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2013, 01:30:11 pm »

I've had a few people look in that hole.............not sure what they thought they were gonna find...........that ram-air has made the rounds, it was originally on the GT and here's a pic of it on my AOD car.........I KNOW! I KNOW! Racing it's like kissing an ugly sister but i got it in my last divorce! I've got most of the parts to stick it but keep buying other junk Hmmmmm

juiced coupe
Six figures worth of don't give a f*ck
Global Moderator
Big Block

The land mass between New Orleans and Mobile

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2013, 03:44:44 pm »

And the poor old short bus, blue lug nutz FTW!.....................I miss you buddy!!!!

OMG, that reminds me of a 80' that I had in high school. Mine was dark cordovan, which was closer to turd brown by the mid 90s. Had space savers up front with 10 holes on the back.

Doing more with less, or something like that.
http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,20009.0.html

Quote from: Monte Smith
Bottom line, if it was the hot ticket, the fast guys would do it.............they don't

You might need some Titanium rods and a flow bench!  LMAO on floor

I honestly don't get it.

I'm sweating, my heart is racing, my clutch foot is twichin', and my right arm punched the computer screen doing an involentary 2-3 shift while reading all that. 
David Claflin
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2013, 05:44:53 pm »

OMG, that reminds me of a 80' that I had in high school. Mine was dark cordovan, which was closer to turd brown by the mid 90s. Had space savers up front with 10 holes on the back.
I'll bet you never had a cockroach fall out of it when you opened the door just as you were explaining what a POS it was, or had the brake shoes ziptied together when the self-adjuster failed so you could keep racing.   

1990 Red LX, 306, 80MM, ported gt40's, ported explorer upper accufab longtubes, 3" exhaust, 4.30's, 336/331
1985 LTD LX 347, 205 11R's, TFS-R, 90MMTB, MAC 1 3/4" longtubes, 4R70W, mach 1 brakes
1988 GT long term project
289nate
"IL BUONO"
Global Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2013, 05:53:27 pm »

I'll bet you never had a cockroach fall out of it when you opened the door just as you were explaining what a POS it was, or had the brake shoes ziptied together when the self-adjuster failed so you could keep racing.   

Spt at PC  You guys need a reality show on the speed network.  It would be a hit!

juiced coupe
Six figures worth of don't give a f*ck
Global Moderator
Big Block

The land mass between New Orleans and Mobile

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2013, 06:30:52 pm »

Nah, no roaches. For some reason, my cars tend to attract squirrels and wasps.

No zip tied brakes, but I have had to get creative. Last time I was at Mobile, I broke my tach mount while reaching through the window for the keys. I tied it down with a 10' long ratchet strap. Then I made a 6.13 pass like that.  Smiley

Doing more with less, or something like that.
http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,20009.0.html

Quote from: Monte Smith
Bottom line, if it was the hot ticket, the fast guys would do it.............they don't

You might need some Titanium rods and a flow bench!  LMAO on floor

I honestly don't get it.

I'm sweating, my heart is racing, my clutch foot is twichin', and my right arm punched the computer screen doing an involentary 2-3 shift while reading all that. 
Mr.Blue
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2013, 08:17:47 am »

When i brought it in the garage to be "lightened" up a mouse jumped out and my cat (pinkabutt) chased it out in the yard and back in the garage....yep, it got kilt..........i also didnt wash it on purpose as a joke and it looked like a hobo car...............thought it would run 8.50's lol...........Track owners wife saw it in staging and walked over, ran her finger down the hood, looked at it and muttered "perfect...."...........it was also labled as an AUDI by the ET shack girl because of the square headlights lol.......

First pass.................
http://www.streetfire.net/video/the-short-bus-makes-its-debut_687409.htm

Stock '88 5.0
razin carank pulley
elec. fan
performer 289 intake
600 holley dp
msd dizzy/box
stock HO headers
2-1/2 hpipe/flobastards/turndowns
stock t5/clutch
3.73/8.8
skinnies/26x9 hoosiers
all stock 1981 suspension lol

This thing was light but did have stock front seat/dash/interior panels and carpet.............i really regret getting rid of it, it was alot of fun Cry

Mr.Blue
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2013, 02:20:50 pm »

Just another shameless picture..............cant wait for our new/old 1/8th. track to open!!!

Mr.Blue
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2015, 10:36:41 am »

Well i've had this thing to the track a few times since the last post and crushed the 3/4 inserts in the tranny....got that fixed and decided to make a few hits while the van is down and one of my other projects wasnt quite ready to go......................Showed up at the track and it looked like a garage sale had broken out...........

like dueling banjos from deliverance Naughty

Anyway it was pretty uneventful...........i had old wore out hoosiers and didnt expect much on the '60 really needed to just get back in the seat of a stick car...............

Made 10 passes.........7.39/.37/.35/.38/.38/.42/.34/.36/.44/.49......all at 93+ except for 2 92's when it bogged..........which it either spun or bogged as i was foolin around on the line, tried the 2 step a few times etc etc..................and that was in a 2-1/2 hr time period...almost like a track rental

Best thing was i had a lot of fun, hung out with friends, didnt break anything and missed no gears...at least in my car......cant say the same for the 2 hits i made in Davids car

289nate
"IL BUONO"
Global Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2015, 11:54:22 am »

Sounds like you had a great time. 

I'm curious about the new project. Wonder, Ponder

Mr.Blue
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2015, 12:27:53 pm »

I'm curious about the new project. Wonder, Ponder

Just more budget garbage....................i'll hopefully post it up after this sundays festivities at the track lol

And i have ANOTHER project that i'm about to get started on..........hopefully

thunderjet302
Big Block

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2015, 06:15:22 pm »

Man that Van could use a B303 cam  Wink

1988 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp Magnum 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, Edelbrock 70mm TB, 80mm PMAS slot MAF, 30lb injectors, FMS stainless shorties, 2.5" exhaust, AOD with 2800 PI converter, 8.8 with 3.73 gears, 31 spline Traction-Lok, 31 spline Moser axles, subframes.
2011 Focus SE, 2012 Mustang 3.7, 2017 Honda Accord EX-L V6
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: