Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 01, 2020, 12:37:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Team Z Motorsports
Tech Section
* SBFTECH Membership Required *
435311 Posts in 37295 Topics by 9537 Members
Latest Member: Mgabski
Search: Advanced search
Advertiser Inquiries
+ My Community
|-+ Library Tech Library Tech
| |-+ Power and Drivetrain Combos
| | |-+ 289/302 - non-stroker combos
| | | |-+ Not a proven combo, just my junk...............III
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Not a proven combo, just my junk...............III  (Read 25942 times)
Mr.Blue
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« on: July 17, 2012, 11:48:32 am »

Provided by: Rodney Tolleson/1988 SSP LX Coupe

01. Block
Displacement: 302
CR: stock

02. Heads
Brand: FORD
Model: GT-40
Ported?: No

03. Camshaft (If the camshaft is custom, NOT providing this information is understandable, and NOT expected)
Brand: FORD MOTORSPORT
Grind Number/Model: B-303
Int./Exh. Duration @.050": 224/224
Int./Exh. Lift: 480/480
Lobe Separation Angle: 107/117

04. Induction
Carbureted/EFI: Fuelie
Intake: Holley
Carb/Injector Size: 30lb.
Throttle Body Size: 75mm
Mass Air Size: 80mm Pro-M

05. Tuner: David Claflin

06. Exhaust
Style:  Long tube/BBK
Diameter: 1-5/8
Catted: no
"X" or "H": none
Mufflers: Bullet 2-1/2

07. Power Adder:

08. Transmission
Manual/Auto: Man-stick
Model: Pro-Motion WC/T5 syncro'd
Plate/Clutch: FORD MOTORSPORT
Converter Stall:

09. Gears
Style: Motorsport
Ratio: 4.56
Differential Style: 8.8/TRac-Loc

10. Rear Suspension Setup: Steeda solid upper/lowers/50-50 shocks

11. Front Suspension Setup: Unknown k-mem/arms/CO's/Lakewood struts

12. Tires: 26 goodyear FR's/Hoosier 26x10 slicks

13. Car Weight: 2800 race weight

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Time Slip:

60ft: 1.44
330ft:
1/8th ET: 7.06
1/8th MPH: 95.7
1/4 ET:
1/4 MPH:
Dyno Data:

FWHP: 
FWTQ:
RWHP:
RWTQ:

COMMENTS/OBSERVATIONS:
Bought this car from a buddy in march of 2011...........he had ran a best of 7.64@86ish and i always thought it had ALOT more in it.........changed from a 4.30 to .56, dropped the h-pipe and flobastard catback off and bolted on the bullets, dropped a 100lbs. out of it, added the Pro-M and 30's and me and David whittled it down to its current best but still have a few things to do:)...........just a fun junker

Oh yeah.............itz gotz a racin carank pulley!

Rodney Tolleson/VP SBFTech van club
Mr.Blue
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 11:56:46 am »

Drove 135 miles one way in 100 degree heat to run it the other day.........it was hot as hell! Made 10 hits missed 4th. twice (dumbass driver) and ran between 7.25-.30 on the other 8............here's a vid of a slow POS with a numbnut driving it for anyone who cares...........and the silicate water was working great ...WWHHEEEE!!!:wtf:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j13lmD67QdI

289nate
"IL BUONO"
Global Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 12:07:21 am »

Impressive as always.  I'm hoping I can start shifting like that with my higher rpm combo and the new faceplates gear conversion I did to my t5.

Silicate water. LOL

\'65 fastback pump gas 289, 4.56 gears, and faceplated T5.  11.123 at 122.4
blk-sunshine
Big Block

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 10:33:01 pm »

Rodney,

Thank you for creating this thread. I have always enjoyed reading about your testing efforts and watching the videos you have posted. This car is also haulin too. Great job, it takes a lot to wring that performance out of them. Keep up the work, thanks for the updates.
juiced coupe
Six figures worth of don't give a f*ck
Global Moderator
Big Block

The land mass between New Orleans and Mobile

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 11:35:29 pm »

After seeing this car run earlier this year, I wanted to walk over and kick the hell out of mine.

They have that thing flying, and that nut behind the wheel gets it done. I think he's been drinking the silicate water.  Hmmmmm

Doing more with less, or something like that.
http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,20009.0.html

Quote from: Monte Smith
Bottom line, if it was the hot ticket, the fast guys would do it.............they don't

You might need some Titanium rods and a flow bench!  LMAO on floor

I honestly don't get it.

I'm sweating, my heart is racing, my clutch foot is twichin', and my right arm punched the computer screen doing an involentary 2-3 shift while reading all that. 
mxracer652
I'm Brendan, not Brandon!
Big Block

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, 06:56:25 am »

7.06!?!?!     Aw yeah racin' carank pully!!!!

86 LTD wagon, stock longblock 302 & 70mm turbo
95 Ranger + 302/362 + 4 link
http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,26347.0.html
David Claflin
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2012, 07:18:38 am »

There's more to come on this thing, he's got another project car that is going to set new standardness in the oddball category, but will run like the others.

1990 Red LX, 306, 80MM, ported gt40's, ported explorer upper accufab longtubes, 3" exhaust, 4.30's, 336/331
1985 LTD LX 347, 205 11R's, TFS-R, 90MMTB, MAC 1 3/4" longtubes, 4R70W, mach 1 brakes
1988 GT long term project
jayh
Big Block

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 10:04:48 am »

those are regular iron gt40's?

425" pump gas 6.2@110
juiced coupe
Six figures worth of don't give a f*ck
Global Moderator
Big Block

The land mass between New Orleans and Mobile

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2012, 03:27:50 pm »

those are regular iron gt40's?

Yes.

Doing more with less, or something like that.
http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,20009.0.html

Quote from: Monte Smith
Bottom line, if it was the hot ticket, the fast guys would do it.............they don't

You might need some Titanium rods and a flow bench!  LMAO on floor

I honestly don't get it.

I'm sweating, my heart is racing, my clutch foot is twichin', and my right arm punched the computer screen doing an involentary 2-3 shift while reading all that. 
eckertd
Big Block

Fibonacci: It's as easy as 1, 1, 2, 3, ...

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2012, 03:57:46 pm »

Amazing for "just a fun junker."   Got my POS more than covered in the 1/8th

Great job!

jayh
Big Block

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2012, 05:25:55 pm »

There's more to come on this thing, he's got another project car that is going to set new standardness in the oddball category, but will run like the others.

what is it?

425" pump gas 6.2@110
Mr.Blue
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2012, 03:24:50 pm »

what is it?

Lol............its a secret Wink.......nothing odd about it, Davids just stirring the pot lol..........but on a serious note, as i posted in Davids thread i drove it to the track and it's had a niggling "flat" spot thru 3rd. gear for awhile that i need to figure out. With our local track closed its hard for me to get as many trips to really work on the problem and it runs fine, ran a bunch of .20's yeaterday but it should have been in the teens with the perceived weather we had bbuuttt thats why we test right? Probably going to take it to mobile fri. (600ft. track) and try to fiddle with it a little rather than just beating the tar out of it like normal lol............

On a side note i actually brought my GT back out and tagged/insured it and raced it friday after sitting in the warehouse for a year lol...........best pass was 1.47/6.59@94.7 (600ft.).........basically 4 tenths off a full 1/8th. also ran a few .61's and missed 4th. THREE times on one pass! Whoo Hoo...a new record!! 

289nate
"IL BUONO"
Global Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2012, 11:24:33 am »

Always love hearing about the stuff you put together and get to run well beyond what most expect. 

The guy at the car show last week told me he has never missed a shift.  Hmmmmm  Was there left over gel on your hand from styling your hair before heading to the track that caused you to have a poor grip on the shifter?  Maybe your hand was tired from polishing the chrome valve covers and wheels before you left?  Grin

\'65 fastback pump gas 289, 4.56 gears, and faceplated T5.  11.123 at 122.4
Mr.Blue
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2012, 11:42:20 am »

Lol.............maybe some grease from a cheeseburger on my hand lol..............i do keep a rag by the shifter to wipe my hands AND one in the floorboard to wipe the bottom of my clutch shoe when i get in the car 

i have polished the wheels before but its been awhile

And anybody that basically "never" misses one isnt making a whole bunch of passes especially in a syncro tranny IMHO..............in any case i've definetlly missed my share lol

Mr.Blue
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2013, 09:09:27 am »

Welp i got tired of waiting for the renovations on my local track and Micheal was itching to try out the new and improved Mr.Sinister (lol) so we loaded up and headed out to our favorite '600ft. track sunday for some fun.............loaded up with some 93 swill and headed out 83 miles one way to beat the piss out of the coupe in a legal enviorment and PRAYED Micheal would finally have his crap together on his driving his car (more on that in the problown junk thread)................anyho i made 12 passes missed 4th. twice .........in my defense i was watching micheal as i was pulling on him (i gotz TREE'D) and pooped the shift on TWO runs.......yeah, i did that........anyway..........best was a 6.72@92 and worst was a 7.02 misser................had a lot of fun and didnt break anything and neither did Micheal for once .............add about 4 tenths/4 mph for *true* 1/8th. mile numbers.............hopefully Atmore will be open in a few weeks and i can start getting a fresh baseline/database for my new home track

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: