Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 01:29:25 am

Login with username, password and session length
Team Z Motorsports
Tech Section
* SBFTECH Membership Required *
414408 Posts in 35442 Topics by 8868 Members
Latest Member: scotty43
Search: Advanced search
Advertiser Inquiries
+ SBFTECH.com Experienced Small Block Ford Tech
|-+ General Tech
| |-+ Joel 5.0's Electronic Engine Management
| | |-+ Aftermarket Tuners - Generally
| | | |-+ Binary editor data logging issues
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Binary editor data logging issues  (Read 3086 times)
2slow93gt
Small Block

« on: April 05, 2012, 11:41:29 pm »

Just bought a moates quarterhorse and downloaded binary editor. Installed drivers, downloaded the correct strategy and calibration for a stock tune on my 91 mustang and got the car up and running right away. I was just fooling around with the data logging tab and something definitely isnt right. I'll attach a pic of what the data log screen is showing me when i'm done typing, but here are the first few things that jump out at me. 1) shows i'm idling at 64 rpm's 2) says i'm doing 8mph when i'm in neutral idling 3) shows i'm in 5th gear. I havent started trying to tune anything or messed with any parameters yet on the quarterhorse. The car is a 91 lx 4cyl swap converted to mass air with an a9p and a 5spd. The odd thing is it doesnt matter if the car is on or off, or if the computer is even in the car. It always shows these same things on the data log. I plug it into the car start it (it runs just like it did b4 i installed all this by the way) go to the data log screen and rev the motor and nothing changes no matter how many times i redo the log. always says 64 rpm etc. i'm just wondering if there is something I missed or if i need to change something or what. I've been at this for 3 days and its getting rather frustrating lol Any help would be greatly appreciated guys, thanks, John
P.S. let me know if you guys need any more info about the car etc.

* IMG_0186.JPG (1784.59 KB, 2592x1936 - viewed 159 times.)
liljoe07
"Gentleman Joe"
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

Feed your MILD side

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 07:21:01 am »

Mouse over the gauge, the right click it. Hit config and make sure all the gauge tags are set correctly.

89 Coupe:
302- Canfield 195's, Jay Allen Cam, Holley Systemax II, Comp Cams 1.6's,75mm TB & MAF, 24lb Inj, 4.56's, 3" Exhaust, 3" Spintechs, QuarterHorse, BE/EA

Well since you friggin disagree with every damn suggestion, just rebuild the piece of shit.
85_GT
Big Block

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 07:47:34 am »

Also try the hardware tab.  Make sure you're configured for a quaterhorse.

85GT, Dart Windsor Jr, Crane 2030 equiv. Performer 5.0, 75mm TB, 88mm Slot, 34lbs injectors, 1 5/8" shorties, 5spd converted to 4R70W with Baumann controller, 3.25 9"
A9L running A9P bin via Quarterhorse with LC-1
David Claflin
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 09:07:02 am »

make sure you've got the right things selected in the datalogging payload. I didn't think you could do load and loadx simultaneously. As Joe said you can right click on the window of each function and make sure the correct thing is being logged there too.

1990 Red LX, 306, 75MM, ported gt40's, Holley SMII, accufab longtubes, 3" exhaust, 4.10's
1985 LTD LX 302, ported TW's, XE-264 cam, ported Holley SMII, 75MM-R TB, accufab 1 3/4" longtubes, 4R70W, mach 1 brakes
1988 GT long term project
2slow93gt
Small Block

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 12:23:07 pm »

thanks for the input guys. wont have time to mess with it until i'm home from work which is around 7pm pacific time. one more question. I know you can change the tune and stuff like that without shutting the car off. I've tried a few simple things like changing idle speed and I cant get it to work without shutting the car off and writing the tune to the hardware. Any tips?
David Claflin
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 01:28:57 pm »

On the top it should have the option that says "write tune", I think. Been awhile since I've used mine, but that's what comes to mind.

1990 Red LX, 306, 75MM, ported gt40's, Holley SMII, accufab longtubes, 3" exhaust, 4.10's
1985 LTD LX 302, ported TW's, XE-264 cam, ported Holley SMII, 75MM-R TB, accufab 1 3/4" longtubes, 4R70W, mach 1 brakes
1988 GT long term project
2slow93gt
Small Block

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2012, 02:05:31 pm »

hmm i tried that but it didnt do anything... maybe I didnt have it in quarterhorse mode when I was trying that. Thought I did but like I said i'll try it again when I'm off work. Thanks David I appreciate it
liljoe07
"Gentleman Joe"
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

Feed your MILD side

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2012, 03:07:44 pm »

Make sure when you hit "write", that it says write to tune below. And make sure its writing to the tune number you have selected. Used to be a bug where the QH would write to the wrong tune.

89 Coupe:
302- Canfield 195's, Jay Allen Cam, Holley Systemax II, Comp Cams 1.6's,75mm TB & MAF, 24lb Inj, 4.56's, 3" Exhaust, 3" Spintechs, QuarterHorse, BE/EA

Well since you friggin disagree with every damn suggestion, just rebuild the piece of shit.
vristang
Mr. Coffee
Global Moderator
Big Block

What I look like in a tie...

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2012, 03:09:16 pm »

The options for writing a tune to the QH are 'write' or 'update'.

Update just implements the most recent changes you have made, relative to what is already programmed to the QH.

Write will push all parameters to the QH, whether there are changes or not.

Those data display windows don't come configured from Clint... you will need to set them to the proper channels...

- jason
Quote from: Albert Einstein
If we knew what we were doing, we wouldn’t call it research, would we?
Quote from: My Grandma
Find a young one, so you can raise her right.
2slow93gt
Small Block

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2012, 10:14:23 pm »

went through all of the above and its all correct. reinstalled drivers and nothing changed. was going through one of the help docs and found that under the hardware tab it is supposed to have a name and a version once quarterhorse mode is selected. I dont have a version or name at all they are both blank. (supposed to be version XXXX). Any ideas guys? I think i'm gonna email moates and see what they think also.
2slow93gt
Small Block

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2012, 10:28:54 pm »

Quarterhorse is in mode 0 (factory tune) because of the above. I think thats part of my problem
2slow93gt
Small Block

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2012, 10:36:51 pm »

nevermind got it!!!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: