Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 22, 2018, 12:56:26 am

Login with username, password and session length
Team Z Motorsports
Tech Section
* SBFTECH Membership Required *
435248 Posts in 37264 Topics by 9537 Members
Latest Member: Mgabski
Search: Advanced search
Advertiser Inquiries
+ My Community
|-+ Small Block Talk
| |-+ Other Ford Engines
| | |-+ 351c, 351M, & 400 Small Blocks
| | | |-+ New 351C Block
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New 351C Block  (Read 15726 times)
Brian S
Stroked Small Block

« on: February 28, 2012, 03:08:14 am »

No, this isn't the Buttermore block that has been limping along for six years. These are entirely different blocks designed by Mark McKeown of MME Racing.

http://www.mmeracing.com/
http://www.racecrateengines.com/news_now.html

News Now! "The Titus"
"Since the Moore Good Ink Press Release seems to have "let the cat out of the bag" or should I say "let Titus out of the bag" I was asked to make a few comments on the new product."

candoo
6 Banger

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 09:17:18 am »

Thanks for the info/update.   

347HO
A-1 Super Genious / Director of Maintenance
Section Moderator
Big Block

I believe they landed on the moon.

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 10:21:43 am »

Your post is misleading.

Mark did not "design" an entirely different block and put it into production.  From what I read and understand, he "machines" factory and aftermarket blocks to Mark's tolerances.

If I'm off the mark here, let me know...  show me where Mark has designed a new "C" Block.

Disregard...  it does appear he's machining this "Titus" block from new material.

Dana

... it was REALLY revving at like 4K...
If I saw that thing in my rear view Im pulling over to let you by, I be scared of that thing Huh? i dont know wich car is uglier ur or mine?
Javier
Ugly?  Easy now -- that's my baby and it's got lots of unique character!  When I drop that built 445" stroker in it you won't have any time to "pull over to let me pass" because I'll have already blown past you when you figure out what the hell was that loud noise behind you . . .  
Brian S
Stroked Small Block

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 02:32:37 pm »

...show me where Mark has designed a new "C" Block.

I thought I did.

Copy and Paste Update posted by Mark.

"1. Who is doing the machining?

The block is designed by MME, tooled and cast in the USA and machined at MME. If production requires we will add more CNC machines.

2. Is there a market for two Cleveland blocks?

I thinks so or I would not have made this investment. We made a decision to do this for several reasons and none of them were to harm or spite anyone else. It takes a lot of work and resources to do these kinds of projects and we respect the efforts of others. One of the main reasons to produce another block was the changes we wanted to make. The Titus is very different from anything else. The changes required new tooling to be made . Since we needed new tooling anyway we thought it better if we could control quantities and production time.

3. Why Titus?

We were kicking around some names of horses, and other names with connotations of strength or speed. We thought about Titus because of its biblical reference but I was not sure how it fit so we just put it our "back pocket". My family was out at a restaurant that we had not been to in a while and the manager started a conversation with my two girls about a race to finish the puzzles on the place mats to get deserts. Later the manager asked where we live and we told him. He said that as a boy he used to attend a church very close to our house, we asked his name and he said Titus. It just seemed to fit then. There were a many other things during this process so far that I had asked for "wisdom and guidance" on and they seemed to fall into place. There were many circumstances that seemed we were being pointed it this direction and that it was the right thing to do.

4. Will it be available in iron or aluminum?

The Titus will be available in both iron and aluminum. Aluminum will be first iron will follow shortly afterward.

5. Pricing?

We have finalized the pricing on the aluminum. The Racer Net and Jobber pricing will be posted on the site ASAP. We are working with a few dealers currently and are working on some details with them before the pricing is published. The blocks will be delivered fully machined with the exception of final bore size . We will offer fully machined blocks as well along with short blocks and complete engines.

Aluminum pricing will fall between the Ford and the Dart and closer to the Ford.

6. Will the Titus look like a Cleveland on the outside.

The front of the Titus will look like a Cleveland. The sides of the block will have some sculpting to allow proper water flow around it large bores. In a car with the heads and headers on it will be very hard to distinguish it from a factory block."

Mark McKeown 
aussiewinza
Stroked Small Block

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 08:52:12 pm »

if this actualy gets of the ground and depending on price....Aussies are guna go nuts with a better than factory clevo block....

in the link is states bigger cubes than windsor based platforms, any idea on how big we are talking?

if it aint fun why bother!!!!
Brian S
Stroked Small Block

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 11:22:48 pm »

if this actualy gets of the ground and depending on price....Aussies are guna go nuts with a better than factory clevo block....

in the link is states bigger cubes than windsor based platforms, any idea on how big we are talking?

Mark mentioned the Titus will be available by special order in custom deck heights. 10.3 is the deck height of the factory 351m/400 so I'm hoping that's one of the heights he has in mind.

I've read about custom builds that used as long as a 4.75 stroke crank in an factory M-block. If this new block can go up to a 4.185-4.200 bore...theoretically you could build yourself a 523-526 cid Cleveland. 

woody
FordStrokers.com-SBFTech.com Owner
Administrator
Big Block

Old School

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 11:47:55 pm »

My dart is 4.205 and its DONE and I would never try a power adder on 4.200 bore.

331-347 Short Blocks 2099.00 and up
408-418-427 Short Blocks (F4 Roller Blocks Standard) 2399.99 and up
Dart Shorts 4199.00+
D.I.Y Shortblocks 1799.00

FordStrokers.com

Make sure you get your information from the internet gurus that haven't built SHIT, they did sleep at Holiday Inn last night, and we have a few of those gurus right here on this forum. Smiley
aussiewinza
Stroked Small Block

« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 09:43:54 am »

I've read about custom builds that used as long as a 4.75 stroke crank in an factory M-block. If this new block can go up to a 4.185-4.200 bore...theoretically you could build yourself a 523-526 cid Cleveland. 

That is a huge stroke!
and thats a crap load of cubes, but realisticaly is there readily available cylender heads that could support that many cubes to realy take advantage of it?

as for the bore dia, iv been pretty intersted in this lately and whilst ive heard of up 4.250 on a dart 9.5 i cant see how anyone is comfortable with that little realestate for the head gaskets???
when i the time comes i think id stick to 4.155 and at a max 4.185.

either way i see this as exciteing as us aussies had clevos in every decent ford from 1969 to the mid 1980's........we may now have sum big cube factory looking sleepers getting around...but that may be the only advantage i can see over a dart 9.5 or am i wrong?

Brian S
Stroked Small Block

« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2012, 06:55:35 pm »

There are a few canted valve heads that will flow over 400 cfm provided you can get the high cam lift. Mark mentioned something about the ability to make well over 1100 hp naturally aspirated so he must have at least one specific head in mind. Obviously maximum bore will be limited by the factory 4.38 bore spacing, the materials the block is made from, and the amount of power you're trying to generate.

I was under the impression the max bore on a Dart block was 4.185 for iron and 4.155 for aluminum. I think the iron World blocks say you can go up to 4.200. I don't even know if they make a head gasket over 4.2. If somebody went to 4.25 on a Dart block I'm guessing it had to be O-ringed.

There are some people working on another Cleveland block in Australia. So far they are tight lipped about the project so I don't have any details. The only thing I was told is that it's not the XE block SJ Performance was talking about marketing some time ago.
aussiewinza
Stroked Small Block

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2012, 07:20:55 pm »

any updates on this?
How is development going?

any idea on actual width on this block????

90lxcoupe
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2012, 10:07:13 pm »

What is the difference between a true cleveland and say a dart 9.2 deck?

I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you. 

It's good to know how to read, but it's dangerous to know how to read and not how to interpret what you're reading.
Mike Tyson

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth.
Mike Tyson
D Staff
Stroked Small Block

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2012, 12:47:31 am »

A Cleveland doesn't have a typical timing cover; the front of the block is extended past the timing set and covered with a flat stamped plate similar to an Oldsmobile. The decks of the block have 2 water holes at the top on each end to accomodate the Cleveland heads which don't have water passages on the intake side. Also, I believe a Cleveland has a taller cam to crank height, and the oil pan rails are wider.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: