Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 16, 2018, 10:00:26 am

Login with username, password and session length
Team Z Motorsports
Tech Section
* SBFTECH Membership Required *
435277 Posts in 37275 Topics by 9537 Members
Latest Member: Mgabski
Search: Advanced search
Advertiser Inquiries
+ My Community
|-+ General Tech
| |-+ Joel 5.0's Electronic Engine Management
| | |-+ Aftermarket Tuners - Generally
| | | |-+ MegaSquirt Plug and Pray
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: MegaSquirt Plug and Pray  (Read 12607 times)
DonMaximo
2stroke

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2014, 03:48:42 pm »

I'm considering a MegaSquirt for my ride and found these comments helpful.

Just wanted to send a note of thanks for posting helpful information.

For what it's worth, I understand that the TuningStudio software provides an autotune feature and from what little I've read so far, people are pleased.  This software is $59, can be installed on 3 PC's....  this is dirt cheap as far as software goes.

Few years back, I was self-tuning with quarter-horse and it required quite a bit of a learning curve.  Spare time I did not have and Emissions tests I needed to pass to enjoy the car.  So I sold all those goodies and had a Chassis dyno use a SCT piggyback chip for tuning.   I make good numbers, but other factors could be more civilized and this is why I'm looking for yet another option.  The 2 different chassis dynos I've gone to were highly recommended, yet I see and feel that there is more room for improvement, not to mention sitting around each shop waiting....and waiting.  They really have us by the short-n-curleys.

Cheers,

-D

1992 Mustang LX Conv, T&L 347, DART PRO-1 heads, MAC Performance CAI + 76mm MAF setup for 30lb injectors + 75mm TB,  GT40 Upper/Lower intake-(Extrude honed) MAC ceramic coated long tubes + ProChamber,  TKO 600, SSBC Big Brake System, A9L
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: