Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 16, 2019, 09:53:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Team Z Motorsports
Tech Section
* SBFTECH Membership Required *
435293 Posts in 37285 Topics by 9537 Members
Latest Member: Mgabski
Search: Advanced search
Advertiser Inquiries
+ My Community
|-+ General Tech
| |-+ Forced Induction
| | |-+ Turbos
| | | |-+ Bought a turbo kit
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bought a turbo kit  (Read 27097 times)
gator
Stroked Small Block

« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2012, 10:14:17 pm »

that intake looks strangely familiar. where did you get it?

and strangely enough i scratched my intake in the same place as that scratch on top of your intake when i was removing my motor to sell it a few years ago

They do look alike, i bought mine locally off of craigslist, it was black when i bought it, i sprayed it with high temp grey wheel paint.  the mark was caused from the bracing under the hood, i had to trim a little of the bracing to make it clear.

90lx, stock short block, stock cam, TFS 170's, 1.72rr, 70mm Turbo, 11psi boost, on stock tune-SOLD it
Current 95 gt stock short block, custom cam, TFS170's, xcelerator intake, Holley sniper efi, t5, 3.55 gear
gator
Stroked Small Block

« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2012, 10:33:35 pm »

yes ive seen that before, i also seen it before i bought these injectors and also seen people "talking" on forums about how they dont work on single valves,  But i had also talked to a few that were actually running them with success, with out a hiccup.  I figured i would try them and see for my self, bc theres alot of people on forums that like to jump on the bandwagon and tell you something wont work and then tell a hundred people it wont work when they have never tried it before, and then it gets all the internet hype cranked up about it. Im not implying that towards you, im just ranting, its kind of like when i was asking about running on the stock tune with boost, i had lots of guys chiming in  telling me it wont work, thats dumb,  and that it will blow unless its "dyno tuned"  then a hand full of guys chimed in that had been doing it for years without problems.

so for the price i paid i thought they were worth a shot, and i havent had an issue yet.

90lx, stock short block, stock cam, TFS 170's, 1.72rr, 70mm Turbo, 11psi boost, on stock tune-SOLD it
Current 95 gt stock short block, custom cam, TFS170's, xcelerator intake, Holley sniper efi, t5, 3.55 gear
cheese_05_70
Stroked Small Block

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2012, 10:43:12 pm »

Not to thread jack or anything I got the same intake with stock valve covers painted grey metallic. Looks identical I have never seen these pics before I thought I was unique. Damn it. I was looking in the parts store and saw the color and was like hey this will look good on the intake then I had to do the valve covers to match.

88 4 cyl converted to 306, 9:1 compression, cleaned up Windsor sr heads 64cc chamber, nx274 cam installed on 109cl, comp 851 lifters, ultra gold roller rockers, ported typhoon intake, 75mm Tb, 30lb injectors, 80mm pro m maf, hooker shorty 1.625 headers, 2.5 h pipe into 2.5 flowmasters out the back, t5 trans, aluminum driveshaft, 8.8 3.73 gears, Subframes to be installed this weekend.
juiced coupe
Six figures worth of don't give a f*ck
Global Moderator
Big Block

The land mass between New Orleans and Mobile

« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2012, 10:44:17 pm »

Yea, I just wanted to make sure that you knew they were different.

Doing more with less, or something like that.
http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,20009.0.html

Quote from: Monte Smith
Bottom line, if it was the hot ticket, the fast guys would do it.............they don't

You might need some Titanium rods and a flow bench!  LMAO on floor

I honestly don't get it.

I'm sweating, my heart is racing, my clutch foot is twichin', and my right arm punched the computer screen doing an involentary 2-3 shift while reading all that. 
gator
Stroked Small Block

« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2012, 03:30:52 am »

Yea, I just wanted to make sure that you knew they were different.

Thanks for the heads up

gator
Stroked Small Block

« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2012, 03:35:56 am »

H
Not to thread jack or anything I got the same intake with stock valve covers painted grey metallic. Looks identical I have never seen these pics before I thought I was unique. Damn it. I was looking in the parts store and saw the color and was like hey this will look good on the intake then I had to do the valve covers to match.

Haha, i also painted my stock vc's, i used duplicolor grey wheel paint and clear

gator
Stroked Small Block

« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2012, 12:41:33 am »

Another update, its still running good with the stock tune, im at 11psi now, pulls hard.
next step is a better radiator

jayh
Big Block

« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2012, 06:19:58 pm »

so just the intank pump? I have an inline but never put it in. dont think I plan to either.

I got some t-bird rails. they are like 94/95 rails. awesome budget upgrade. Im pretty sure they take a fox style regulator though. 3 screws from the bottom. iircmy 95 has 2 screws from the top

theres a pic in my lounge thread of the rails

425" pump gas 6.2@110
gator
Stroked Small Block

« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2012, 01:41:54 am »

255 in tank only, high output

MY 85 GT
Small Block

« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2012, 10:52:03 am »

How is your car holding up?...did you ever take it to the track yet?...Mine has been back together for 2 months now running 14 psi...I need a catch can now...and then a roll cage then i can head to the track...

Turbo installed!!! making 14 psi
87 GT Vert.On3 turbo..Trickflow TW 170cc heads,TF street heat intake,70mm TB,stock cam,1.6 roller rockers,Snow performance stage 2 meth kit,42# injectors,340 lph fuel pump,tunning with Moates QH,AOD mild stall.3.55's
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: