Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2014, 05:33:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Team Z Motorsports
Tech Section
* SBFTECH Membership Required *
412805 Posts in 35327 Topics by 8821 Members
Latest Member: Connor926
Search: Advanced search
Advertiser Inquiries
+ SBFTECH.com Experienced Small Block Ford Tech
|-+ General Tech
| |-+ Nitrous
| | |-+ Wet Nitrous Systems (Moderator: juiced coupe)
| | | |-+ Top Shot Hidden Nitrous System
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Top Shot Hidden Nitrous System  (Read 2569 times)
OZY347
4 Banger

« on: March 09, 2011, 12:50:26 am »

I have a friend looking at running with one of these setup's!
Has anyone used one? Any good?

The reason he is looking at one of these kits is, he like's that's it's hidden and wants to keep things that way and under the bonnet of his 66 mustang coupe plus he doesn't have the room for a plate system.
From my understanding of nitrous this kit is a wet nitrous system and would need a secondary fuel pump. Does anyone make a good enough high flow mechanical fuel pump to maintain 6-6.5psi @ WOT!?
Or will we have to install a holley blue for nitrous only!?
The engine is a 347 windsor with 650 speed demon, holley mechanical fuel pump, edlebrock rpm daul plane, edlebrock perfomer rpm heads, forged pistons, 10.8 comp, hyd tappet cam crane grind 292 about .240@.050 i think, msd ignition I beam rods, steel crank and thats about all i know but surely enough good gear to run 100hp max on this engine....
All info would be greatly appreciated 
juiced coupe
Six figures worth of don't give a f*ck
Global Moderator
Big Block

The land mass between New Orleans and Mobile

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 01:19:59 am »

Performance with a Top Shot module will depend on how good its lined up with the carb. It also uses the same jetting as a standard Super Powershot, so itd super rich.

As for the mechanical pump, I don't care for them with nitrous. Instead of a smooth flow like a electric pump, a mechanical pump will surge as it is stroked. Also, there isn't a good way to accuratly flow the fuel side of the nitrous system because the pump's output changes with engine speed.

Just a 12 second car with a 11 second engine.....that runs 10s
http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,20009.0.html

Quote from: Monte Smith
Bottom line, if it was the hot ticket, the fast guys would do it.............they don't

You might need some Titanium rods and a flow bench!  LMAO on floor
OZY347
4 Banger

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 05:46:31 am »

Ok we will go electric fuel pump. Do you mean about being lined up with the carb that is the shower head that is bolted on where you air cleaner carb thread is...?
That seems like you couldn't get it wrong!
As for being rich well that is good in one way but no good for performance i guess.
Do you have any solutions or an alternative with a nitrous kit as he hasn't brought one yet!?

juiced coupe
Six figures worth of don't give a f*ck
Global Moderator
Big Block

The land mass between New Orleans and Mobile

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 09:46:42 am »

Do you mean about being lined up with the carb that is the shower head that is bolted on where you air cleaner carb thread is...?

Yes. Here are some pics of that system installed. You can see how you could get it wrong.

http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles/116_0504_hidden_nitrous_kit/photo_04.html

As for being rich well that is good in one way but no good for performance i guess.

No, its not good in any way. Not only does it reduce performance, you also chance damaging the ring lands of the pistons. The included jets can be reworked into safe, usable tunes.

Do you have any solutions or an alternative with a nitrous kit as he hasn't brought one yet!?

Not really. If he doesn't have room for a plate, the only other option (than the Top Shot) is a direct port system. They do make them that install on the bottom of the intake, but that is a little much for a 100 shot.

Its a shame he doesn't have that extra 1/2" of room for a plate. Plates can be hidden pretty well.

Just a 12 second car with a 11 second engine.....that runs 10s
http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,20009.0.html

Quote from: Monte Smith
Bottom line, if it was the hot ticket, the fast guys would do it.............they don't

You might need some Titanium rods and a flow bench!  LMAO on floor
OZY347
4 Banger

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 03:47:07 pm »

Thankyou for that info.
I will have a chat with my mate and maybe we could look at lowering the engine some how so we could run a plate system as the mustang mounts are still standard factory mounts, someone may make a lower engine mount.
I hear wilson makes really good systems, so they maybe the go if he can get the room to fit a spacer..

Cheers
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: