Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2014, 08:23:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Team Z Motorsports
Tech Section
* SBFTECH Membership Required *
412990 Posts in 35342 Topics by 8827 Members
Latest Member: Lazer_Red94
Search: Advanced search
Advertiser Inquiries
+ SBFTECH.com Experienced Small Block Ford Tech
|-+ General Tech
| |-+ Nitrous (Moderator: juiced coupe)
| | |-+ nitrous noob questions
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: nitrous noob questions  (Read 5606 times)
juiced coupe
Six figures worth of don't give a f*ck
Global Moderator
Big Block

The land mass between New Orleans and Mobile

« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2011, 08:36:03 am »

This one is made for the shape of a Mustang fuel tank:

http://shop.holcombmotorsports.com/product.sc?productId=1483&categoryId=93

could i just use rubber line so im not spending 100$ on braided line?

Aluminum tube or Push Loc type hose are good options. Regular rubber line won't pass tech because it is a fire hazard. It also degrades very quickly compared to other types of lines.

by the time this is all said and done im gonna have as much into the fuel system as i have into the rest of the car  Cheesy

I feel your pain, believe me. I just re-plumbed the front part of my fuel system. I probably spent $200+ just under the hood., but it can be done cheaper. I'm just a little ocd.

Just a 12 second car with a 11 second engine.....that runs 10s
http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,20009.0.html

Quote from: Monte Smith
Bottom line, if it was the hot ticket, the fast guys would do it.............they don't

You might need some Titanium rods and a flow bench!  LMAO on floor
1988montecarloss
4 Banger

« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2011, 10:39:49 am »

This one is made for the shape of a Mustang fuel tank:

http://shop.holcombmotorsports.com/product.sc?productId=1483&categoryId=93

could i just use rubber line so im not spending 100$ on braided line?

Aluminum tube or Push Loc type hose are good options. Regular rubber line won't pass tech because it is a fire hazard. It also degrades very quickly compared to other types of lines.

by the time this is all said and done im gonna have as much into the fuel system as i have into the rest of the car  Cheesy

I feel your pain, believe me. I just re-plumbed the front part of my fuel system. I probably spent $200+ just under the hood., but it can be done cheaper. I'm just a little ocd.

alright, so to get this straight, im gonna be buying

one holley blue fuel pump

one more holley 803 regulator

tank sump kit for the mustang and the fittings for that, btw, what fittings am i going to need?

a fuel rail for the carb to replace my haggard one  Cheesy

and aluminum tube or push loc type hose, and where could i get that?

thanks for all the help so far!

1988 monte carlo ss
1989 mustang lx 5.0
juiced coupe
Six figures worth of don't give a f*ck
Global Moderator
Big Block

The land mass between New Orleans and Mobile

« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2011, 12:47:08 pm »

one holley blue fuel pump

one more holley 803 regulator

If you buy a Blue pump new, it comes with a 803 regulator. If the one you have is in good shape, it can be reused. If not, they're cheap enough.

tank sump kit for the mustang and the fittings for that, btw, what fittings am i going to need?

It will be a AN to NPT fitting. You would have to call them for the exact size. I think those sumps are offered in a couple different sizes of outlets.

and aluminum tube or push loc type hose, and where could i get that?

If you use the aluminum tube, you will need the appropriate 37* flaring tool to use with the tube nuts and sleeves. Don't use the cheap compression fittings from Lowes or the parts stores. The tube works best on long rums where there won't be any movement. Flexible lines are still needed at the engine.

You can get the stuff from one of the big stores like Summit or Jegs, some smaller retailers, local speed shops, or even some hydraulic supply stores.

what fittings am i going to need?

While a exact rundown of what you will need is impossible because I don't know exactly where you are installing everything, what type of pre filter (I would use a 85-100 micron screen type) you will using be using or even where it will be mounted. But I'll try to give you a basic rundown.

- Hose ends . -8: 4 if you mount the filter directly to the pump, 6 if you have a length of hose between. -6: 4 if you use a fuel line at the carb, 6 if you run lines directly to the carb bowls. -8 can also be used at the carb, but it is bulky to work around

Note: Aeroquip offers their Push Loc hose ends wit NPT threads also, this will cut down on the number of an to NPT adapters that are needed. Just be sure to have a regular hose end at one end of the hose to allow you to turn it. These fittings work best for short runs.

- NPT adapters. Will vary due to options. What fittings your filter needs? Filter placement? If you use any NPT hose ends. Its not hard to figure out. Just start at one end of the car and get a basic idea of how you want it to fit.

- Regulator manifold. Since you will be feeding two regulators with a single line, you will need to connect them. I kept it simple on my car. 3/8" NPT brass fittings from Lowes. 1 "T", 1 90* street fitting (male to female threads), and 2 close nipples. It keeps everything nice and compact.

Just a 12 second car with a 11 second engine.....that runs 10s
http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,20009.0.html

Quote from: Monte Smith
Bottom line, if it was the hot ticket, the fast guys would do it.............they don't

You might need some Titanium rods and a flow bench!  LMAO on floor
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: