Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 10:59:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Team Z Motorsports
Tech Section
* SBFTECH Membership Required *
414145 Posts in 35423 Topics by 8860 Members
Latest Member: stik50
Search: Advanced search
Advertiser Inquiries
+ SBFTECH.com Experienced Small Block Ford Tech
|-+ Off-Topic Bullshittin'
| |-+ Pics Pics and Videos Videos
| | |-+ Faceplated TKO 600 from Liberty! Smooth shiftin!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Faceplated TKO 600 from Liberty! Smooth shiftin!  (Read 7024 times)
Brent Clay
Big Block

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2010, 06:10:29 pm »

looks like I jacked this thread...... sorry!

but since you brought up a good topic........ Grin  I want to know more about what transmission is better way to go?

I really dont think my 408 with my tko  26 spline input shaft and 32 spline output..... is going to hold up at all.....

I could be wrong , but what is the best route for me to go with???

Brent
Anthony85stang
Big Block

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2010, 07:09:48 pm »

What stephen johnson said.  If you have too much clutch you'll break stuff.  I run an adjustable base pressure long style clutch with counterweights. So im able to turn down the clutch so im not breaking parts and spinning the tires.  If you get the right clutch you should be fine.

NastyNotch
Small Block

If you want it good and fast, it won't be cheap!

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2010, 12:26:26 pm »

but since you brought up a good topic........ Grin  I want to know more about what transmission is better way to go?

I really dont think my 408 with my tko  26 spline input shaft and 32 spline output..... is going to hold up at all.....

Brent

Here's the thing... You can buy another tranny if you're are worried your TKO won't handle it.  Or you can try it, see what happens, if it works you're in good shape.  If it breaks, you gotta buy another one anyway.  Anthony85stang is right too.  Run a good clutch, I use a Mcleod Twin Disk with the long style pressure plate, it's a little easier on things than say a DFX clutch or some aggressive single disk.  I really think you will be fine man.

DART 427W shortblock from Woody, TFS High Ports, 11:1 pump gas, CI Cam, Super Victor Intake, Pro Systems Carb, Accufab Headers, McLeod Street Twin Clutch, Quick Time Bellhousing, Liberty Gears Faceplated TKO 600, Pro 5.0 Shifter, Stock Rear Suspension, 4.30 Gears, 28x10.5 ET Streets, 10.05 @ 138, 1.46 60ft.
Brent Clay
Big Block

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2010, 12:42:25 pm »

Brent

Here's the thing... You can buy another tranny if you're are worried your TKO won't handle it.  Or you can try it, see what happens, if it works you're in good shape.  If it breaks, you gotta buy another one anyway.  Anthony85stang is right too.  Run a good clutch, I use a Mcleod Twin Disk with the long style pressure plate, it's a little easier on things than say a DFX clutch or some aggressive single disk.  I really think you will be fine man.

I looked at these clutches and pressure plates...... what part numbers do you have?? this would help me figure out which one I need....thanks
Anthony85stang
Big Block

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2010, 07:28:32 pm »

Mines kinda a custom base pressure with a ram 100 series disc.  I got mine from hanlon motorsports.  Bob's a good guy to deal with.  You can get them from summit but they usually have too much base pressure i think one of the part numbers is ram-425.

Stephen Johnson
Small Block

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2010, 08:06:23 pm »

Brent

i would much rather sell it and get some money out of it, then to break it and then you have a pile of broken pieces and then you gotta fix it and buy another trans. Sell it and get something else..

Stephen Johnson #2162
SS/D 427 Ford Fairlane NHRA-IHRA
Many time NHRA-IHRA Record Holder
Multi-time class winner
9.47@ 141mph
1985 Mustang 331 N/A 10.88 at 124mph
Brent Clay
Big Block

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2010, 08:09:23 pm »

thats what im looking at doing...... Seel mine a nd save some more money and just buy the one I know I will need....

Brent
NastyNotch
Small Block

If you want it good and fast, it won't be cheap!

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2010, 04:20:19 pm »

Brent

I looked at these clutches and pressure plates...... what part numbers do you have?? this would help me figure out which one I need....thanks

I have the Mcleod RST Twin Disk.  It's pretty pricey but I'd say its worth it.  I don't have a part number for you though.  I don't know what size disk you want or what flywheel you are using.  Just go to mcleodracing.com and look it up there.

DART 427W shortblock from Woody, TFS High Ports, 11:1 pump gas, CI Cam, Super Victor Intake, Pro Systems Carb, Accufab Headers, McLeod Street Twin Clutch, Quick Time Bellhousing, Liberty Gears Faceplated TKO 600, Pro 5.0 Shifter, Stock Rear Suspension, 4.30 Gears, 28x10.5 ET Streets, 10.05 @ 138, 1.46 60ft.
TooFast98Cobra
Small Block

« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2010, 08:48:59 am »

good thread here, I'm doing the same thing brent

'98 Cobra----Jackstand Queen----SOLD
'93 Notch----Race Car----Almost done
Brent Clay
Big Block

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2010, 09:03:38 am »

What is a Tremec with a 26 spline and 31 spline worth.... Been freshed up with new syncros and sliders..... never used since...

also comes with a spec stage 3 clutch and pressure plate. only used 200miles if that.(still looks new)

I plan on keeping my lake wood bell housing though.... (should fit to the tko600...Right????)

Brent
TooFast98Cobra
Small Block

« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2010, 09:07:07 am »

I have seen them going from 1000 to 1500 used. I have the same trans that needs sold, lol and that bell will work fine

'98 Cobra----Jackstand Queen----SOLD
'93 Notch----Race Car----Almost done
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: