Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 24, 2018, 11:15:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Team Z Motorsports
Tech Section
* SBFTECH Membership Required *
435217 Posts in 37257 Topics by 9537 Members
Latest Member: Mgabski
Search: Advanced search
Advertiser Inquiries
+ My Community
|-+ Library Tech Library Tech
| |-+ Power and Drivetrain Combos
| | |-+ 8.2 deck Stroker Combos
| | | |-+ bas ass 363 build
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: bas ass 363 build  (Read 44621 times)
Ammosteve
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

Steven Daniels

« Reply #90 on: November 15, 2011, 12:00:26 pm »

. i am an AMMO troop i build bombs for a living lol.

I'm sorry 

< retired weapons troop. 

Hey Hey Hey...Nothing wrong with Ammo troops. Lol
Ammosteve
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

Steven Daniels

« Reply #91 on: November 15, 2011, 12:04:27 pm »

If you get the chance, take a tour of the Kuwaiti Hardened Aircraft Shelters (HAS) if they're still around.  We did some "bad assed" damage back in the day liberating Kuwait from Saddam.

You may be (maybe not) surprised how easily our bombs penetrated their reinforced concrete.

I'm sure he has seen them.  When I was there we used the bombed out Has' to store our munitions in.

Steve
quick26
Stroked Small Block

« Reply #92 on: November 15, 2011, 01:13:12 pm »

hell, kenston and fayetville have 1/4 tracks i believe.  you are not far from petersburg/dinwiddy va track either.  i go to goldsboro quiet often atving.

then you proly go right near my house maybe even past it if you take the 13. i assume you go to Busco Beach i live 2 miles from there. i just had my house robbed last week and i am not in the country so ill refrain from posting exact directions. last thing i need is my garage getting robbed.

when i get back maybe ill go out to the 1/4 mile before i sell my car and hit the 250 shot.

i dont like racing there cause i dont have the people i used to race with and the local track does not have a tech. so i got jim bob and billy that chug a beer and jump in their 1974 POS with 1000 hp and stock axels line up against me and then when they break an axel and run into my car they are out 1 of their 3 teeth and a few rolls of duct tape and i am out $40,000 lol.

sorry to hear about your house.  i had a 24' enclosed with 4 atvs and tools and gear stolen a couple years back.  once it happened, i was paranoid for a long time.  as far as the tracks go, i have not been to either of them.  there is a 1/8 mile in crestwell that is supposed to be well groomed and they are running rockingham again from what i understand.  they are both around 2 hours from you. 
e3sean
Small Block

« Reply #93 on: November 15, 2011, 01:39:06 pm »

hell, kenston and fayetville have 1/4 tracks i believe.  you are not far from petersburg/dinwiddy va track either.  i go to goldsboro quiet often atving.

then you proly go right near my house maybe even past it if you take the 13. i assume you go to Busco Beach i live 2 miles from there. i just had my house robbed last week and i am not in the country so ill refrain from posting exact directions. last thing i need is my garage getting robbed.

when i get back maybe ill go out to the 1/4 mile before i sell my car and hit the 250 shot.

i dont like racing there cause i dont have the people i used to race with and the local track does not have a tech. so i got jim bob and billy that chug a beer and jump in their 1974 POS with 1000 hp and stock axels line up against me and then when they break an axel and run into my car they are out 1 of their 3 teeth and a few rolls of duct tape and i am out $40,000 lol.

sorry to hear about your house.  i had a 24' enclosed with 4 atvs and tools and gear stolen a couple years back.  once it happened, i was paranoid for a long time.  as far as the tracks go, i have not been to either of them.  there is a 1/8 mile in crestwell that is supposed to be well groomed and they are running rockingham again from what i understand.  they are both around 2 hours from you. 

without the people i used to race with a 2 hr drive each way is not worth the 30 seconds total of enjoyment i will get. it will cost me close to $150 in fuel between my truck and race car plue entry and food. just not worth it to me. i was spoiled with having speedworld in phoenix ten minutes away.

for $150 in fuel i could spend a full day out on a boat fishing and my wife and a few of our friends would be able to enjoy it as well and proly help split the cost. and if its a good enough day to race its proly a good enough day to fish.

i already have my heart set on a new build anyway with an older stang and the cyote motor. i want a nice street car.

but when i get back if you need access to a lift your more then welcome i uausally just charge some carb cleaner or a few rolls of shop towells maybe a 12 pack of coke or lunch to use my lift and tools for friends. and i have almost anything to do most jobs. the only thing i dont have yet are a welder and an engine hoist but i do have easy access to a few of them. i am sure ill get a mig/tig in the near future as well. but i have

9000#2 post lift
2 stage tranny jack
parts washer
press
any hand tool you would ever need,
one leg jack
wireing equipment
transmission jigs and clutch pack press
a bunch of specialty tools

i can freshen up c4's, glides, (i dont feel comfertable fixing a destroyed unit yet) but new seals and clutches and settin the desired clutch pack clearences is no issue.

build/upgrade T5 t45 t56 3550 3650 tko500,600. i havent found a cost effective place for resurfacing flywheels yet.

i have powdercoating equipment (anything that can fit in a household size oven)

i do not have a sand blaster and i dont think i will get one. the ones that are affordable for home use dont work very well bet there is a machine shop around the corner that will let me use theirse.

USAF Luke AFB AZ E-5
Arizonas Fastest Street Cars:Easy Street
e3sean
Small Block

« Reply #94 on: November 15, 2011, 01:51:34 pm »

I'm sorry 

< retired weapons troop. 

:spit:you dont have to apoligise to me i have a bunch of loader friends... i feel bad for loaders. shifts at the mercy of the flying schedule, 16 hr days (for backshop people), having to be out on the flightline in the heat with jet noise and hot exhaust.. fail nearly every inspection.. always being crapped on by everyone. i see Tsgt's out working.. i have never seen a Tsgt ever lift a finger in Ammo. and it will be nice when i get there but for now im just a little Staff Sergent. the worst part of ammo iswhen we go TDY and we have to share a van with the rest of the maintainers.. we work so far away from everyone and everything that everyone always forgets about us. which is uausally a good thing but not when its 5pm and your shift has been over for an hour and the rest of mataince is already back in the hotel wondering why they feel like they forgot something. Hmmmmm

but really its nice to see some other military people in here.

USAF Luke AFB AZ E-5
garsten
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #95 on: November 15, 2011, 01:53:35 pm »

just out of curiosity, who did your machine work?

thanks in advance, stay safe over there, claude

81 fairmont, 347, MS3X ECU, Accufab 4-barrel TB, mass-flo efi intake, canfield 195's, CI cam, 42# injectors, powerglide, REF headers, 3 1/2" exhaust, 4.10 gears.
quick26
Stroked Small Block

« Reply #96 on: November 15, 2011, 02:08:18 pm »

without the people i used to race with a 2 hr drive each way is not worth the 30 seconds total of enjoyment i will get. it will cost me close to $150 in fuel between my truck and race car plue entry and food. just not worth it to me. i was spoiled with having speedworld in phoenix ten minutes away.

for $150 in fuel i could spend a full day out on a boat fishing and my wife and a few of our friends would be able to enjoy it as well and proly help split the cost. and if its a good enough day to race its proly a good enough day to fish.

i already have my heart set on a new build anyway with an older stang and the cyote motor. i want a nice street car.

but when i get back if you need access to a lift your more then welcome i uausally just charge some carb cleaner or a few rolls of shop towells maybe a 12 pack of coke or lunch to use my lift and tools for friends. and i have almost anything to do most jobs. the only thing i dont have yet are a welder and an engine hoist but i do have easy access to a few of them. i am sure ill get a mig/tig in the near future as well. but i have

9000#2 post lift
2 stage tranny jack
parts washer
press
any hand tool you would ever need,
one leg jack
wireing equipment
transmission jigs and clutch pack press
a bunch of specialty tools

i can freshen up c4's, glides, (i dont feel comfertable fixing a destroyed unit yet) but new seals and clutches and settin the desired clutch pack clearences is no issue.

build/upgrade T5 t45 t56 3550 3650 tko500,600. i havent found a cost effective place for resurfacing flywheels yet.

i have powdercoating equipment (anything that can fit in a household size oven)

i do not have a sand blaster and i dont think i will get one. the ones that are affordable for home use dont work very well bet there is a machine shop around the corner that will let me use theirse.

you are around 2.5 hours from me.  i appreciate the offer.  i will have to check you out one weekend when you get back.  i will have to keep ya in mind incase i come across something i am not totally comfy with.  my father in law has an automotive shop that i use for a lot of my stuff so i dont have to do it on jack stands.  he has some of the goodies you are missing and you have the ones he is missing. one day i want to snatch the 347 out of my car and transplant the crank and rods into a dart block and go 363. 

go on and add a plasma cutter to your list of things to get if you dont have one.   Whistling
e3sean
Small Block

« Reply #97 on: November 15, 2011, 02:14:40 pm »

well if it comes down to me parting my car out i might have a dart 363 to sell lol.

USAF Luke AFB AZ E-5
e3sean
Small Block

« Reply #98 on: November 15, 2011, 02:15:39 pm »

just out of curiosity, who did your machine work?

thanks in advance, stay safe over there, claude

Rodger Lorton and Bill Wallace @ Standard Machine in Glendale AZ.

USAF Luke AFB AZ E-5
289nate
"IL BUONO"
Global Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #99 on: November 17, 2011, 02:25:02 am »

So where and what are you going to be fishing for once you sell the car?  Wonder, Ponder

\'65 fastback pump gas 289, 4.56 gears, and faceplated T5.  11.123 at 122.4
David Claflin
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #100 on: November 17, 2011, 07:57:30 am »

I'm sorry 

< retired weapons troop. 

:spit:you dont have to apoligise to me i have a bunch of loader friends... i feel bad for loaders. shifts at the mercy of the flying schedule, 16 hr days (for backshop people), having to be out on the flightline in the heat with jet noise and hot exhaust.. fail nearly every inspection.. always being crapped on by everyone. i see Tsgt's out working.. i have never seen a Tsgt ever lift a finger in Ammo. and it will be nice when i get there but for now im just a little Staff Sergent. the worst part of ammo iswhen we go TDY and we have to share a van with the rest of the maintainers.. we work so far away from everyone and everything that everyone always forgets about us. which is uausally a good thing but not when its 5pm and your shift has been over for an hour and the rest of mataince is already back in the hotel wondering why they feel like they forgot something. Hmmmmm

HAHA, yeah I know what you mean about forgetting about ammo. I worked pretty well with most of the them, especially the younger guys. I was usually the deployed first sergeant as well as weapons flight chief, so I made sure that the ammo guys were taken care of too, as far as getting them incentive flights, rental cars, extra curicular tours and so on.
Sorry to hear you're selling your car, but you gotta do what's right for you.

1990 Red LX, 306, 80MM, ported gt40's, ported explorer upper accufab longtubes, 3" exhaust, 4.30's, 336/331
1985 LTD LX 347, 205 11R's, TFS-R, 90MMTB, MAC 1 3/4" longtubes, 4R70W, mach 1 brakes
1988 GT long term project
e3sean
Small Block

« Reply #101 on: November 18, 2011, 03:21:04 pm »

I'm sorry 

< retired weapons troop. 

HAHA, yeah I know what you mean about forgetting about ammo. I worked pretty well with most of the them, especially the younger guys. I was usually the deployed first sergeant as well as weapons flight chief, so I made sure that the ammo guys were taken care of too, as far as getting them incentive flights, rental cars, extra curicular tours and so on.
Sorry to hear you're selling your car, but you gotta do what's right for you.

its very rare you hear someone say ammo and incentive flight in the same sentince without a is not getting in between it lol.

USAF Luke AFB AZ E-5
e3sean
Small Block

« Reply #102 on: November 18, 2011, 03:22:10 pm »

So where and what are you going to be fishing for once you sell the car?  Wonder, Ponder

off the coast of north carolina.

USAF Luke AFB AZ E-5
289nate
"IL BUONO"
Global Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #103 on: November 18, 2011, 10:26:53 pm »

off the coast of north carolina.

Just don't go spear fishing.  If you do, holding a fishing pole in your hand will never be as exciting.

\'65 fastback pump gas 289, 4.56 gears, and faceplated T5.  11.123 at 122.4
e3sean
Small Block

« Reply #104 on: November 21, 2011, 03:49:42 pm »

i dont think i could ever get the feeling of a good fight with a nice size redfish at the other end of the line. and i am more for the sport then the meal so i would only kill what i intend to eat.

USAF Luke AFB AZ E-5
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: