Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2018, 08:45:06 am

Login with username, password and session length
Director PLEASE!!!!
Add your location information to your personal profile. Thanx!
435265 Posts in 37271 Topics by 9537 Members
Latest Member: Mgabski
Search: Advanced search
Advertiser Inquiries
+ My Community
|-+ Small Block Talk
| |-+ Small Block Windsors
| | |-+ 289 Small Blocks
| | | |-+ Weiand Stealth 8020 on a 289
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Weiand Stealth 8020 on a 289  (Read 20495 times)
super64
4 Banger

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2011, 04:22:45 am »

A hidden bonus of the Stealth's rear crossover is you can connect your heater hose fitting there instead of running the hose to the front 0of the engine.
68mustang405
Big Block

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2011, 03:01:10 pm »

A hidden bonus of the Stealth's rear crossover is you can connect your heater hose fitting there instead of running the hose to the front 0of the engine.

I owe you sir, a steak dinner. I'm putting an electric fan on my motor and i was trying to figure out where to put the temp sensor. Now I'll relocate my heater hose to the back and put the sensor in the front. I can't believe I didn't think of that.    Thanx!

68 Mustang 310 twisted wedge 170, tfs1, weiand stealth, 1.6 rr t5 3.55s with a locker, a/c and all the creature comforts.

On a serious note.. wagon made 3000hp on the dyno
super64
4 Banger

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2011, 12:37:32 am »

I really glad to help. It's nothing compared to the help I've gotten here in just a couple of weeks! All this and no BS attitude problems from anyone! BEST FORUM EVER!
super64
4 Banger

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2011, 10:49:00 pm »

I placed my Summit order today. I was tempted to stay with my Performer intake to save money, but I bit the bullet and bought the Stealth.
kenash
Big Block

Webers! Oh what a feel'in!

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2011, 08:39:34 am »

Hey there everyone...so I narrowed my intake selection down to either the Edelbrock RPM 7121 (or the AirGap 7521 as well) vs the Weiand Stealth 8020. They both look good and they both get good reviews from users...both aluminum...both roughly the same price (except the Airgap at $65-75 more) BUT ONE THING!!!

I found some pictures online of the Edelbrocks and it seems neither of them have the rear coolant crossover....where as the Weiand 8020 seems to have the rear crossover...in fact the Weiand site says it does and so does jegs and summit has pictures of it as well......

So I called Weiand to ask about this manifold on the Performer RPM heads and I ended up "fact-checking" just to check out the reliability of the tech guys information and he puts me on hold for about 6 minutes....then comes back and says that one DOES NOT have the rear crossover!? He said he just ran outside and looked at his car (which mysteriously had the underside of the intake clearly visible) and tells me that his doesn't have it so none of them do... WTH is this all about?

1. Does anyone else have crazy Weiand stories or am I only the only one?
2. What do yall think of the Stealth vs the Performer Rpm?

Hi,
I'll add, I've been running a Performer RPM on my street beast. It has the cross-overs. It's a classic dual plane and helps my junk achieve it's 392 RWHP at 5900.

* Webers.JPG (213.4 KB, 640x480 - viewed 487 times.)

Ken
Severna Park, Md
'64 1/2 Rest-O-Poppy Mod (5 bolt 333 cu.in)
Jay Allen TW heads, Billet cam, Dual DCOE 40mm Webers, Jacobs Ign., Performer RPM, TRI-Ys, T5Z (.63), 3:55
super64
4 Banger

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2011, 04:19:24 am »

I got my stealth from Summit last week and sent it back immediately. The casting was completely different from the old design. They have eliminated the rear cross over. Some of Summit's photos show the crossover, some did not. I called Weiand, and they say that the design changes occurred several years ago. I have tried to find the older casting. There is a gent on eBay who states that his has the rear crossover in the item description. The auction showed a stock photo, so I emailed him, asking him to email photos of the actual manifold for sale. He then said it would be drop shipped, so I explained to him what I have found. He hasn't replied, nor changed his auction.
Cheers,
Brian
jayh
Big Block

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2011, 07:31:16 am »

it sounds like you are gonna have to find it used

425" pump gas 6.2@110
super64
4 Banger

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2011, 12:44:09 am »

I've tried all my usual sources, and everyone has only the Chinese casting. I'm probably going with the Performer RPM (not air-gap).

I did a search on Summit Racing last night. I've narrowed my choices down to these:

Summit Stage 3            http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-226031/?rtype=10

Weiand Street Warrior  http://www.summitracing.com/parts/WND-8124/All/

Edelbrock Performer      http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EDL-2121/

Edelbrock Performer RPM  http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EDL-7121/All/
juiced coupe
Six figures worth of don't give a f*ck
Global Moderator
Big Block

The land mass between New Orleans and Mobile

« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2011, 07:13:14 am »

Out of those, I like the Performer RPM the best. I do like the old design Stealth better than the RPM due to more flexibility of installation, but noticed no performance difference when I tried each on the same combo.

Doing more with less, or something like that.
http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,20009.0.html

Quote from: Monte Smith
Bottom line, if it was the hot ticket, the fast guys would do it.............they don't

You might need some Titanium rods and a flow bench!  LMAO on floor

I honestly don't get it.

I'm sweating, my heart is racing, my clutch foot is twichin', and my right arm punched the computer screen doing an involentary 2-3 shift while reading all that. 
JeffB2
6 Banger

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2017, 04:34:37 am »

Guess who copied the old Stealth design ? Professional products 54000 been running mine 4 years has the rear water passages.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: