Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 22, 2018, 08:32:43 am

Login with username, password and session length
TRADER Feedback System
IS NOW AVAILABLE
* SBFTECH Membership Required *
435162 Posts in 37251 Topics by 9534 Members
Latest Member: 88_GT
Search: Advanced search
Advertiser Inquiries
+ SBFTECH.com Experienced Small Block Ford Tech
|-+ Membership Tech
| |-+ Product Reviews
| | |-+ Harbor Freight tools
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Harbor Freight tools  (Read 37046 times)
Bam54
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2012, 05:21:50 pm »

Let me start by saying this I buy nothing from Harbor Frieght unless its on sale or I have a coupon to me most of the stuff is worth the buy when its discounted. We have 2 aluminum jacks they both work great and are better than my craftsman aluminum jack I ended up trading it in for scrap LOL.
I haven't had a problem with the impact extensions but the wobble extensions are junk. One of my favorite tools is the swivel head 1/2 drive racheting breaker bar I have abused the hell out of it and it has finally broken after five years I had a 4ft cheater bar on it when finally gave up. Sadly I haven't seen another one like it for a long time. I try not to buy electric hand tools but I have had a $6 grinder last for a long time. The blast cabinets work pretty good and the table top belt sander has worked flawless. Engine hoist and engine stands have been good also. After we lost all our tools when the shop burnt down we replaced alot of them with harbor freight stuff and so far I would say 3/4's of it was good buys for the price on sale.

Bam

"Take the horse out of the barn and let her run baby run"

www.ponyexpressracing.com

CHI headed 454 Clevor
9.24@142 1.30 60ft N/A
5.84@117 1.28 60ft N/A
3040lbs race weight
juiced coupe
Six figures worth of don't give a f*ck
Global Moderator
Big Block

The land mass between New Orleans and Mobile

« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2012, 10:09:59 pm »

One of my favorite tools is the swivel head 1/2 drive racheting breaker bar I have abused the hell out of it and it has finally broken after five years I had a 4ft cheater bar on it when finally gave up. Sadly I haven't seen another one like it for a long time.

Its nowhere near as cheap as a breaker bar, but have you looked at torque multipliers. I picked up a used one a few years ago and have only run into a couple things that needed more than a 1/2" ratchet combined with the multiplier. They are life savers in areas where there isn't room for a breaker bar.

I picked up one of these: http://www.royalsupply.com/store/pc/WRI-9S291-2858p52097.htm , but there are cheaper options: http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200315001_200315001

Doing more with less, or something like that.
http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,20009.0.html

Quote from: Monte Smith
Bottom line, if it was the hot ticket, the fast guys would do it.............they don't

You might need some Titanium rods and a flow bench!  LMAO on floor

I honestly don't get it.

I'm sweating, my heart is racing, my clutch foot is twichin', and my right arm punched the computer screen doing an involentary 2-3 shift while reading all that. 
mustang_moch1
4 Banger

« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2012, 01:00:39 am »

How's the quality of their torque wrenches? I haven't heard anything bad.
mustang_moch1
4 Banger

« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2012, 01:07:31 am »

The few things i have bought are air tools, 3/4 impact 1/2 impact 3/8 air ratchet and never had a problem. I've had them going on 8 years and put them through hell! Tough as nails! A+ from me.
juiced coupe
Six figures worth of don't give a f*ck
Global Moderator
Big Block

The land mass between New Orleans and Mobile

« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2014, 04:55:16 pm »

Got my first taste of their "extended warranty" today.

Turns out that a "2 year warranty" isn't really that, its a one time use deal within that time. After that, the warranty is voided and you have to repurchase it if you want to retain it.

If they had told me that in the first place, I'd have told them where to stick their warranty.

Doing more with less, or something like that.
http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,20009.0.html

Quote from: Monte Smith
Bottom line, if it was the hot ticket, the fast guys would do it.............they don't

You might need some Titanium rods and a flow bench!  LMAO on floor

I honestly don't get it.

I'm sweating, my heart is racing, my clutch foot is twichin', and my right arm punched the computer screen doing an involentary 2-3 shift while reading all that. 
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: