Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 19, 2018, 11:52:43 am

Login with username, password and session length
Director PLEASE!!!!
Add your location information to your personal profile. Thanx!
435277 Posts in 37275 Topics by 9537 Members
Latest Member: Mgabski
Search: Advanced search
Advertiser Inquiries
+ My Community
|-+ General Tech
| |-+ Transmissions/Differentials
| | |-+ need major help
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: need major help  (Read 7212 times)
pa308
Big Block

« on: November 23, 2006, 03:55:25 am »

okay guys i need some help bad im ready to give up.  okay im in the middle of a 4 banger to v8 swap  and im havin some issues, first of all my clutch cable isnt long enough to wrap around the quadrant. i dont know if i put it in wrong or somethin but i even bought an adjustable one.  how exactly does it goe in some pics would be killer. then i had to manually move the tranny over to get the holes in the mount to line up could that be from my k member i bought a tubular one in and maybe it aint straight but it looks to be i double checked. then which way do the humps goe in ythe x member up right cause the exhaust runs below it.  i took all parts from my old one and they worked then so what the hell is going on. please guys show me the way

stock block 308, factory stock prepped gt40 heads,z cam, 30lbers, 75mm tb, cl76mam,  r serires intake. qa1 kmember and a arms, coil over kit, cc plates. weld skinies up front and fatties out back lakewood 50/50 and 4.56,15/8lt 2900lb race weight
Joel5.0
El Hombre
Administrator
Big Block

Miracles?.... by appointment only!

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2006, 08:03:36 am »

Here you go.......

Tip....install the cable on the quadrant first and leave the hook-up to the lever for last. LUK

ACRONYMS:
LUK  LMK  JIC  BTSTDTRT  YCYDYP  NFI-YTM  SPOBI, and the classic... DILLIGAS

'86 Mustang GT, X-303 cam, Holley DP 700, RG Tran., 289 Heads   Ford Smilie 2

Quote from: Joel5.0
The right to be stupid is inalienable for sure however, there is no such thing as a right to impose stupidity onto others
Great Thoughts will Overwhelm a Feeble Mind
There is never money to do it right, but there's always money to do it over.
Knowledge based on external evidence is unreliable.
He, who doesn't ask, does not deserve an answer.
A mind is like a parachute it only works when it is open.  (oldmanjoe)
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. (Albert Einstein)
Tuning on a Dyno for the track, is like swim practice in a bathtub.
I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you. (90lxcoupe)
The proof of understanding is the ability to explain it. (H. Torruella)
Ignorance is bliss, but stupidity is orgasmic.
Fraud and falsehood only dread examination. Truth invites it. (Samuel Johnson)
The chaotic resistance of the opponents leads to the conclusion that they are not prepared to meet the challenge. The problem is already much more psychological then technological. [Bojidar Djordjev]
Individuals are rational and humane... Crowds are reactionary and barbaric. (Jason)
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it. –Chinese Proverb
Nothing sways the stupid more than arguments they can't understand - Cardinal de Retz
8950lx
Big Block

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2006, 11:23:03 am »

what kind of quadrant do you have? Does it have more than one hook? I recently installed an adjustable clutch cable, and had some problems with it. Just make sure it is on the hook at the quadrant and then go downstairs and hook it up to the fork, like Joel5.0 said. Also don't twist the cable, just rout it as smooth/direct as possible.

1988 Mustang LX Coupe former 4 banger:

306 CID, F303, 70mm TB, 76mm C&L MAF,  Comp Cams Box upper and Cobra lower, 24# injectors, Mac 1 5/8" Shorty Headers, 2.5" H pipe, Spin-Tech Pro Streets(dumps), 3.73 Gears, Cobra front brakes with '95 GT lower control arms, '95 GT rear disc brakes.
pa308
Big Block

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2006, 12:30:37 pm »

i have an svo single hook i know what u r talking bout.  i think i have something fucked up under the dash . did ur quadrant have two holes for mounting it on the shaft. one in the middle and one up top could i have to loosen the pedal and rotate it

stock block 308, factory stock prepped gt40 heads,z cam, 30lbers, 75mm tb, cl76mam,  r serires intake. qa1 kmember and a arms, coil over kit, cc plates. weld skinies up front and fatties out back lakewood 50/50 and 4.56,15/8lt 2900lb race weight
Joel5.0
El Hombre
Administrator
Big Block

Miracles?.... by appointment only!

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2006, 02:03:33 pm »

Check the differences......

VS

...and the positioning of the quadrant below.....

* Clutch_Quadrant.JPG (46.29 KB, 678x479 - viewed 303 times.)

ACRONYMS:
LUK  LMK  JIC  BTSTDTRT  YCYDYP  NFI-YTM  SPOBI, and the classic... DILLIGAS

'86 Mustang GT, X-303 cam, Holley DP 700, RG Tran., 289 Heads   Ford Smilie 2

Quote from: Joel5.0
The right to be stupid is inalienable for sure however, there is no such thing as a right to impose stupidity onto others
Great Thoughts will Overwhelm a Feeble Mind
There is never money to do it right, but there's always money to do it over.
Knowledge based on external evidence is unreliable.
He, who doesn't ask, does not deserve an answer.
A mind is like a parachute it only works when it is open.  (oldmanjoe)
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. (Albert Einstein)
Tuning on a Dyno for the track, is like swim practice in a bathtub.
I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you. (90lxcoupe)
The proof of understanding is the ability to explain it. (H. Torruella)
Ignorance is bliss, but stupidity is orgasmic.
Fraud and falsehood only dread examination. Truth invites it. (Samuel Johnson)
The chaotic resistance of the opponents leads to the conclusion that they are not prepared to meet the challenge. The problem is already much more psychological then technological. [Bojidar Djordjev]
Individuals are rational and humane... Crowds are reactionary and barbaric. (Jason)
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it. –Chinese Proverb
Nothing sways the stupid more than arguments they can't understand - Cardinal de Retz
8950lx
Big Block

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2006, 02:07:14 pm »

Yep... my quadrant has a hole at the bottom (or rear, depending on how you look at it)  and another one halfway between the hook and the lower hole. I've never taken one out (though I've tried) but from what I see, it doesn't look like it can be "adjusted" so to speak. The hook should face the driver with the pedal released. As you step on the clutch pedal the hook kind of goes down pulling the cable with it.

Also, I forgot to say... with the transmission crossmember, it can only go on one way. It's got two "humps" to clear the exhaust. One side is slightly shorter than the other. I myself have bolted it  on the wrong way just to find the holes did not line up with the bolts on the trans. mount. Yeah, you can push the trans. and make it work... sord of, but then the whole thing would be cocked sideways. Are you sure you didn't put it on wrong? That would explain why the cable seems too short also.

306 CID, F303, 70mm TB, 76mm C&L MAF,  Comp Cams Box upper and Cobra lower, 24# injectors, Mac 1 5/8" Shorty Headers, 2.5" H pipe, Spin-Tech Pro Streets(dumps), 3.73 Gears, Cobra front brakes with '95 GT lower control arms, '95 GT rear disc brakes.
pa308
Big Block

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2006, 05:47:33 pm »

welp i think my quadrant is on wrong cause withn the pedal up mine still faces down and about the x member the humps face up mine r down so i put  that on wrong thanx a loy guys il keep trying 

8950lx
Big Block

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2006, 08:17:30 pm »

yep, just make sure your quadrant looks like the one in the 3rd picture above. The ones Joel5.0 posted.

Kaoz78z78
Stroked Small Block

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2006, 02:13:56 am »

Your quadrant has 2 holes. One rear one, closer to the firewall and one in the front, closer to the hook on the quad. Your pedal assembly has 2 shafts. One is stationary and acts as a pivot point. The other shaft moves when the pedal is depressed. The quadrant must go on BOTH shafts.

The only way I could find after a couple of hours of doing it wrong is to look towards the firewall right under the steering wheel. There is almost a little tunnel made so the quad goes in like from the drivers seat straight toward the firewall with the hook end closest to the driver.

Sorry if you have it this way and I am oversimplifying something you have on correct already. Your post just read to me like you had the quad on only one of those shafts.

Good Luck!

Is1BadFord
Rookie
2stroke

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2006, 08:54:41 am »

Plus One

Good call.

Cris 
pa308
Big Block

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2006, 09:22:52 pm »

no its not ant on that way  where mine hooks on the  quadrant when the pedal is pressed in the quadrant is facing dow to where the steering wheel support is.  i think the shaft the pdeal bolts on  is 180 degrees off. cause it is slotted and could go on two ways.

Kaoz78z78
Stroked Small Block

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2006, 10:32:50 pm »

i STILL DON'T GET WHAT YA MEAN MAN. i KNOW IT WOULD BE ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE BUT, CAN YOU GET A PIC OR 2?

pa308
Big Block

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2006, 01:22:53 am »

okay i got it figured out i had the quadrant in front of the stop for the quadrant therefore i didnt have enough cable but thanks a lot my spec stage 3 is a pain to push in though

Kaoz78z78
Stroked Small Block

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2006, 04:59:36 pm »

Yeah my Centerforce can be a pain sometimes. I would hate to know I had to daily drive mine. So you only had your quadrant on one of the shafts?

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: