Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 19, 2018, 11:52:29 am

Login with username, password and session length
TRADER Feedback System
IS NOW AVAILABLE
* SBFTECH Membership Required *
435277 Posts in 37275 Topics by 9537 Members
Latest Member: Mgabski
Search: Advanced search
Advertiser Inquiries
+ My Community
|-+ Membership Tech
| |-+ Product Reviews
| | |-+ UPR - Control Arm
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: UPR - Control Arm  (Read 5301 times)
mighty mouse
"Prom King Mista Nathan Moonen"
Administrator
Big Block

I'll be the Judge of that

« on: July 22, 2009, 02:59:37 pm »

This is a guy on my local forum.  1st pass on good tires did this to the UPR control Arm, did this to his driveshaft and chuncked his tire.  He got out of it right away or it could have been a lot worse.

UPR replaced the unit with their "pro line" stuff... which the guy sold and bought Team Z stuff.

original thread - http://qcaautoforums.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=6312

* DSC02103.jpg (79.62 KB, 800x600 - viewed 541 times.)

* DSC02104.jpg (67.75 KB, 800x600 - viewed 478 times.)

* DSC02106.jpg (77.24 KB, 800x600 - viewed 483 times.)

1986 Mustang GT Convertible
Suspension and Differential by Team Z Motorsports
9.5 Deck Forged Stroker Shortblock by FordStrokers
Trick Flow High Ports and Super Vic EFI intake by Duane Busch

I'd rather be a fool who is loyal to his friends than a POS that jumps ship to save face. We were wrong in the end, but nobody can ever call us disloyal. I can live with that.
mmb
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 03:10:42 pm »

This is just getting stupid now, talk about magazine hype.   

Outlaw Bill
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 03:15:32 pm »

Nothing has changed.

www.TeamZmotorsports.net

TeamZmotorsports 25.2 outlaw drag radial stock suspension 1991 Mustang
Thank You to the following for their help
TeamZmotorsports
Marcella Manifolds
Schoneck Composite
Ultimate Converter Concepts

"Stupid is as stupid does", "You can't fix stupid"
"Common sense is not common"
mmb
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 03:16:36 pm »

Lets see so far this year we have seen....

1. upr front control arm cracked, buyer went with Team Z

2. This upr rear control failure, buyer went with Team Z

3. upr k-member failure that caused the car to crash. Or was it another front a-arm failure? Either way the car crashed, not sure if the person was able to purchase anymore parts.....

Yep makes me want to save a few dollars  Disgust
irish
Big Block

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 03:35:38 pm »

IIRC a couple people died due to A arm failure, was a large write up on YB I think.

Matt

1988 GT converted to mass air, 73mm C&L, cobra upper/lower, 24s, windsor junior heads, equal shorties, h-pipe, msd 6al, e-cam, fenderwell cai, 3.73s, t-5, Saleen clone...
mighty mouse
"Prom King Mista Nathan Moonen"
Administrator
Big Block

I'll be the Judge of that

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2009, 03:36:41 pm »

There is a guy on that board - a real genius - whom I argue with all the time.  Partly because it gets his panties in a bunch, but mostly because he is a UPR/AFR superhero moron.

This is his reply to this break:

"Sucks man. Your getting a solid bushing upgrade though for free so your doing alright. That tire is fine I have damaged worse just from the fenders rubbing. UPR makes decent stuff it may not be Team Z but it doesn't cost as much. Anybody that mass produces and sells a parts like they do is bound to have failures. You see Vortech failures quite often but it doesn't mean they sell an unreliable part. Just the law of averages catching up to them. "

1986 Mustang GT Convertible
Suspension and Differential by Team Z Motorsports
9.5 Deck Forged Stroker Shortblock by FordStrokers
Trick Flow High Ports and Super Vic EFI intake by Duane Busch

I'd rather be a fool who is loyal to his friends than a POS that jumps ship to save face. We were wrong in the end, but nobody can ever call us disloyal. I can live with that.
mmb
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2009, 03:44:07 pm »

Law of Averages?  WTF this is my life......  I'll keep my Team Z parts thank you!
PeteCleary
Self_Deleted
Big Block

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2009, 03:51:43 pm »

That's nasty. No 'averages' are good when they're hosing your guts off the track.

-Pete
biggspray
"Brando"
Big Block

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2009, 04:01:50 pm »

i have upr front to back, got it before team z and before all the issues starting poping up, so far so good, and i know alot of guys like to leave well enough alone, but this winter it is getting a mini tub kit, and im going to replace all my suspension front to back with team z stuff, regardless ..

run what you brung....and hope you brung enough..
Joel5.0
El Hombre
Administrator
Big Block

Miracles?.... by appointment only!

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2009, 08:42:48 pm »

There is a guy on that board - a real genius - whom I argue with all the time.  Partly because it gets his panties in a bunch, but mostly because he is a UPR/AFR superhero moron.

"Sucks man. Your getting a solid bushing upgrade though for free so your doing alright. That tire is fine I have damaged worse just from the fenders rubbing. UPR makes decent stuff it may not be Team Z but it doesn't cost as much. Anybody that mass produces and sells a parts like they do is bound to have failures. You see Vortech failures quite often but it doesn't mean they sell an unreliable part. Just the law of averages catching up to them. "
Blowing Up

That is the STUPIDEST excuse for a product that doesn't perform... period.... and yeah.... it pisses me off .... .... why? .... I worked in manufacturing, and was responsible to Quote-Unquote battle, or take the "law of averages" out of the list of excuses. IOW..... that remark is plain and simple Bullshit Flag, their Mfg. or Process Engineers need to get their asses in gear and work towards "zero defects".... "Six Sigma"..... or better said..... CUSTOMER SATISFACTION.

My Bad for this digression of mine, but that is a lame excuse for incompetence, low quality products, and the main reason why "Made in USA" will continue to become more rare.... and worse than rare..... ridiculed, eventually.  Disgust

By the fucking way......  .... the only items more important than suspension parts in a setup, focusing on SAFETY alone here, are brake components.... or is that too hard to understand? OK... time for me to  Take a Chill Pill ......

ACRONYMS:
LUK  LMK  JIC  BTSTDTRT  YCYDYP  NFI-YTM  SPOBI, and the classic... DILLIGAS

'86 Mustang GT, X-303 cam, Holley DP 700, RG Tran., 289 Heads   Ford Smilie 2

Quote from: Joel5.0
The right to be stupid is inalienable for sure however, there is no such thing as a right to impose stupidity onto others
Great Thoughts will Overwhelm a Feeble Mind
There is never money to do it right, but there's always money to do it over.
Knowledge based on external evidence is unreliable.
He, who doesn't ask, does not deserve an answer.
A mind is like a parachute it only works when it is open.  (oldmanjoe)
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. (Albert Einstein)
Tuning on a Dyno for the track, is like swim practice in a bathtub.
I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you. (90lxcoupe)
The proof of understanding is the ability to explain it. (H. Torruella)
Ignorance is bliss, but stupidity is orgasmic.
Fraud and falsehood only dread examination. Truth invites it. (Samuel Johnson)
The chaotic resistance of the opponents leads to the conclusion that they are not prepared to meet the challenge. The problem is already much more psychological then technological. [Bojidar Djordjev]
Individuals are rational and humane... Crowds are reactionary and barbaric. (Jason)
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it. –Chinese Proverb
Nothing sways the stupid more than arguments they can't understand - Cardinal de Retz
nitrotim
Big Block

Location: Millville, NJ, Home of the New Jersey Motorsports Park.

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2009, 09:05:27 pm »

There is a guy on that board - a real genius - whom I argue with all the time.  Partly because it gets his panties in a bunch, but mostly because he is a UPR/AFR superhero moron.

OMG Hey watch me take my .357 and take 5 rounds out of it and spin the wheel and play a little Russian Roulette.  What a fuckin Genius!!!!

"Shortage of low end tq and 408 ci dont belong in the same sentence"  - Woody
gtvert90
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2009, 10:28:58 pm »

Yeah. that solid bushing upgrade is gonna make up for it when he's in the hospital or 6' under  Disgust

Not to Mention the DS is fucked up too.

Phil.
rusty105
Big Block

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2009, 01:18:36 pm »

By the looks of it they really are a poor design. All that force is directed through a 3/4"? bolt, in tension. I can't really tell from the pics, but is the weld material still atached to the bolt, or to the bushing sleeve?

Rusty

Rusty
Engines are not 'LEGOs' It is not snap and click and there you have it.
Getting the Education I should have received years ago !
Racefab
liljoe07
"Gentleman Joe"
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

Feed your MILD side

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2009, 02:05:47 pm »

The weld looked pretty, but no where near deep enough IMHO.

89 Coupe:
347- Canfield 195's, Holley Systemax II, Jones Cam, 3" Exhaust, 3" Spintechs, QuarterHorse, BE/EA

Well since you friggin disagree with every damn suggestion, just rebuild the piece of shit.
fs308
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2010, 03:25:39 am »

Lets see so far this year we have seen....

1. upr front control arm cracked, buyer went with Team Z

2. This upr rear control failure, buyer went with Team Z

3. upr k-member failure that caused the car to crash. Or was it another front a-arm failure? Either way the car crashed, not sure if the person was able to purchase anymore parts.....

Yep makes me want to save a few dollars  Disgust

i know this is an older post but i have to ad about a local guys experience with upr.  the guy wasnt even hot rodding his car when the upr a arm failed.  he hit a small pot hole in the rode when the upr a arm failed and wrecked his car. lmk see if i can dig up the pictures

ME Cheesy
This is SBF if YOU want to learn something shutup, listen and leave your feelings at the door

Originally Posted by dudeboy AKA VRIstrang 
Be polite and cordial when you talk to them, as pissing off the guys that can help you is seldom a good idea.[/quote}
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: