Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 02, 2021, 12:34:44 am

Login with username, password and session length
435311 Posts in 37295 Topics by 9537 Members
Latest Member: Mgabski
Search: Advanced search
Advertiser Inquiries
+ My Community
|-+ Library Tech Library Tech
| |-+ Power and Drivetrain Combos
| | |-+ 289/302 - non-stroker combos
| | | |-+ Juiced Coupes 306
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Juiced Coupes 306  (Read 316753 times)
TooFast98Cobra
Small Block

« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2010, 12:42:13 pm »

nice build man!

'98 Cobra----Jackstand Queen----SOLD
'93 Notch----Race Car----Almost done
juiced coupe
Six figures worth of don't give a f*ck
Global Moderator
Big Block

The land mass between New Orleans and Mobile

« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2010, 11:31:22 pm »

nice build man!

Thanks. The car has come a long way since I got it, but it still has a ways to go. I am expecting to have some extra cash this spring because a upcoming plant turnaround at work (7-12s for 2 months!) plus a lot of random overtime. I am hoping to get it painted along with new wheels and tires.

Doing more with less, or something like that.
http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,20009.0.html

Quote from: Monte Smith
Bottom line, if it was the hot ticket, the fast guys would do it.............they don't

You might need some Titanium rods and a flow bench!  LMAO on floor

I honestly don't get it.

I'm sweating, my heart is racing, my clutch foot is twichin', and my right arm punched the computer screen doing an involentary 2-3 shift while reading all that. 
69 Merc
The Ricer King
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2010, 11:53:34 pm »

nice build man!

Thanks. The car has come a long way since I got it, but it still has a ways to go. I am expecting to have some extra cash this spring because a upcoming plant turnaround at work (7-12s for 2 months!) plus a lot of random overtime. I am hoping to get it painted along with new wheels and tires.

Grab that over-time pay!!!!   

Robert's 1969 Mercury Montego (FordStrokers 408W, QFT 850cfm RQ-AN, Super Victor, 1" aluminum open spacer, CamMotion HR .624"/.609" 251*/256* 108* LSA, 1-3/4"x3-1/2" headers, Dynomax Ultra #17224 mufflers, C6/4R100 trans, 8"/9" 5500 converter, Broader Performance manual V/B, 9" 4.56 Detroit Truetrac, Hoosier Pro Street 31x12.5R15 on 10" rims)

The Merc started here = http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,27178.0.html  Now = http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,34648.0.html

Thanks to Jim "Woody" and Nicole Woods @ FordStrokers 408W, Westminster Performance Transmission (W.P.T.) transmissions, TCS Performance converters, Broader Performance valvebodies and last but not least a BIG thanks (always) to my friends here and abroad in the World!
juiced coupe
Global Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2010, 03:59:48 pm »

Got it all in. The 10" drums required some adapter fittings (3/16 IF to 1/4 IF) which required me to modify the brake lines a little. Everything else went easier than expected.

Wheels and tires are going to have to wait. Too close to Christmas to be dropping $2000 on car parts. Gonna try to find some JY wheels that will fit until then. At least the car will be mobile so I can break in the gears and do some other things I have planned.

Believe it or not, I found some usable wheels just around the block. A guy down the road had 2 15" Ranger wheels (aluminum hole type) and 2 15" SN95 spare wheels (hole type), damn things almost match. For now, just going to hit the fronts with some aluminum paint and throw some 165s on them. They will be fine for breaking in the gears and getting the brake bias set.

* Image003.jpg (158.76 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 821 times.)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 12:08:50 pm by juiced coupe » Logged

Bottom line, if it was the hot ticket, the fast guys would do it.............they don't

I honestly don't get it.

I'm sweating, my heart is racing, my clutch foot is twichin', and my right arm punched the computer screen doing an involentary 2-3 shift while reading all that. 
Bam54
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2010, 05:21:38 pm »

Nice job keep at it and you will get her done in no time. Did you put in a whole upper torque box or just install and weld in the renforcements and paint around it? You can't tell from the pics.

Bam

"Take the horse out of the barn and let her run baby run"

www.ponyexpressracing.com

CHI headed 454 Clevor
9.24@142 1.30 60ft N/A
5.84@117 1.28 60ft N/A
3040lbs race weight
juiced coupe
Global Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2010, 05:34:16 pm »

Did you put in a whole upper torque box or just install and weld in the renforcements and paint around it? You can't tell from the pics.

Fully welded and painted, nothing else added. I may add reinforcements at another time.

I honestly don't get it.

juiced coupe
Global Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2010, 02:55:25 pm »

Got bored today and drove over to the local recycle yard and weighed it. 2760# without me (175) or the nitrous bottle (25). Thats with full interior minus the back seat (ripped). All the sound deadening is still intact except on the floor and the dash internals are still in place. Also, power windows and locks are still in place. Gotta love coupes.

On another note. The damn front wheels I got were the wrong ones  . So I just left the 4 cl fronts on for now until I get some new wheels.

I did get around to cutting the cross bar off my SN95 calipers. Checked clearance with one of the rear wheels, plenty of room with no spacers. Hopefully my front brake swap will be uneventful.

I honestly don't get it.

RunninHorse
Big Block

Órale!

« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2010, 03:31:28 pm »

So what have you done that has shaved the extra pounds?  K-member I guess?  What else?  My coupe has a couple hundred pounds more than yours.  I still have the factory K though.

I'm Rob.  Working on my '93 Reef Blue coupe.  Stock internal 302, 80 MAF, 75 TB, Victor 5.0, High Ports, 30# inj., B303, 1.6s, Tremec TKO 3550, Quicktime bell, Fidanza Al flywheel, stage 3 ceramic clutch, & 4.10s.  12.68 @ 111.69
'66 F100 shortbed, 352ci, 3 on the tree - on hold
'65 Coupe rolling chassis - on hold
Parts I'm selling: 
Hardened Push Rods - Trick Flow 6.2" .080 - $60
Misc. Fox Body Interior Pieces
juiced coupe
Global Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #68 on: December 01, 2010, 03:41:36 pm »

Factory K, heavy factory wheels, bumpers still there.

5 gal fuel cell, hood, carbed, limited engine dress, and a few little things that weren't needed (excess wiring, inner fenders, radio).  The carb and engine dress are big ones.

My plan is to have it under 3000 (total) after my roll bar is added while keeping my 85 GT seats. If I push it, maybe 2900.

I honestly don't get it.

RunninHorse
Big Block

Órale!

« Reply #69 on: December 01, 2010, 03:53:38 pm »

Awesome you should be able to get that thing pretty light.  I didn't realize the engine dress, etc. could make such a big difference.  I'm at 2920 without me in it with a 4 point cage, no rear seat, still EFI, sound deadening stuff still in place, but no A/C stuff under the hood.

I'm Rob.  Working on my '93 Reef Blue coupe.  Stock internal 302, 80 MAF, 75 TB, Victor 5.0, High Ports, 30# inj., B303, 1.6s, Tremec TKO 3550, Quicktime bell, Fidanza Al flywheel, stage 3 ceramic clutch, & 4.10s.  12.68 @ 111.69
'66 F100 shortbed, 352ci, 3 on the tree - on hold
'65 Coupe rolling chassis - on hold
Parts I'm selling: 
Hardened Push Rods - Trick Flow 6.2" .080 - $60
Misc. Fox Body Interior Pieces
juiced coupe
Global Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2010, 03:47:52 pm »

Getting ready to do a little fuel system upgrade.

When I first did my fuel system, I bought this large canister type filter from Napa (1/2" NPT, 1/2" ID internal openings). Due to its size, I had to mount it higher than I would have liked to. Now when my fuel cell gets below about 1/2 tank, I can hear my fuel pump change tone. Now I am replacing it with a inline (-10), 140 micron filter. Directly on the pump suction, which is nearly level with the fuel cell outlet (+/- 1").

Replacing this:

http://www.napaonline.com/Search/Detail.aspx?R=FIL4309_0006538844

http://www.napaonline.com/Search/Detail.aspx?R=FIL3123_0006473245

With this:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EAR-230310ERL/

Thought some of you doing their fuel systems might like this.

I honestly don't get it.

juiced coupe
Global Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #71 on: December 28, 2010, 12:39:40 pm »

Out with the old, in with the new. In the pic, you can see how massive the canister filter is compared to the inline (which isn't exactly small). The new filter is a high flow, screen type. The 140 micron size should be plenty enough to protect the pump from any trash that might find its way in. I already have a 40 micron filter at the fuel solenoid, and plan on adding filtered -6 inlet fittings at the carb.

* Fuel Filters.JPG (365.44 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 545 times.)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 03:19:25 pm by juiced coupe » Logged

I honestly don't get it.

juiced coupe
Global Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #72 on: December 28, 2010, 03:08:55 pm »

It was late when I finished up yesterday. After I had a chance to look over the parts I removed, I found this. Some of the inner liner of one of the fuel lines had came loose. I checked all the lines after I assembled them, so it must have been wedged behind the nipple of the hose end and worked its way out later. I don't know when it happened, but this could have caused a full on meltdown. This was on the hose end at the fuel cell.  Phew

* 002.JPG (87.51 KB, 684x512 - viewed 537 times.)

* 003.JPG (136.61 KB, 684x512 - viewed 524 times.)

I honestly don't get it.

Bam54
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #73 on: December 28, 2010, 04:34:48 pm »

I have found one of my hoses like that before its kinda scary to thin what could have happened.

Bam

"Take the horse out of the barn and let her run baby run"

www.ponyexpressracing.com

CHI headed 454 Clevor
9.24@142 1.30 60ft N/A
5.84@117 1.28 60ft N/A
3040lbs race weight
juiced coupe
Global Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #74 on: January 27, 2011, 09:02:27 pm »

Fuel system upgrades, part 2. Under hood.

After finding the restrictions in the rear section of the car, I decided to re-plumb the front section.

Old setup had a 1/2" tube (7/16" ID) from the pump to the front of the car, adjacent to the starter. Then there was a section of -8 braid that went to a -8/-6 Y fitting. From there it had a -6 braided line to one reg and a 3/8" tube to the other. Then there was a -6 line from each reg to the nitrous and carb. There was also a cheap, parts store line on the carb.

There were some problems with this that I didn't notice when I first assembled it.
- Hose ends. The ID of the -8 hose ends might have been 5/16", the -6 is maybe 1/4".
- Also. Some of the lines were somewhat close to the headers (line insulated). While this hasn't caused any problems, this seemed like a good opportunity to fix it.

Solutions.
- Instead of a Y fitting, I built a fuel block from 3/8 npt fittings. The smallest ID of any of these fittings is @7/16", a good bit larger than the Y fitting. The log/regs will be mounted to a bracket in the air box area on the pass side.
- I replaced the -8 braided line from the tube to the regs with a -10. The ID of the hose ends is also 7/16", so they shouldn't cause any restrictions.
- I used the old -8 hose and Y fitting to make a new line to the carb. The feeder lines will be 3/8" tube.
- The only -6 line on the car will be to the fuel solenoid, but it should be plenty. Due to the new placement of everything, I had to turn the solenoid 180* for clearance. This will require making a new jumper line.

Here are some of the parts used. I keep forgetting how expensive those damn fittings are. I just spent another $80 on more fittings today and still need a few more.  Sad Sigh

* 029.JPG (352.07 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 491 times.)

* 030.JPG (347.79 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 514 times.)

I honestly don't get it.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: