Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 28, 2021, 05:05:33 am

Login with username, password and session length
Team Z Motorsports
Tech Section
* SBFTECH Membership Required *
435314 Posts in 37297 Topics by 9537 Members
Latest Member: Mgabski
Search: Advanced search
Advertiser Inquiries
+ My Community
|-+ Library Tech Library Tech
| |-+ Power and Drivetrain Combos
| | |-+ 289/302 - non-stroker combos
| | | |-+ Juiced Coupes 306
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Juiced Coupes 306  (Read 352315 times)
juiced coupe
Six figures worth of don't give a f*ck
Global Moderator
Big Block

The land mass between New Orleans and Mobile

« Reply #255 on: August 10, 2014, 02:28:31 am »

All brands about the same ?

As far as I know. I like the hex on the Wolfe pieces a little better, but my UPRs haven't gave me any issues.

Doing more with less, or something like that.
http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,20009.0.html

Quote from: Monte Smith
Bottom line, if it was the hot ticket, the fast guys would do it.............they don't

You might need some Titanium rods and a flow bench!  LMAO on floor

I honestly don't get it.

I'm sweating, my heart is racing, my clutch foot is twichin', and my right arm punched the computer screen doing an involentary 2-3 shift while reading all that. 
al2
Big Block

« Reply #256 on: August 10, 2014, 07:46:30 am »

Thanks Juice we are taking your advise and converting the rear coil spring shocks back to stock style coils and strange 10 way adj. we are welding up the boxes now . Thanks
347HO
A-1 Super Genious / Director of Maintenance
Section Moderator
Big Block

I believe they landed on the moon.

« Reply #257 on: August 10, 2014, 12:51:00 pm »

I don't know about the first gen mustangs, but the "fox" chassis are generally or on average that I've seen and read about are shoddy at best in reference to rear suspension rigidity.

I have pictures of my 86' mustang where the spot welds welded to nothing but air.
Like many people here and before me, I welded everything under my car, then installed my own design "battle box" if you will.  The original design Ford has in my 86' looked to be just enough to get by as a grocery getting passenger car and would clearly collapse after some hard hits with very good traction.

I'm certain you guys will take great advantage installing some type of "battle box" in your cars.  I believe you'll "feel" it after your first hard launch at the track with slicks.  Probably have to make some adjustments I'm sure.

... it was REALLY revving at like 4K...
If I saw that thing in my rear view Im pulling over to let you by, I be scared of that thing Huh? i dont know wich car is uglier ur or mine?
Javier
Ugly?  Easy now -- that's my baby and it's got lots of unique character!  When I drop that built 445" stroker in it you won't have any time to "pull over to let me pass" because I'll have already blown past you when you figure out what the hell was that loud noise behind you . . .  
juiced coupe
Global Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #258 on: August 21, 2014, 05:43:09 pm »

While cleaning several items on the car, I decided to rework the fuel plumbing on the nitrous system. I removed the conglomeration of fittings, and reduced it down.

The filter I used is from mid 80s Ford vehicles, with a 5/16 IF (1/2-20) inlet and 1/8" NPT outlet (Napa 3801). I then added a -6 to 1/2-20 IF adapter.

* 20140821_161005.jpg (3519.85 KB, 4128x2322 - viewed 2941 times.)

* 20140821_161105.jpg (2847.67 KB, 4128x2322 - viewed 2883 times.)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 12:18:27 pm by juiced coupe » Logged

Bottom line, if it was the hot ticket, the fast guys would do it.............they don't

I honestly don't get it.

I'm sweating, my heart is racing, my clutch foot is twichin', and my right arm punched the computer screen doing an involentary 2-3 shift while reading all that. 
al2
Big Block

« Reply #259 on: August 21, 2014, 07:44:07 pm »

Any track time lately or to hot ? We hope to get the 91 to the track Labor Day weekend.
juiced coupe
Global Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #260 on: August 21, 2014, 10:00:47 pm »

Any track time lately or to hot ?

Way too hot. Today was somewhat tolerable, heat index was only 103. I think the weekend is supposed to be closer to 110. Hell, I burned my hand on the shifter earlier today.

I honestly don't get it.

al2
Big Block

« Reply #261 on: February 04, 2017, 06:40:28 pm »

Is it cool enough to get this car back out yet lol ?
juiced coupe
Global Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #262 on: February 04, 2017, 06:57:12 pm »

Is it cool enough to get this car back out yet lol ?

Spt at PC

Yeah, I've just been busy with other stuff (too many hobbies). My wife said something the other day about not driving it in a while.

Probably my biggest holdup has nothing to do with the car itself. My trailer needs a new deck put on. Since I just got a new 20 volt impact, I'm out of excuses for not doing it. The weather looks decent this coming weekend, might do it then.

I honestly don't get it.

juiced coupe
Global Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #263 on: March 16, 2017, 07:12:07 pm »

It looks like I'm going to have to re-do the fuel system.

I was already planning on replacing all the braided lines on the car. The newest ones are about six years old and the ones under the car are probably nine years old, so they are due. I'm thinking that the Vibrant nylon braided line will be good. Its lighter than my current stainless braided line, compatible with my current type fittings, and is rated for modern fuels.

Now, after seventeen years, my Aeromotive pump decided to start leaking. And Aeromotive doesn't sell replacement pump parts. I've got a old Holley pump to get the car back going, but will need a better long term solution.

I'm thinking that the Edelbrock/Essex 160 looks pretty good. It would require minimal changes to my current setup. Although, I would prefer something a little bigger.

I've also considered some MagnaFlow options as well. But I hear that they don't do well when parked for any amount of time with fuel in them. And while draining the fuel system isn't "that bad", it kinda goes against the whole street car idea.

Decisions, decisions.

I honestly don't get it.

juiced coupe
Global Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #264 on: March 16, 2017, 08:52:42 pm »

Now, after seventeen years, my Aeromotive pump decided to start leaking. And Aeromotive doesn't sell replacement pump parts.

Got it apart. The bearing on the motor shaft came apart and pieces of the cage chewed up the seal between the motor and housing.

I've got a old Holley pump to get the car back going, but will need a better long term solution.

Good news, I have enough fittings and junk on hand to put the Holley pump on. A couple rivet nuts and some wire should have it back running until I decide what I want to do.

The not great, but not bad news. Its only a red pump, but at least its a old style red pump. Moroso still makes a relief spring for old style blue/red pumps that increases discharge pressure. I was actually planning on putting one in it regardless.

I honestly don't get it.

al2
Big Block

« Reply #265 on: March 16, 2017, 10:35:07 pm »

Does this mean you are going to get it back out ?  Upgrading my fuel system to.
juiced coupe
Global Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #266 on: March 17, 2017, 01:54:17 am »

Does this mean you are going to get it back out ? 

Thats the plan.

I may just make some motor and small hits with the red pump until I make a decision.

I'd really like a larger pump, something along the lines of a Magnafuel Quickstar 300. However, going that route will require several changes to my plumbing.

I'd also like to move the pump to the spare tire well, yet still have it covered.

I honestly don't get it.

Bam54
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #267 on: March 17, 2017, 10:56:28 am »

I have magnafuel pumps and they are great had one start leaking after a 16 months sitting but the rebuild kit was cheap sitting a couple months at a time doesn't seem to bother mine and I am running E85 which is worse than pump gas.

Bam

"Take the horse out of the barn and let her run baby run"

www.ponyexpressracing.com

CHI headed 454 Clevor
9.24@142 1.30 60ft N/A
5.84@117 1.28 60ft N/A
3040lbs race weight
juiced coupe
Global Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #268 on: March 17, 2017, 12:48:38 pm »

I have magnafuel pumps and they are great had one start leaking after a 16 months sitting but the rebuild kit was cheap sitting a couple months at a time doesn't seem to bother mine and I am running E85 which is worse than pump gas.

Bam

Yeah, I think that I'm gonna go in that direction.

I just got a reply back from Magnafuel, my current line sizing will work fine with the 300. Ultimately, that pump should handle any combination that my car will ever see.

I honestly don't get it.

juiced coupe
Global Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #269 on: March 17, 2017, 03:28:01 pm »

Well, at least the car is back running.

Before installing it on the car, I broke down the Holley pump to check for common problems associated with them. Sure enough, the internal bypass valve was rusted stuck and one of the pump vanes was tight. So I wet sanded everything until it worked smoothly.

Now it is holding a steady 6#, right where the regulator was set before. That little pump look funny with those -10 lines and filter on it.

Interestingly enough, I remembered those Holley pumps being louder. Don't get me wrong, its not quiet, but nowhere near as loud as the Aeromotive pump.

I honestly don't get it.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: