Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 12, 2019, 05:25:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length
435293 Posts in 37285 Topics by 9537 Members
Latest Member: Mgabski
Search: Advanced search
Advertiser Inquiries
+ My Community
|-+ General Tech
| |-+ Forced Induction
| | |-+ Turbos
| | | |-+ Junkyard Build
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Junkyard Build  (Read 11943 times)
MattMans88
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

The Real Blue Devil

« on: October 05, 2006, 03:49:56 pm »

So how about one of those junkyard twin turbo builds?  Have they been perfected yet?  I've seen and read quite a few different sites regarding this set-up, it seems like a damn cool idea!  Has anyone here tried this, or are they interested in doing so?  I just though it would be pretty cool to pull together a twin turbo kit for under a grand

'65 2+2

"I'm proud of you fellas. You all kept your head on a swivel, and that's what you gotta do when you find yourself in a vicious cock fight."

"What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing. How 'bout we get you in your p.j.'s and we hit the hay."

"Go fuck yourself, San Diego."

-Ron Burgundy
s92lx
Big Block

Jim Stump

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 06:37:00 pm »

My son just started gathering parts for a single turbo build on his 95, he can't stand the thought of the old man building a turbo drag radial car, and he being stuck with nitrous. I'll let you know how his build goes, and I'll tell him we want pics.  Grin

URF Racing Team
fastford577
Big Block

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2006, 10:38:29 pm »

a friend of mine collected all the parts needed to do one for an accord, but we havent had time to do it yet.  Yes you can get the majority of the parts for under a grand,  but dont forget youll need a good tune to get it to run right, and all of the little things add up fast no matter what you are building Good Luck!
Botietr
6 Banger

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 11:19:46 pm »

My son has his together but is having issues with the ecu,bought a MS and looks like he's going to buy a bigstuff3 .everything cost about 2grand.without the ecu
that includes
MP60-1 turbo
B&G turbo headers.
ebay wastegate
ebay bov
ebay a/a intercooler
42# injectors
225 fuel pump
spark plugs

we fabbed up the rest from pipe we bought from Race parts solutions.

should run pretty good.

expecting around 500-550 hp.could probaly go more but im sure the stock block wont like it.
ill let u know how it goes.

374W 91.5 Turbo
COTT TT5
FFW Renegage

mighty mouse
"Prom King Mista Nathan Moonen"
Administrator
Big Block

I'll be the Judge of that

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2006, 10:47:27 am »

http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,444.new.html#new

Here is one

1986 Mustang GT Convertible
Suspension and Differential by Team Z Motorsports
9.5 Deck Forged Stroker Shortblock by FordStrokers
Trick Flow High Ports and Super Vic EFI intake by Duane Busch

I'd rather be a fool who is loyal to his friends than a POS that jumps ship to save face. We were wrong in the end, but nobody can ever call us disloyal. I can live with that.
TurboLX
6 Banger

Boost Addiction

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2007, 08:11:01 pm »

Turbo Mustangs are pretty much a myth, cant keep one alive long enough
MattMans88
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

The Real Blue Devil

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2007, 12:34:35 pm »

Turbo Mustangs are pretty much a myth, cant keep one alive long enough

Tread reviving huh?   Post Whore ID LOL

How about the people who posted in here though, any updates on those projects?  s92lx, what about your son's toy?

"I'm proud of you fellas. You all kept your head on a swivel, and that's what you gotta do when you find yourself in a vicious cock fight."

"What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing. How 'bout we get you in your p.j.'s and we hit the hay."

-Ron Burgundy
TurboLX
6 Banger

Boost Addiction

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2007, 12:14:58 am »

serioulsy dude lol, go on turbo mustangs and half those guys have there cars on jack stands still, just like mine 
MattMans88
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

The Real Blue Devil

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2007, 12:05:30 pm »

Oh I believe it lol.  If I did a turbo it wouldnt be for years.  I just don't have the time or the space to have my car torn apart for a year.  For boost I'll lean towards a supercharger, for now  Smiley 

-Ron Burgundy
88t/t notch
2stroke

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2008, 08:12:12 pm »

serioulsy dude lol, go on turbo mustangs and half those guys have there cars on jack stands still, just like mine 

that might be true, but i have a t/t notch that i bought about a year and a half ago and it runs great. iv'e gone 10.8@ 124 on dr's. it has stock g/n turbo's(t3/t4) and its only a little 306 @ 20# boost. just thought i'd throw my 2cents in. 

MattMans88
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

The Real Blue Devil

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2008, 10:46:11 pm »

that might be true, but i have a t/t notch that i bought about a year and a half ago and it runs great. iv'e gone 10.8@ 124 on dr's. it has stock g/n turbo's(t3/t4) and its only a little 306 @ 20# boost. just thought i'd throw my 2cents in. 

Cool shit man!  Care to tell us some more about your combo? 

You could even post up some pics in the "Pics and Videos" section  Naughty

-Ron Burgundy
racereddy20
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2008, 08:27:27 am »

Come on you cant come in here and dangle a bone in our faces... Wheres the pics???

turbo5.0240sx
4 Banger

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2008, 11:53:00 pm »

my setup was a stock $200.0 1986 grand marquis engine with 157,000 miles, self ported e7's, victor jr, self modded $150.0 650 holley, t- bird turbos $150.0, 3.23 gears, 2400 convertor, spinning on drag radials i went 10.90 @ 127 with 12psi and crappy 1.7 60'. It was in my nissan 240sx which weighs 3000 with me in it. I am now switching turbos and looking to go 10.20 @ 134-136 and maybe turn the boost up and maybe hit high 9's. I have an edelbrock headed 351 waiting in the wings after this one pukes the block or cast pistons, looking to go 8's with it and will have less than $1000.0 in the motor and about $1200 in the new turbo setup.I was getting 19-21 mpg around town with that setup and think 16-18 is realistic with the 351. Turbos rule!
MattMans88
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

The Real Blue Devil

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2008, 10:27:11 am »

my setup was a stock $200.0 1986 grand marquis engine with 157,000 miles, self ported e7's, victor jr, self modded $150.0 650 holley, t- bird turbos $150.0, 3.23 gears, 2400 convertor, spinning on drag radials i went 10.90 @ 127 with 12psi and crappy 1.7 60'. It was in my nissan 240sx which weighs 3000 with me in it. I am now switching turbos and looking to go 10.20 @ 134-136 and maybe turn the boost up and maybe hit high 9's. I have an edelbrock headed 351 waiting in the wings after this one pukes the block or cast pistons, looking to go 8's with it and will have less than $1000.0 in the motor and about $1200 in the new turbo setup.I was getting 19-21 mpg around town with that setup and think 16-18 is realistic with the 351. Turbos rule!

Very impressive set-up for the money!  Got any pics?  lol

-Ron Burgundy
88t/t notch
2stroke

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2008, 11:47:27 am »

Cool shit man!  Care to tell us some more about your combo? 

You could even post up some pics in the "Pics and Videos" section  Naughty

let me just say i bought it done, but i had to do some work to the car. basically its a homemade system with reversed 351 shorty headers, and twin intercoolers. 306 stock block, je pistons, afr 185 heads, f-cam, downs upper intake, tial 50mm bov. 3in. exhaust with magna flow mufflers with dumps.( its nice and quiet until you get on it.) trans is a c-4, and the rear has 327 gears. i run m/t dr's. i dumped the power steering and put a manual rack in. and it has a full interior with a radio, all stock seats and a 6point bar. really nothing fancy. i do run race gas because i don't have a boost controller or a meth kit, so thats the only part that sucks.  i had pics on my other comp. but not on my new one, i'll try to take some and post them if i can figure out how to.  thanks, later.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: