Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2018, 01:52:41 am

Login with username, password and session length
435164 Posts in 37251 Topics by 9534 Members
Latest Member: 88_GT
Search: Advanced search
Advertiser Inquiries
+ SBFTECH.com Experienced Small Block Ford Tech
|-+ Membership Tech
| |-+ Projects Under Construction
| | |-+ 347HO's 86' RR build
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 347HO's 86' RR build  (Read 265708 times)
347HO
A-1 Super Genious / Director of Maintenance
Section Moderator
Big Block

I believe they landed on the moon.

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2009, 12:33:13 am »

Okay...  here we go again;
1st pic;  rearend with tire at ride height after fabricating new upper and lower control arm locations for much better "instant centers".

2nd pic;  top view of same showing TeamZ double adjustable uppers and single lowers with my fabricated frames

3rd pic;  same as 1st pic but different angle

4th pic;  same as 3rd pic but different angle

5th pic;  same as 2nd pic but from inside the trunk area (close up)

6th pic;  shows the upper control arms relocated 2" higher than stock (notice the bolt below the control arm)

7th pic;  shows the lower control arms relocated 2" higher than stock (notice again the bolt below the control arm)

8th pic;  shows the lower control arm factory location of the bolt, and my new position.  I made some oval caps to weld and cover the old holes and bring back some strength in that area of the frame.

* 86' RR project064.jpg (996.84 KB, 2816x2112 - viewed 369 times.)

* 86' RR project065.jpg (996.39 KB, 2816x2112 - viewed 399 times.)

* 86' RR project066.jpg (1001.53 KB, 2816x2112 - viewed 356 times.)

* 86' RR project067.jpg (1002.45 KB, 2816x2112 - viewed 372 times.)

* 86' RR project068.jpg (1002.98 KB, 2816x2112 - viewed 352 times.)

* 86' RR project069.jpg (1004.29 KB, 2816x2112 - viewed 361 times.)

* 86' RR project070.jpg (1000.13 KB, 2816x2112 - viewed 384 times.)

* 86' RR project071.jpg (1008.91 KB, 2816x2112 - viewed 366 times.)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 06:28:54 pm by Joel5.0 » Logged

... it was REALLY revving at like 4K...
If I saw that thing in my rear view Im pulling over to let you by, I be scared of that thing Huh? i dont know wich car is uglier ur or mine?
Javier
Ugly?  Easy now -- that's my baby and it's got lots of unique character!  When I drop that built 445" stroker in it you won't have any time to "pull over to let me pass" because I'll have already blown past you when you figure out what the hell was that loud noise behind you . . .  
mystang
Big Block

tractor pullin

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2009, 01:05:05 am »

looks very nice
are you gonna roll the lips on the 1/4 s

mystang

STOP AN SMELL THE FLOWERS
IF THAT DON'T WORK.INHALE RACEING FUEL
jtmustang
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2009, 01:39:26 am »

so july   it will  be under its own power or rolling... Hmmmmm

just playin dana cant wait to see it up and running
oldmanjoe
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

ya `ll play nice ye-hear

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2009, 03:14:43 pm »

Okay...  here we go again;
1st pic;  rearend with tire at ride height after fabricating new upper and lower control arm locations for much better "instant centers".

2nd pic;  top view of same showing TeamZ double adjustable uppers and single lowers with my fabricated frames

3rd pic;  same as 1st pic but different angle

4th pic;  same as 3rd pic but different angle

5th pic;  same as 2nd pic but from inside the trunk area (close up)

6th pic;  shows the upper control arms relocated 2" higher than stock (notice the bolt below the control arm)

7th pic;  shows the lower control arms relocated 2" higher than stock (notice again the bolt below the control arm)

8th pic;  shows the lower control arm factory location of the bolt, and my new position.  I made some oval caps to weld and cover the old holes and bring back some strength in that area of the frame.

hey dana ,nice work.     question even for a road race set up, the upper control arm gets mounted that high on the frame  .     i though it would go the other way.    joe

Still in the classroom hopefully still awake !!!
 A mind is like a parachute it ONLY works when it is OPEN
 Grandpa`s word`s of wisdom, joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack
 Only a rich man can afford cheap parts, because he can afford to replace them
 If you did not understand what i said,say so and i will try and explain it another way
Many of life's failures are experienced by people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.
Don`t get frustrated...get educated,you are at the library now ,so start reading .
Life`s journey is not to arrive at the grave Safely in a well preserved body,Rather to skid in sideways, out of control, totally worn out, Shouting Holy shit what a ride.
Inside the box is too crowded for me!!! besides every time you get going you run in to another corner.
 SPEED READING and written technical information , Don`t go together
Time is the best teacher, but most of its students die before learning the lessons.
IF YOUR READING COMPREHENSION IS NOT
OF A 5TH GRADE LEVEL DO NOT PROCEED {jay allen}
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
347HO
Section Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2009, 10:20:28 pm »

looks very nice
are you gonna roll the lips on the 1/4 s

mystang
Maybe, gtcoupe (Doug)/Dave has a doodad that rolls the lip.
The tire clears the fender by more than an 1/8" once the axles are connected to a differential.

...   question even for a road race set up, the upper control arm gets mounted that high on the frame  .     i though it would go the other way.    joe
I'm attempting to achieve the most anti-squat as possible.  Most of the load will be when exiting a corner and accelerating.  Having my uppers and lowers intersect further forward and higher should keep my chassis from squating/pulling the rearend/axles upward.

If I saw that thing in my rear view Im pulling over to let you by, I be scared of that thing Huh? i dont know wich car is uglier ur or mine?
Javier
Ugly?  Easy now -- that's my baby and it's got lots of unique character!  When I drop that built 445" stroker in it you won't have any time to "pull over to let me pass" because I'll have already blown past you when you figure out what the hell was that loud noise behind you . . .  
jtmustang
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2009, 02:31:48 pm »

hey dana i was bored and you are a busy man so i was just transfering pics u posted recently on our local  (jasons) site..          www.seattleblueovals.com

hope u dont mind.. Grin...

I just finished up the new Posi TeamZ sent me with a 3.73 setup
More pictures of the 8.8.
Eaton pro posi w/ Motive 3.73
Moser 31sp axles
Wilwood 12.1" vented disc w/4piston calipers

Naughty
jtmustang
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2010, 04:39:15 pm »

hey there dana,.......

so how goes the battle here..?.......i seen you have the front susp stuff out..so is the new k and setup in ?

just curious how it goes on your killer little project here.. Naughty

Grin
347HO
Section Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2010, 04:43:46 pm »

Howzit Jason?

I'm cleaning up the fenders, getting it ready for the TeamZ K-member mock-up.

I'm staring at this stuff, and I'm thinking adapting a true upper/lower control arm, coil-over setup.
I can either fabricate it all, or buy the C5 stuff but not save any money or time since I'll have to fabricate a spindle bearing setup for the 5lug ford.

Javier
quickshift
Big Block

...I'm old as dirt (says Lil joe)

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2010, 05:02:59 pm »

Dana, could you please provide a ''real world'' measured back space # in inches at you convenience on those wheels, as I'm considering a staggered set for my cougar. The fox/cougar has longer axles and can tolerate more back space. That project of yours is coming together very nicely...just keep it going slacker! Grin    Thanks Bud,   Mark

71 Comet, 289,351w heads,RR's,12.5 TRWs,ported torker/750DP, Liberty Top Loader (2.78), 9"/6.00s, tubbed,ladder bars,11.9xs@110 ..bla,bla,bla
84Cougar,88HO,Eddy RPM/700DP, 1.7RRs, shorty's, 8.8/4.10s,T-5/Hurst Pro Billet, K/C clutch...bla,bla,bla

Never shoot your mouth off unless your brain is loaded.   If you're not laughing...you're not living!
347HO
Section Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2010, 05:35:27 pm »

Dana, could you please provide a ''real world'' measured back space # in inches at you convenience on those wheels, as I'm considering a staggered set for my cougar. The fox/cougar has longer axles and can tolerate more back space. That project of yours is coming together very nicely...just keep it going slacker! Grin    Thanks Bud,   Mark
Will do!
Gimme a day.

Javier
jtmustang
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2010, 05:39:07 pm »

Howzit Jason?

I'm staring at this stuff, and I'm thinking adapting a true upper/lower control arm, coil-over setup.
I can either fabricate it all, or buy the C5 stuff but not save any money or time since I'll have to fabricate a spindle bearing setup for the 5lug ford.

its going sir.. Smiley

well sounds like u are pondering something  new here... Wonder, Ponder

you know we all like pics...so u got the old motor and tranny out of her now huh,,..?

later...
347HO
Section Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2010, 05:43:52 pm »

Howzit Jason?

its going sir.. Smiley

well sounds like u are pondering something  new here... Wonder, Ponder

you know we all like pics...so u got the old motor and tranny out of her now huh,,..?

later...
No, nothing new, just thinking of accomplishing something Ford should have done long ago to the Mustang.

Javier
347HO
Section Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2010, 09:41:36 am »

Damn... I totally forgot to do this.
I'll get to it this week.

Javier
347HO
Section Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2010, 09:42:58 am »

TeamZ front suspension stuff mocking up...

* 01_2010 003.JPG (302.38 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 346 times.)

* 01_2010 004.JPG (298.9 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 284 times.)

* 01_2010 005.JPG (300.29 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 321 times.)

* 01_2010 006.JPG (304.01 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 343 times.)

* 01_2010 007.JPG (298.93 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 335 times.)

Javier
347HO
Section Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2010, 09:44:33 am »

1996 Cobra spindles on TeamZ control arms and Konis.
Had to clearance the spindle a tad.

* spindlemod1.JPG (297.78 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 334 times.)

* spindlemod2.JPG (308.39 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 340 times.)

* spindlemod3.JPG (302.9 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 315 times.)

Javier
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 53 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: